The battle for 1st seed - 2018

BTW, I believe the #1 seed has won the last 5 SB's

BTW, I believe the #1 seed has won the last 5 SB's

A number 1 seed has won to be more accurate.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Yeah probably, but the chiefs have not won a superbowl in 50 years, so there is that.

not true...

...it's only been 49 years...

A number 1 seed has won to be more accurate.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

not true...

...it's only been 49 years...

The future is bright!

The future is bright!

Packer fans thought the same thing. At the very least you should have an offense that keeps pressure on the opposition. What you need to do is figure out your identity on defense. The ManniHGH/Dungy Clots played fast with a defense designed to put pressure on the passer after they had run out to a big lead. I somewhat think that's the idea with guys like Ford and Houston, but I don't really see enough cohesion or an organized game plan on that side of the ball to be able to make that determination. Time will tell.

Win the first one, then we can talk about the future.

Packer fans thought the same thing. At the very least you should have an offense that keeps pressure on the opposition. What you need to do is figure out your identity on defense. The ManniHGH/Dungy Clots played fast with a defense designed to put pressure on the passer after they had run out to a big lead. I somewhat think that's the idea with guys like Ford and Houston, but I don't really see enough cohesion or an organized game plan on that side of the ball to be able to make that determination. Time will tell.

Win the first one, then we can talk about the future.

Our problems on Defense are because of coaching . Sutton and hopefully a couple of his idiots will be gone after this season. Brett Veach won't tolerate this level of dumbassery.

Our problems on Defense are because of coaching . Sutton and hopefully a couple of his idiots will be gone after this season. Brett Veach won't tolerate this level of dumbassery.

Agreed. You have some elite talent on that side of the ball with absolutely no clue what to do with it.

Tommorow should be a lot of fun to watch football. Would love to have HFA, but it might be tough to see both KC and lac loose, but it is possible

Glad we got the #2 seed in our control, just need to close the deal with a win and let January play out

You guys have a great offfense and qb, just need to get your defense play a little better.

Okay, the #1 seed is a longshot for the Patriots, but, the way I look at it, they are two home wins away from playing in what, their eighth straight AFCCG? And the first of those home wins would be against the Jets.

Assuming they make it that far, the AFCCG is not a stone cold lock to be on the road, because Andy Reid.

Okay, the #1 seed is a longshot for the Patriots, but, the way I look at it, they are two home wins away from playing in what, their eighth straight AFCCG? And the first of those home wins would be against the Jets.

Assuming they make it that far, the AFCCG is not a stone cold lock to be on the road, because Andy Reid.
I miss the days of facing Dick Jauron, Herm Edwards, and Dave Wannestadt for six games a year, but having to face Andy Reid in the playoffs is a decent consolation prize.

Eight straight AFCCGs is amazing!!! Unbelievable almost.

I guess I should stop racking my brain, since ESPN has a "playoff machine" that (hopefully) has the tiebreaking rules correctly coded.

Here is my final scenario.

For those of you who are ESPN boycotters:

NFC Seeding:

1. NO
  2. LAR
  3. CHI
  4. DAL
  5. SEA
  6. PHI
AFC Seeding:

1. KC
  2. NE
  3. HOU
  4. BAL
  5. LAC
  6. IND
Yes, I have the Squealers, the Titans, and the Norsemen out of the playoffs.

I posted this on 12/23.

Should have put money on it. :coffee:

Agreed. You have some elite talent on that side of the ball with absolutely no clue what to do with it.

They also have a lot of money tied up in a couple of players, and are dogshit in the secondary. Complete and utter dogshit. :coffee:

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

You guys have a great offfense and qb, just need to get your defense play a little better.

It's dead last in the league by every metric. I don't think "a little better" will quite cut it.

They also have a lot of money tied up in a couple of players, and are dogshit in the secondary. Complete and utter dogshit. :coffee:

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

It's dead last in the league by every metric. I don't think "a little better" will quite cut it.

They got a great offense, so it may not take much to win a game. All of their losses have been close games all within a touchdown. In those games the offense put up 40, 51, 28 and 31 in the losses.

All is takes is one game to lose in the playoffs and the KC D may just cough up a fur ball and loose it for the team, but if the D can just hold serve for three games, KC has a chance so long as the offense does not come up short.

They got a great offense, so it may not take much to win a game. All of their losses have been close games all within a touchdown. In those games the offense put up 40, 51, 28 and 31 in the losses.

All is takes is one game to lose in the playoffs and the KC D may just cough up a fur ball and loose it for the team, but if the D can just hold serve for three games, KC has a chance so long as the offense does not come up short.

That defense hasn't 'held serve' the entire year. I see no indications that it's going to start now.

Is it just me, or does this describe Peyton Manning's Indianapolis Colts before that team got something resembling an NFL Defense?

That defense hasn't 'held serve' the entire year. I see no indications that it's going to start now.

Not for three games versus the best in the league for sure. Possible? yeah OK. Gonna happen? nuh-uh.

Back