The Golf thread

Scottie has won 4 of the last 5 tournaments. Included are the Arnold Palmer, the Players, the Masters, and now the Heritage.
These were all big money tournaments. How would you like to be his caddie. Has probably put 1.5 million in his pocket.

I wonder where his caddie would be on the PLAYER money list?:ROFLMAO:

They just announced our big golf tournament/beer drinking extravaganza for June 1-2. I guess I should probably get out and actually swing my clubs now.

They just announced our big golf tournament/beer drinking extravaganza for June 1-2. I guess I should probably get out and actually swing my clubs now.

forget them clubs --- if you start binge-drinkin' TODAY --- gettin' in toated-up shape instead, you might maybe just have a shot at winnin' that damn thing :)

I wonder where his caddie would be on the PLAYER money list?:ROFLMAO:

Just learned the answer.

A caddie makes (typically) 10% for a win, 7% for a top ten or 5% for making the cut.

Using those numbers, Scottie's caddy Scott would rank 45th on the PGA money list finishing
just in front of Rory McIlroy.

Scheffler is having an epic run. I'd try to copy his swing, but I'd probably fall over sideways.

There's a reason why I didn't mention the drinking part. I'm already there. :ROFLMAO:
drunk-golf.gif

Speaking of drinking and golfing.....

The best I have ever played was when I was in a tournament at Bradford Country Club which was a benefit for a fellow Verizon guy who had been tragically
paralyzed in a car accident. He had little kids and everything. It was awful. Anyhow, it was a long drive with my partners from Foxboro to almost the NH border and these
guys had made up a cooler containing a disgusting blend of tanqueray and gatorade. It picked you up and knocked you down all at the same time. I felt the siren song of peer
pressure, drank my share and showed up to the course trashed like a pirate. We all were.

It was a beautiful fall day and the course was extremely hilly and challenging, but from the first horn I was relaxed and in control despite the booze and a steady stream of
maintenance beers. I hardly hit any bad shots and when I did one of the other guys bailed us out. Bob Montgomery, the old Red Sox Catcher and TV guy, was there
doing a challenge on a par 3 to get inside his shot for a raffle ticket and he was close, but I got him. I ended up winning the drawing for a Cleveland lob wedge which I never
could hit but still own. So, we're at 9 under approaching the final hole which was a short, but tricky, downhill par 4 at about 245 (normally longer but they were working
on it or something). There was a backup near the tee box with drunken Verizon people hanging out and my crew started mocking me "C'mon! Do something for a change,
we're getting tired of carrying you!! and so forth and some of the bystanders chimed in. It had been explained to them that I was having quite a day. I stepped in and acted
like I didn't hear a thing and hit, by a wide margin, the best 5 wood of my life, which landed soft and stuck 4 feet from the cup and they all exploded and I'm telling you that felt pretty good. It seemed, for the first time, that competence at golf was actually possible. I tapped in the putt for a natural eagle and we went to 11 under, which turned out to be one stroke better than any other team. I've never been close to winning a tournament before or since that day and was proud to have had a lot to do with that. I couldn't believe it. We donated the cash we won back to the family and got our picture in the local paper.

That encouraged me to experiment with getting hammered to try to recapture the flow I felt that day, but it never worked out worth a damn. Turns out the
whole day was just a fluke. Oh, well. Now, I'll have a few beers now and then, but generally just try to stay bright-eyed and my game seems to be better
off. However, after 18 holes on a warm day nothing tastes any better than a fine, cold craft brew on tap.

I think I'm going to take a pass on my workout and go play 9 holes after work instead. I can hardly wait to see how this is going to go.

Just watch Granddaughter compete in her first match on her HS team. She did great very nervous though she won her match.

~Dee~

Just watch Granddaughter compete in her first match on her HS team. She did great very nervous though she won her match.

~Dee~

Awesome.

HS golf here tends to be team total score rather than match. I wish it was match.

Awesome.

HS golf here tends to be team total score rather than match. I wish it was match.
It is here as well but your points are doled out by match wins… so she won her match which meant she added a point lol. The team did end up winning by 2 points.

My eldest played football and golf in HS he ended up going airforce and ended up in Vegas and went on to be an assistant golf pro after his air-force stint …. Now he works for the family business lol.

~Dee~

I think I'm going to take a pass on my workout and go play 9 holes after work instead. I can hardly wait to see how this is going to go.
The first 9 of the season was a mixed bag. 31 over the first 4 holes and 27 over the last 5 for a 58. I managed to par on 8 and left a couple other par putts short due to the aerated greens. Overall I started out really frustrated but was happy by the end.

It is here as well but your points are doled out by match wins… so she won her match which meant she added a point lol. The team did end up winning by 2 points.

My eldest played football and golf in HS he ended up going airforce and ended up in Vegas and went on to be an assistant golf pro after his air-force stint …. Now he works for the family business lol.

~Dee~
Here they use total stokes per team.

Here they use total stokes per team.
Honestly I have no idea what the team in my town does anymore …. She’s in a different town and conference based on school size…. I agree total strokes would suck lol.

I cant remember what the rules were back when my eldest played he’s pushing 44 ugh where did the time go lol.

I’m just excited she has found her niche …she’s my cancer survivor she’s come a very long way.

~Dee~

Honestly I have no idea what the team in my town does anymore …. She’s in a different town and conference based on school size…. I agree total strokes would suck lol.

I cant remember what the rules were back when my eldest played he’s pushing 44 ugh where did the time go lol.

I’m just excited she has found her niche …she’s my cancer survivor she’s come a very long way.

~Dee~

Yes, yes she has!

Back