The Dynasty

some pundits,fans etc. canonize tb for being such a great guy and despise bb for being a hardass and driving players away, not relating to them,etc. what they forget is that tb was as demanding of his teammates and as much of a hardass at times. he would just say nice things in the media while bb would say jack shit. think about all those times we watched tb berating receivers etc. he doesn't get the scorn bb does because of how he was to the media.

I agree with the difference between how TB and BB were treated and why, but want to comment
a little on Bill.

Even if I accept the narrative that Bill was a "hardass", I feel like that whole narrative was not being driven by his players, who
are the only people whose opinions should be relevant. I mean......how many players hated playing for him? The correct
answer is a small fraction and most of them are mental midgets like Assante Samuel. The one percenters.

This is a classic hatchet job by the media to get rid of the guy who wouldn't play their game, wouldn't kiss their ass. They
were completely stymied by him for over 20 years and decided to attack the weakest spot they could and focused on
convincing the Krafts that the brand was being ruined by Bill the Cheater. Bill the GOAT killer. Bill the merciless who destroyed '
that fine, young man Mac Jones for no reason.

That strategy eventually worked, once we stopped winning, and with Bill out of the way they are now quickly descending on the new regime like a pack of
starving wolves exploiting every sentence spoken for clicks to get the attention back on the journos, just like it always should have been. They are just
now starting to divide the organization, so they can helpfully point out to us how divided everything is now.

One thing we will surely end up noticing about the end of Belichick here is that he kept the public messaging very, very
clear and basic during his regime for a reason. Sure, it could be dull and repetitive, but he knew exactly what would happen if he was inclined to
be their best buddy whose heart was an open book. They would disembowel him using his own words and then dance on his shallow grave.

Time will tell how it all plays out with Jerod, but he better wise up quick.

I agree with the difference between how TB and BB were treated and why, but want to comment
a little on Bill.

Even if I accept the narrative that Bill was a "hardass", I feel like that whole narrative was not being driven by his players, who
are the only people whose opinions should be relevant. I mean......how many players hated playing for him? The correct
answer is a small fraction and most of them are mental midgets like Assante Samuel. The one percenters.

This is a classic hatchet job by the media to get rid of the guy who wouldn't play their game, wouldn't kiss their ass. They
were completely stymied by him for over 20 years and decided to attack the weakest spot they could and focused on
convincing the Krafts that the brand was being ruined by Bill the Cheater. Bill the GOAT killer. Bill the merciless who destroyed '
that fine, young man Mac Jones for no reason.

That strategy eventually worked, once we stopped winning, and with Bill out of the way they are now quickly descending on the new regime like a pack of
starving wolves exploiting every sentence spoken for clicks to get the attention back on the journos, just like it always should have been. They are just
now starting to divide the organization, so they can helpfully point out to us how divided everything is now.

One thing we will surely end up noticing about the end of Belichick here is that he kept the public messaging very, very
clear and basic during his regime for a reason. Sure, it could be dull and repetitive, but he knew exactly what would happen if he was inclined to
be their best buddy whose heart was an open book. They would disembowel him using his own words and then dance on his shallow grave.

Time will tell how it all plays out with Jerod, but he better wise up quick.
Andy Reid has the exact opposite media approach and things are going just fine in KC ...

Look, Bill cannot be considered the greatest coach of all time because of the Spygate scandal.

I had to bold this because it is such a towering monument to idiocy that I can't stop
reading it over and over. Something about it makes me feel happy just the way it is.

It's pretty impressive that you managed to write something this moronic in less than 20 posts. You
likely won't have many more, but.....anyhow.... great job!

:applause:

Andy Reid has the exact opposite media approach and things are going just fine in KC ...

2 things.
I think Andy is just as demanding a coach as Bill with the players but he's definitely softer with the press.
We thought things were going just fine here until we found out differently after many SB wins.

2 things.
I think Andy is just as demanding a coach as Bill with the players but he's definitely softer with the press.
We thought things were going just fine here until we found out differently after many SB wins.
Plus, he doesn't want to get Kelce angry, we see what happens when he is angry.

Last edited:
Plus, he doesn't want to get Kelce angry, we see what happens when he is angry

Exactly but Andy brushed that shouting match off as something that happens every day in practices between him and the players.

2 things.
Bill's approach really bit him in the butt. I mean at some point you have to play the game within the game. He never ever got this. His grudges are legendary. Amendola saying the players worked for Bill but played for Brady says an awful lot about his draconian approach ...

Plus, he doesn't want to get Kelce angry, we see what happens when he is angry
Right. Bill would have benched him costing KC a SB win. :rolleyes:

Right. Bill would have benched him costing KC a SB win. :rolleyes:
Silly me for not saying this was sarcasm

And it might have been the best decision to do so.

You are on a roll today.

#GoodGrief

Silly me for not saying this was sarcasm

And it might have been the best decision to do so.

You are on a roll today.

#GoodGrief
Except we know Bill would have and it would have cost a SB win ...

Is that right?

I'll have to look into that. It sounds like such a wonderful place to be. Sigh.

Maybe this means we'll be beating the living hell out of them soon thanks to Jerod's charming personality
and loving, benevolent leadership style.

When that happens the whole league will, no doubt, be looking to get rid of the nasty stuff and let love
show us the way, just like that big, huggable grandpa Andy.

Is that right?

Maybe this means we'll be beating the living hell out of them soon thanks to Jerod's charming personality

When that happens the whole league will, no doubt, be looking to get rid of the nasty stuff and let love
You know better than anyone that there are many ways to win. None of us knows what Mayo will bring but I choose to be optimistic until he gives a reason to be otherwise.

Hey, it's Friday after all. How about some good vibing for a change? ;)

1709309314542.png

To our new resident moralist...

"any other form of electronic devices that might aid a team during the playing of a game."[18] In a September 2006 memorandum sent out by NFL Vice President of Football Operations Ray Anderson, though, all teams were told that "videotaping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent's offensive or ..."

So the league made this "illegal" in Sep 2006, unilaterally mind you but I suppose that's their process.

"Spygate" happened during the season opener in 2007. So if you want to call this "cheating" it was from Sep 2006 to Sep 2007, a 12-4 year that ended with a loss to the colts in the AFC championship game. Deduct 12 wins if you like, but give it a rest otherwise.

So please take you dumbassery elsewhere. Every Pats fan here (and elsewhere) is WAY more familiar with all the bullshit related to this matter. Clearly everything you know about this was from ESPN. Good luck with that.

BTW the following quote is from Jimmy Johnson.

After footage from the actual tape was aired on Fox NFL Sunday on September 16, former Dallas Cowboys head coach Jimmy Johnson claimed, "This is exactly how I was told to do it 18 years ago by a Kansas City Chiefs scout. I tried it, but I didn't think it helped us." Johnson also said, "Bill Belichick was wrong because he videotaped signals after a memo was sent out to all of the teams saying not to do it. But what irritates me is hearing some reactions from players and coaches. These players don't know what their coaches are doing. And some of the coaches have selective amnesia because I know for a fact there were various teams doing this. That's why the memo was sent to everybody. That doesn't make [Belichick] right, but a lot of teams are doing this."[26]

Is that right?

So wonderful that KC is right down in the basement in those player's ratings along with the Patriots...

Episode 6 made Bill look even worse than episode 4 did.

If you haven't noticed or read any posts in this thread other than your own, that's the whole point of this P.O.S. It's only going to get worse.

I wonder how much time they'll spend talking about Krafty's hand job.

Here we go with the assumptions.

We don't know buckus on this.

Odd probably but stranger things has happen on any given Sunday.

It never would have happened under Bill. If Bill had drafted and coached him, Kelce wouldn't dare shove him on the sideline.

I'm not saying Andy is wrong with his approach. It's obviously working. But it's a non-issues, as it would never happen.

Back