"The IG IG/Jerry Thornton Thread"

They're physical, punishing, and tougher than a Waffle House steak on both sides of the ball.

šŸ¤£
I've been to a Waffle House a few times at 2AM and would never, ever think about ordering a steak while in a dump like that.

They're physical, punishing, and tougher than a Waffle House steak on both sides of the ball.

And..

At least until he takes off his helmet on the sidelines and you remember he looks like the kid in the Wheaties box frame his mom bought on Picture Day for dad's office shelf.

And I am not done reading the article. LOL

šŸ¤£

Pack that up and send it to Mazz bc Jerry wrote that specifically with her in mind!

Ahhh!! another win and another wonderful summary from Jerry. "And make no mistake, a humiliation it was. I know a guy who once shart himself at his job and had to run past female co-workers with his uncleanable pants in his hands (true story), and he had less reason to be embarrassed than the Falcons today"

Enjoy!

I thought it was just me...šŸ˜„

Pardon the non-sequitor: I can't ever hear or use Dean Pees name without remembering the time when he was the Pats D-coordinator, and after a bad game where he was being self-critical, the local headline read "Dean Pees Hard on Himself." Grade school must've been impossible for his entire family tree. Moving on ...

Ahhh!! another win and another wonderful summary from Jerry. "And make no mistake, a humiliation it was. I know a guy who once shart himself at his job and had to run past female co-workers with his uncleanable pants in his hands (true story), and he had less reason to be embarrassed than the Falcons today"

Enjoy!

Umm, how did he get clean pants in the process? We need to know more!

Pardon the non-sequitor: I can't ever hear or use Dean Pees name without remembering the time when he was the Pats D-coordinator, and after a bad game where he was being self-critical, the local headline read "Dean Pees Hard on Himself." Grade school must've been impossible for his entire family tree. Moving on ...
Pees Hard On Himself. Hard On. Pees. Dean Pees. Pees Hard On. Hard.

So many possibilities here...

Pees Hard on Himself is etched in my mind.

This may be as much fun as his recaps

That article/rage against Barstool was hilarious too...

People are out of their minds....

In this week's edition, one of my favorites:

"And while we're on the dual subject of turnovers and special teams, I'm painting My Cleats, My Cause to read "DON'T PUT N'KEAL HARRY ON PUNT RETURN." :ROFLMAO:

In this week's edition, one of my favorites:

"And while we're on the dual subject of turnovers and special teams, I'm painting My Cleats, My Cause to read "DON'T PUT N'KEAL HARRY ON PUNT RETURN." :ROFLMAO:

And one of Mine:

You're trying to avoid the fricking thing, not give it a Reiki massage.

Cheers

I know one thing for sure: Jerry sure loves the sight of his own written word. I needed a nap halfway through reading his analysis. I'm guessing at some point he changed his surname from Tolstoy to Thornton...

I know one thing for sure: Jerry sure loves the sight of his own written word. I needed a nap halfway through reading his analysis. I'm guessing at some point he changed his surname from Tolstoy to Thornton...
He's funny, correct and managed to make a career out of his passion. God bless him.

He's funny, correct and managed to make a career out of his passion. God bless him.
I've enjoyed Jerry's take on things and have always admired his outlook on the Patriots. In my opinion, he'd. be even more enjoyable if he'd learn to summarize a little.

I've enjoyed Jerry's take on things and have always admired his outlook on the Patriots. In my opinion, he'd. be even more enjoyable if he'd learn to summarize a little.
Typically I would agree with you, but I enjoy Jerry's verbosity. Probably because I am guilty of it myself although in a far less entertaining way.

He writes in the tradition of vintage Bill Simmons and, to a lesser extent, TMQ. Overexplaining and going off on wandering tangents for comedic effect. While there is sometimes good analysis in there, it's much more comedy writing.

Ever heard Norm McDonald's "moth joke"?

He writes in the tradition of vintage Bill Simmons and, to a lesser extent, TMQ. Overexplaining and going off on wandering tangents for comedic effect. While there is sometimes good analysis in there, it's much more comedy writing.

Ever heard Norm McDonald's "moth joke"?
I'll correct myself so I can stand corrected rather than sitting here like a dope:
That particular article, at least, was was more analysis-heavy than I usually think of Jerry's stuff. And come to think of it, that has been a trend.

I'll correct myself so I can stand corrected rather than sitting here like a dope:
That particular article, at least, was was more analysis-heavy than I usually think of Jerry's stuff. And come to think of it, that has been a trend.

He has studied up on X's and O's so he could touch all the bases, and I think he's become quite good at it, but it's
not his strong suit. I told him that his most unique trait is his humor and ability to come up with killer one-liners, but he follows
his own path and that has served him well.

And, yes, I've heard the moth joke. I might mention that to Jerry who is a huge fan of Norm and he'd get the reference.

Back