The dynasty is truly over

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
And that isn't news to anyone. A lot of people would say it was over when Brady left, and that would be valid, but that is not the point of this thread. Belichick built the team that allowed Brady to be successful. Belichick built the organization to allow the whole team to be successful.

I don't really care how much you want to credit to Belichick and how much to Brady, I think most would agree though that neither would have been as successful without the other. (except for maybe one poster here, and I swear, I will yank you from this thread if you make it an argument about Brady. Don't even say his name).

Players leave. HOF players leave. Montana was a Chief. Favre was a Jet and a Viking. The list goes on.

But when you have the best coach in NFL history, who was the man who built the teams that brought you 6 Superbowl wins after never having any, you don't just kick him out the door like that. Yeah, you could mention Landry with the Cowboys. But I think after all that Belichick did, he deserved a longer grace period than he was given. Fix the personnel issues, sure, but let the GOAT coach finish his career as he would like. He deserves that much. I didn't buy for a minute that he wanted to leave. The whole thing seems rather disgraceful to me, especially after watching that bullshit press conference with Mayo.

Anyway, back to the title of this thread. Belichick gave the Pats a chance to win. As long as we had him, we felt we were different from any other franchise and had an advantage. It didn't always work, but it was there, winning the Pats more games than they might have otherwise. And that is now gone, forever, closing the door. It is very sad.

We have no idea what we have with Mayo except someone unproven. Who the fuck knows what the team will be, but now....the Patriots just feel like every other middling franchise, and it is not very enticing.

And that isn't news to anyone. A lot of people would say it was over when Brady left, and that would be valid, but that is not the point of this thread. Belichick built the team that allowed Brady to be successful. Belichick built the organization to allow the whole team to be successful.

I don't really care how much you want to credit to Belichick and how much to Brady, I think most would agree though that neither would have been as successful without the other. (except for maybe one poster here, and I swear, I will yank you from this thread if you make it an argument about Brady. Don't even say his name).

Players leave. HOF players leave. Montana was a Chief. Favre was a Jet and a Viking. The list goes on.

But when you have the best coach in NFL history, who was the man who built the teams that brought you 6 Superbowl wins after never having any, you don't just kick him out the door like that. Yeah, you could mention Landry with the Cowboys. But I think after all that Belichick did, he deserved a longer grace period than he was given. Fix the personnel issues, sure, but let the GOAT coach finish his career as he would like. He deserves that much. I didn't buy for a minute that he wanted to leave. The whole thing seems rather disgraceful to me, especially after watching that bullshit press conference with Mayo.

Anyway, back to the title of this thread. Belichick gave the Pats a chance to win. As long as we had him, we felt we were different from any other franchise and had an advantage. It didn't always work, but it was there, winning the Pats more games than they might have otherwise. And that is now gone, forever, closing the door. It is very sad.

We have no idea what we have with Mayo except someone unproven. Who the fuck knows what the team will be, but now....the Patriots just feel like every other middling franchise, and it is not very enticing.
You wrote how I been feeling but did not know how or wanted to perhaps put it into words.

He deserved better. Period.

P.S. I have my kicking out of thread boot on just in case

Well said UT. BB set the foundation and built up this edifice. He set the culture and established the philosophy, and it all worked. Players who were smart, hard-working and mentally tough thrived here, and Bill went after those players. Bill's incredibly calm coaching during games and players who bought into his coaching and did the work gave the Patriots a real edge in critical game situations like the Butler INT, for one.

It's all gone now. I'm still not too down, we had an incredible 20 years and I can take that to my death bed knowing it will never be repeated.

👍👍👍👍👍

iu

The good old days are gone but we got a front row seat to watch the GOAT HC and the GOAT QB produce the greatest run of wins the NFL has ever seen.

I'm disheartened by Jonathan's behavior in this awkward ending. I can't imagine an owner behaving as he has to instigate the breakup.

Yeah but what's his record without... :suicide:

Nah, this was a huuuge mistake by the Krafts and now Jonathan finally gets to play with the toy RKK has given him and it won't go well. Belichick hasn't "lost it" and he'll prove it with Atlanta.

The good old days are gone but we got a front row seat to watch the GOAT HC and the GOAT QB produce the greatest run of wins the NFL has ever seen.

I'm disheartened by Jonathan's behavior in this awkward ending. I can't imagine an owner behaving as he has to instigate the breakup.
Can't you though? Haven't we seen this for the last 20 years a few miles up the road? Belichick deserved to be fired - I've said as much throughout the season multiple times. Kicking him on his way out was Red Sox shit. Not appearing to have an actual plan in place other than who the next coach is, is a special kind of dumb.

My kids are in their mid 20s and have never known another coach. He built teams by recycling players other teams cast off, put everyone in position to succeed, and repeated the formula time after time, adjusting concepts to team strengths and disguising weaknesses. I can't imagine another coach coming close to replicating BB accomplishments. And neither can my kiddos. As Chevs said above, we have been amazingly lucky and blessed to have had a front row seat to this 20 year dynasty. A tip of the cap to the greatest coach ever.:toast:

yes we did (y)

FYP :)
I'm disheartened by Jonathan's Combustible Jon's©®™[Shank] behavior in this awkward ending. I can't imagine an owner behaving as has throughout the breakup.

I never expected the Patriots to win a single championship, let alone six.

I thought they would always be a middle of the road franchise with some good years (think vintage Steve Grogan) and some bad years (Dick McPherson era).

So the Belichick:Brady dynasty is over - it doesn't mean there won't be another one; some franchises have multiple dynasties (e.g. Yankees).

No one stays on the mountaintop forever, and it's only those sojourns in the valleys that make scaling the heights so exhilarating.

oprah winfrey GIF by Golden Globes

Kraft has the right to hire and fire whomever he chooses. but it shows a lot about who he and jonathan REALLY are to handle it how they have. i 🙄 at how kraft capitulated in cameragate and ballghazi. but my regard for him and his son are now negative peaks on a graph.

Last weekend I saw a Bills fan on TV holding a sign that read "just one in my lifetime".
Well, that was me and I sure I other Patriots faithful fans before 2001. Instead we got the greatest dynasty in pro football history. A dynasty that will never be duplicated given the salary cap and free agency.
Tom seemed to go out on his own terms. Bill wasn't given that chance. Do I resent Bob Kraft for that? I can't. He saved the franchise from being moved. Anyone remember the Sullivans, Kiam, and the Budwieiser guy and that joke the Patriots were under those clowns?
The dynasty is over. But it's better to have a dynasty that is over than never to have a dynasty at all.

The dynasty was over when Brady left in 2019. The Pats record the last 4 years is an abysmal 28-38 with zero playoff wins and the two worst seasons being posted back to back 2022-2023. If you want to feel sentimental about Bill leaving, have at it. But the results have been horrific with us being a joke of a team this year with the worst offense since 1992.

Onwards and Upwards. Bring on the Mayo era and let's roll with the #3 overall pick ... !
Jesus, Mazz......:shake:

Back