The Best of Steeler Fans Losing Their Shit

1. It was reviewed. Same scenario. Touchdown!! Grimble is a tight end.

2. Yes.
Beat me, **** me, make me write bad checks< ( a dear gay friend of mine's favorite saying).
um no

but I have heard that saying, or one similar
That it was reviewed and Grimble is a TE does not mean it was the same scenario... which it clearly wasn't.

This really isn't hard. In the Grimble one possession was demonstrated, then the ball crossed the plane, then the ball came out. The lose of control at the end was irrelevant because the TD had already ended the play.

By contrast, James was falling so possession could not be demonstrated initially, then he crossed the plane (which means it's a TD if the catch is completed, but is irrelevant until then), and then the ball came out... which negates everything that came before since it was necessary for possession to have ever occurred. No catch, no TD, end of story.

I'd probably be frustrated too, but facts are facts. :shrug_n:
Grimble made a football move with the ball, meaning the catch was complete and at that point he became a runner and breaking the plain was all he needed to do.

Once he fumbled it was a live ball and he recovered it. IF it had gone out of the end zone Bungles ball.

um no

Grimble made a football move with the ball, meaning the catch was complete and at that point he became a runner and breaking the plain was all he needed to do.

Once he fumbled it was a live ball and he recovered it. IF it had gone out of the end zone Bungles ball.

FWIW, "football move" is no long part of the rule.

um no

Once he's a runner and breaks the plane the play is over, so he'd have had to have fumbled it before he broke the plane, like Sefarian-Jenkins did in the JETE game.

Once he's a runner and breaks the plane the play is over, so he'd have had to have fumbled it before he broke the plane, like Sefarian-Jenkins did in the JETE game.
dammit yes

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

FWIW, "football move" is no long part of the rule.
dammit yes..... but he did complete the catch in taking two steps with control of the ball

dammit yes..... but he did complete the catch in taking two steps with control of the ball

Exactly.

A player who makes a catch may advance the ball. A forward pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:

1. secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and
  2. touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and
  3. maintains control of the ball after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, until he has the ball long enough to clearly become a runner. A player has the ball long enough to become a runner when, after his second foot is on the ground, he is capable of avoiding or warding off impending contact of an opponent, tucking the ball away, turning up field, or taking additional steps
https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules...eting-a-catch/

I know I said I was done with this.
But I have to say one last thing.
Nothing I saw in that game gives me the heeby jeeby's should we meet again.

Win your next 2 games.

Preferably w/o refs (New Yorks) help. :D

You've been saying that for at least 2 years now and it's not exactly worked out for you. But props for being an optimist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mighty Pats arent that mighty this year...

Patriots 27
Steelers 24
F

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

I'm thinking the TE is considered a runner in this scenario. Might be why it wasn't reviewed.

Regarding the OPI flag that Patriot fans wanted on the Schuster big gain, the pick took place exactly one yard off the LOS. I have no problem with it.

The rule on the no catch was interpreted and carried out consistently, IMO. Steeler fans should be more upset that they had two more downs from the 10 yard line to score three points and came up empty. Focus on the "no catch" call all you want. Kick a freaking FG and go into OT.

I completely understand AOT's demeanor right now. The fact that he is still here speaks volumes as to his character. He (like all Steeler fans) wants a rematch. Here's hoping it happens.

Why? I'd much rather face a team that actually has a chance to win. :coffee:

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

I love how he continues to just look past the Jags despite getting waxed 30-9.

5 INTs, too. :coffee:

Hey guys. The problem was I heard that Mike Tomlin and the steelers had this game circled since March. Along with always looking at the patriots as the team to beat. NE probably looked at Denver like that in 2014 and demolished them 43- to something. But losing like that. It's a mental thing now. We can't beat them mentality. As much as I read on that steelers forum saying they want a rematch. Some reasonable fans have it right. No the **** they don't want a rematch. If I was a fan of steelers I would wish the Ravens take us out. The only team that done it before. Denver ain't there. And the jets ain't there. Hoping for Jacksonville to do it is lmao insane.

Hey guys. The problem was I heard that Mike Tomlin and the steelers had this game circled since March. Along with always looking at the patriots as the team to beat. NE probably looked at Denver like that in 2014 and demolished them 43- to something. But losing like that. It's a mental thing now. We can't beat them mentality. As much as I read on that steelers forum saying they want a rematch. Some reasonable fans have it right. No the **** they don't want a rematch. If I was a fan of steelers I would wish the Ravens take us out. The only team that done it before. Denver ain't there. And the jets ain't there. Hoping for Jacksonville to do it is lmao insane.

The Patriots went into Pittsburgh on a short week, on their third straight road game - and won.

If Pittsburgh can't win that game, when they have absolutely every possible built-in advantage, they're not beating New England.

The Patriots went into Pittsburgh on a short week, on their third straight road game - and won.

If Pittsburgh can't win that game, when they have absolutely every possible built-in advantage, they're not beating New England.

And also a 24-16 lead with just minutes left. A more than 10 minute difference in TOP. As Troy Brown said, that was probably the best chance the Steelers will ever have of beating NE.

Back