The Halftime show

patswin

WTF
Political Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Figured someone had to comment on halftime show.
IT SUCKED.

Discuss.

They need to drop these hip hop and Pop acts. it doesn;t work in this format.

U2 in 2002 were outstanding and it was obviously emotional with the 9/11 tribute. Prince was fantastic, the Who were great. That's what you need, big stadium rock bands and performers.

Get ACDC in there and you'd have an outstanding show.

I usually skip it but decided to take a peek since Travis Scott was going to be in it.

Terrible show. Just uttery terrible. Zero energy from that guy Maroon 5 guy. The features were crap. The music was crap. The whole deal was an abortion.

Took the boys to the pool, went to the garage for beer then made a sandwich.

What did I miss?

Took the boys to the pool, went to the garage for beer then made a sandwich.

What did I miss?

Not a whole lot. Adam Levine decided to show the world the tattoos on his chest.

It was God awful.

When was Levine's last hit - "One more night" in 2012?

Big Boi was a blast from the '90s. He wasn't any good then either. Jmho.

Recently, I liked Katy Perry (Left Shark) and Gaga was outstanding for me.

Maroon 5, like Big Boi, is old news for me.

U2 is the gold standard. I liked John Faherty he did well. The Who, check. Lady Gaga was good too.

Super Bowl XXI was a real show stopper with Salute to Hollywood's 100th Anniversary - The World of Make Believe in Pasadena
The star studded A listers - George Burns and Mickey Rooney with Grambling State University and USC Marching Bands. Now add in some Disney characters and Southern California-area high school drill teams and dancers and you are on a magical Disney Adventure
the set list included:
"Ghost Riders in the Sky"
Theme songs from Bonanza, Indiana Jones, and Footloose
Hoedown song
"Cheek to Cheek"
"What a Feeling" (Theme from Flashdance)
"That's Entertainment"
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow"
"When You Wish Upon a Star"
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a3-BRMEiFQ4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now that is a half time show

To me, the musical highlight of all of LIII was Gladys Knight bringing it for the National Anthem.

Half time was dreadful.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

To me, the musical highlight of all of LIII was Gladys Knight bringing it for the National Anthem.

Half time was dreadful.

Great woman.

51682706_1001286483592196_758941229672038400_n.jpg

Trainwreck.

Enough already.

Give me a 15 minute dose of Metallica. They’ve got plenty of crossover hits in the catalogue to get the crowd PUMPED and would knock it outta the park.

Foo Fighters could too.

Fvck, even Bills buddy Bon Jovi could. Bill might come out at halftime with a pants tent though.

Half time was dreadful.

agreed. That was awesome.

Halftime show suggestion- Foo Fighters. They're an American institution and one of the most popular bands to ever exist. Of course, Dave Grohl drops f-bombs onstage like he has an incentive clause for it.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Trainwreck.

Enough already.

Give me a 15 minute dose of Metallica. They’ve got plenty of crossover hits in the catalogue to get the crowd PUMPED and would knock it outta the park.

Foo Fighters could too.

Fvck, even Bills buddy Bon Jovi could. Bill might come out at halftime with a pants tent though.

great minds think alike.

I think Pepsi play a big part in who gets the SB HT show, Pepsi's target audience wouldn't know who Metallica/Foo Fighters are.

So it's always going to be some bland as fuck chart act as long as they are the prime sponsor.

Back