The Golf thread

Just played at Stowe Acres and shot a 77! First round of the season, too.
If I play that well once or twice more this summer, that’ll be fine.
Trying to wreck your handicap???

Cheers, :toast:

I've never been a Tiger Woods fan, but he showed some character this week.

His body is broken and he can't compete with the best players anymore, but rather than withdrawing after a horrible third round, he gutted it out on Sunday and finished last overall of the people that made the cut.

I respect a performance like that just as much as watching someone at the top of their game showing their amazing skills.

Scottie just ran away with it at the end. Was impressed with 24 year old Aberg in his first Masters. Maybe he was too young to feel the pressure. Be interested how he does going forward.
Glad that no LIV player even had a chance yesterday.

Scottie just ran away with it at the end. Was impressed with 24 year old Aberg in his first Masters. Maybe he was too young to feel the pressure. Be interested how he does going forward.
Also his first major appearance.

Golf is funny… Aberg might be strong all year or a flash in the pan
my guy Hovland looked dominate at the end of last year winning Fedex cup, now he can’t figure out his swing
Hogjaard [however you spell it] was for a brief moment atop the leaderboard Saturday, then gagged his way to i believe a +2 or so finish

Last edited:
I don't think I have ever really watched a golf event as closely as I did on Sunday. I had never heard of Aberg (most probably hadn't) but I was immediately impressed with him. I heard a story where they said that he told them that he is incredibly nervous the whole time that he plays but he just does a good job of hiding it. Even when he hit into the water on a crucial moment, he just seemed to grin and shake it off. I got the feeling that Scheffler wasn't going to do anything to screw things up but I kept hoping for one little slip that would let Aberg get back in it.

I played my first 9 holes of tne season at the Outlook. Shot a 40, which for me is excellent, a little over my head. My ball striking was about as good as it gets. The consistency through all 9 holes is what amazes me.
I even missed 3 makable putts for birdies.
It's great just getting out there after tough 3 weeks of weather up here.
Next time that I play I'll to my old duffer self.

I played my first 9 holes of tne season at the Outlook. Shot a 40, which for me is excellent, a little over my head. My ball striking was about as good as it gets. The consistency through all 9 holes is what amazes me.
found a new golf hat for you this 2024 season you old duffer, you :coffee:

jjCapture.JPG

Golf is funny… Aberg might be strong all year or a flash in the pan
my guy Hovland looked dominate at the end of last year winning Fedex cup, now he can’t figure out his swing
Hogjaard [however you spell it] was for a brief moment atop the leaderboard Saturday, then gagged his way to i believe a +2 or so finish

I like him too but he won't stop messing with his own swing. He has had a new teacher every season. He needs to settle down.

I think I have another month (at least) to wait myself. The chest is healing but just knowing there are 3 plates, feet of titanium wire and 16 screws in there makes me not want to try it yet.

I did have my first couple of adult beverages this past weekend. Nothing like a massive hangover from FOUR beers! LOL. Gonna be slow.

I will stay I am liking the scores you folks are ringing up this spring!

I think I have another month (at least) to wait myself. The chest is healing but just knowing there are 3 plates, feet of titanium wire and 16 screws in there makes me not want to try it yet.

I did have my first couple of adult beverages this past weekend. Nothing like a massive hangover from FOUR beers! LOL. Gonna be slow.

I will stay I am liking the scores you folks are ringing up this spring!
Better to make sure that you are ready and not push it.
Last year I started going down to the practice putting green, then did some chipping. Tried the driving range once and could feel it, so I stopped.
Started playing 4 holes and hen built up from there.

I like him too but he won't stop messing with his own swing. He has had a new teacher every season. He needs to settle down.
I know crazy! he looked dominate in the last couple of tourneys to take the FedEx cup, and he felt he needed to change things ? 🤷

Scottie is at it again. Got home from playing 9 yesterday. Turned on the RBC Hertiage and there he is, on top of the leaderboard.
This is for a $20,000,000 purse, so it's not a minor tournament. All the best players are there. The top of the board looks like the Masters board from last week.
Looks like the only thing that can stop Scottie is his wife going into labor.

Scottie is at it again. Got home from playing 9 yesterday. Turned on the RBC Hertiage and there he is, on top of the leaderboard.
This is for a $20,000,000 purse, so it's not a minor tournament. All the best players are there. The top of the board looks like the Masters board from last week.
Looks like the only thing that can stop Scottie is his wife going into labor.

Or lightning....

Is the Heritage on TV anywhere now? I imagine the rain has moved on?

It is back on live on the Golf Channel as of 30 seconds ago.

It is back on live on the Golf Channel as of 30 seconds ago.
And now they have called off play. Will finish starting at 8AM tomorrow.
Scottie has a 5 stoke lead with 3 holes to go.
But, if his wife goes into labor tonight, he will withdraw. That will put 4 players tied for 1st. :rofl:

Scottie has won 4 of the last 5 tournaments. Included are the Arnold Palmer, the Players, the Masters, and now the Heritage.
These were all big money tournaments. How would you like to be his caddie. Has probably put 1.5 million in his pocket.

Back