The Browns have been playing possum

ParanoidPatriot

Big member
Reaction score
That's right. They have been lying in wait for the return of Brady to break out and put a major hurt on their former coach BB. (OK, he really wasn't their former coach. he was the Browns former coach before they became the Ravens, but just go along with it)

I think they are setting a trap for the Patriots. So this is a classic trap game. Look what they have recently done to the Patriots when they played them at their home field when the Patriots were big favorites..

What else can be said other than- we're doomed.

https://youtu.be/QoQZ0qmf-mk

All our hopes were with JG. Now that he is teh amputee, we are royally screwed. JB is useless. Let's count up how many passes in a game TB has thrown to the skill players this year.

Amendola=0
Edelman=0
Hogan=0
Mitchell=0
Gronk=0
Bennett=0
Blount=0
Bolden=0

Let's see...carry the 1...ZERO. TB has not completed a single pass this year. That Bills douche last week destroyed the karma thread. The karma Gods, unaware that it was a Bills fan, smited us big time. They are not quick to forgive, so expect more of the same. Has TB ever covered a double-digit spread? Usually he lays an egg in games like that. Classic trap game for fully armed and operational team, but with brittle Gronk and TB unable to drop back because of sunburn on he ass and the aforementioned not completing a pass all year, we have no chance here.

Stop. You're going to beat them by 30.

Jeez, are you thinking Brady will come back in perfect chemistry and rhythm?

I'm not expecting that Tom Brady quite yet.

Not to mention that the Browns have been in every game they've played.

Jeez, are you thinking Brady will come back in perfect chemistry and rhythm?

I'm not expecting that Tom Brady quite yet.

Not to mention that the Browns have been in every game they've played.

I was promised a reckoning.

They're 0-4.

They may have been playing with a possum.

That's a deceptive stat. They've been in every game until the last few minutes. They have the #1 run game in the league, and 6'4 Terrell Pryor catching everything in sight. Our midget CBs are less than stellar and last week looked like those great years with Wilhite and Wheatley.

The Browns have been waiting for this game, and we have an old QB who's probably lost his timing, a receiver who only has one foot, and a TE that's a gimp.

We're doomed.

Going by opening lines, highest home dogs have covered every week.

I think there will 2-3 drives where Tom looks like Tom. I think it'll be a tougher game than most think. I'd love to be wrong.

Every team has us circled and this is no different. Their coming at us with everything they have an more.

Going by opening lines, highest home dogs have covered every week.

I think there will 2-3 drives where Tom looks like Tom. I think it'll be a tougher game than most think. I'd love to be wrong.

Every team has us circled and this is no different. Their coming at us with everything they have an more.

I think the Browns will give us a lot of trouble with their running game.
I also think TB12 will show some rust in terms of timing with all the receivers. If it's bad enough early, that rust may carry through the entire game.

In the end, the Pats should win a tough game but I'm expecting a struggle and will be delighted if it turns out otherwise. That depends entirely on the depth of Brady's rust in my mind.

From Reiss

1. Tom Brady returns after serving a four-game suspension. As of Sunday, it will be 630 days since the 2014 AFC Championship Game, from which the Deflategate allegations stemmed. Brady has won 172 career regular-season games since becoming the Patriots' starting quarterback in Week 3 of 2001, while the Browns have won 175 games over the last 29 seasons played between 1985 and 2016 (Browns were out of the NFL in 1996-98). That doesn't include Brady's 22 career playoffs wins.
3. Rob Gronkowski has just one reception on 15 routes run (6.7 percent) this season. In his first six seasons, Gronkowski got a reception on 17 percent of his routes run. Overall, Gronkowski has 66 career touchdowns, which is two shy of Stanley Morgan (67 offensive, 1 punt) for the most in Patriots history.
4. The Patriots have yet to throw an interception in the first four games on 114 attempts, one of four teams without a pick this year. The Patriots have never gone the first five games of a season without throwing an interception.
5. Will the Patriots' offensive approach trend away from the running game with Brady back? Through four games, the club is using a designed run on 48 percent of its plays, the second-highest rate in the NFL behind the Cowboys (49 percent). By comparison, the Patriots ranked 25th in that department last year at 35 percent. Brady's return is expected to have the Patriots trending more toward the pass, but how much remains to be seen.
6. The Browns have held a lead in the second half of three games this season, but have lost them all. They are tied with Chargers for the most losses of that kind this season.
<article class="ad-300"></article>7. Brady is 5-0 in his career when facing an 0-4 team or worse. He’s thrown 19 passing touchdowns with just three interceptions while the Patriots have won by an average of 25.8 points per game. In two of those games, Brady threw six passing touchdowns each.
8. Browns running back Isaiah Crowell ranks second in the NFL with 394 rushing yards [2nd to Blount], the most by a Browns player through four team games since Jim Brown had 476 to start the 1965 season.
9. Brady has completed 59.4 percent of his passes against the Browns in his career (over six games), his second-worst against any opponent (58.3 vs Ravens). Brady has completed only 53.6 percent of his passes in two career games in Cleveland.
10. After a quarter of the season, the Patriots are 3-1, and history tells us they will keep up the pace. Since 2001, the Patriots are 139-41 in the final 12 games of a season, by far the best record in the NFL, 16 more wins than the next-highest team (Steelers).
http://www.espn.com/blog/new-englan...rady-vs-the-browns-a-contrast-in-winning-ways

That's right. They have been lying in wait for the return of Brady to break out and put a major hurt on their former coach BB. (OK, he really wasn't their former coach. he was the Browns former coach before they became the Ravens, but just go along with it)

I think they are setting a trap for the Patriots. So this is a classic trap game. Look what they have recently done to the Patriots when they played them at their home field when the Patriots were big favorites..

What else can be said other than- we're doomed.

https://youtu.be/QoQZ0qmf-mk

I was sure you were right about this possum thing. But Martellus vacated the curse by trumping it with the Ace of Possums.. Did you see him when he went down? He looked dead. Motionless. We all were shocked. Stunned. Cursing the Gods.

Until Possum Bennett snuck back out on the field unnoticed and scored three TDs and broke the Browns will.

A thing of beauty.

Cheers

Back