The dynasty is truly over

I do hear your pork sausage with delicious white sauce is especially tasty.
suck my dick GIF

You see, this is what we’re in for folks.

The Red Sox and MLB has nothing to do with the Patriots or the NFL.
There is no comparison in any way, none whatsoever. It rotten apples being compare to oranges
Other than that, I have no strong views on the subject.

Last edited:
Have to post this here! :rofl:

Three huge parts of the dynasty and two of those players, Jules and Gronk, were players the rest of the league had no interest in...Bill thought otherwise. For all the talk of Bill being a defensive guy only, there are the Gronks, the Jules', the James Whites, the Develins, getting Randy Moss here and of course, selecting Tom Brady....

Three huge parts of the dynasty and two of those players, Jules and Gronk, were players the rest of the league had no interest in...Bill thought otherwise. For all the talk of Bill being a defensive guy only, there are the Gronks, the Jules', the James Whites, the Develins, getting Randy Moss here and of course, selecting Tom Brady....

That looks incredibly gay, but there’s nothing wrong with that

And that isn't news to anyone. A lot of people would say it was over when Brady left, and that would be valid, but that is not the point of this thread. Belichick built the team that allowed Brady to be successful. Belichick built the organization to allow the whole team to be successful.

I don't really care how much you want to credit to Belichick and how much to Brady, I think most would agree though that neither would have been as successful without the other. (except for maybe one poster here, and I swear, I will yank you from this thread if you make it an argument about Brady. Don't even say his name).

Players leave. HOF players leave. Montana was a Chief. Favre was a Jet and a Viking. The list goes on.

But when you have the best coach in NFL history, who was the man who built the teams that brought you 6 Superbowl wins after never having any, you don't just kick him out the door like that. Yeah, you could mention Landry with the Cowboys. But I think after all that Belichick did, he deserved a longer grace period than he was given. Fix the personnel issues, sure, but let the GOAT coach finish his career as he would like. He deserves that much. I didn't buy for a minute that he wanted to leave. The whole thing seems rather disgraceful to me, especially after watching that bullshit press conference with Mayo.

Anyway, back to the title of this thread. Belichick gave the Pats a chance to win. As long as we had him, we felt we were different from any other franchise and had an advantage. It didn't always work, but it was there, winning the Pats more games than they might have otherwise. And that is now gone, forever, closing the door. It is very sad.

We have no idea what we have with Mayo except someone unproven. Who the fuck knows what the team will be, but now....the Patriots just feel like every other middling franchise, and it is not very enticing.
I don't like the direction, almost feels like Kraft feels the need to make reparations. I'm going to hate Mayo's politics, hopefully he keeps that shit to himself and just coaches the team...but I've got a bad feeling that isn't going to be the case.

I would LOVE to see BFB go to the Bills at this point and absolutely school Mayo twice a year for a couple seasons until he hangs it up.

The argument over Bill vs Tom is the most useless argument in football history.

Without Tom there is no Bill, without Bill there is no Tom.

The alchemy required both of the key ingredients.
I disagree with that. Brady is just one of those cats that's wired differently than everybody else, telling him he can't do something only drives him harder.

...let's say this...without Mo Lewis there is no TFB OR BFB...

89% of the cap is 200 million. And Bob has a giant TV screen to pay for, not to mention a lump sum for the guy he just fired. :coffee:

He's sure to bring that up sometime as the losses are mounting as his reason for not signing higher signing bonus players.

And don't forget Wes Welker.

And don't forget Wes Welker.
...they won how many rings with him...?

This fanbase will forever look at things in terms of chips, which is a very rare privilege

That's what the Krafts said. BB ran everything through them after the 2020 season.
Not sure where you're getting this from but this has not been confirmed.

Was it the collaboration that prevented BB from trading Mac and signing Mayfield?
Unconfirmed report that the Krafts denied.

Yes, again. Only this time it was RKK and Jonathan who prevented the trade and then after '22 asked BB to hire BOB for '23 to see what he could do with Mac.
Krafts did not prevent any trade. In fact, during the trade deadline Krafts ok'ed a trade and Bill did nothing.

Thank God they insisted on hiring a "real" OC instead of keeping Fat Matt. Bill decided who would be interviewed and conducted a sham search to sign his friend BoB. Bill decided it, just like he decides everything. Bill said it himself, "somebody needed to make the final decision."

Was it the collaboration that made the Pats have the lowest cash spending in the league for the last 4 years?
Agree on this, but they were #1 in '21 and 2 years later went 4-13.

No. That was the Krafts. BB made mention of that over 2 years ago. The Krafts denied it but studies have shown it's true. They lied.
It wasn't true 2 years ago since they were #1 in spending with an NFL record. Bill walked those comments back also.

I get that people are emotional, but there's no need to re-write history. Bill had 100% control of footbal operations. That's a fact. Trying to blame the Krafts is dishonest and lazy.

Honestly, Bill Belichick earned the right to stay as long as he wanted. It’s a facking disgrace he got pushed out of the job.
I get that being a Belichick fan that's an emotional position to take but that's not the way football teams operate. It's a performance based business. Belichick failed to perform.

Back