The intriguing Belichick flaw, His own relationship with his players

Spinal Tap said:
Why are you guys even wasting the shelf life of your keyboard on this "gaylord" character???

If you ignore him, maybe he'll just find that rock and crawl back under it.

A cat always plays with the mouse before devouring it.

gaylord said:
Perhaps you're right- Belichick may also suffer from an inability to handle some agents well. Buffalo was lucky enough recently to see Tom Donahoe handle the reputed "difficult" Drew Rosenhaus pretty well in signing Willis McGahee.

Are you sure you want to bring up that situation in a conversation about player relations? In signing McGahee, Donahoe has effectively alienated his other star RB who is now demanding a trade.

Yeah, Donahoe handled that player relationship brilliantly. :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The intriguing Belichick flaw, His own relationship with his players

bideau said:
Actually, that would be 6 states. Apparently, geography wasn't taught in your school. The actual population of the region is approximately 13.4 million. The New England market is considered the 6th largest in the US. And your point is???

if you can't see the point, then you are pretty dumb....

StarKleck said:
Are you sure you want to bring up that situation in a conversation about player relations? In signing McGahee, Donahoe has effectively alienated his other star RB who is now demanding a trade.

Yeah, Donahoe handled that player relationship brilliantly. :rolleyes:

I won't hold your ignorance on the difference between the two against you since you don't watch Buffalo every Sunday, or any other team, for that matter. In fact your posts to a large degree suggest you don't watch the Pats every Sunday either.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The intriguing Belichick flaw, His own relationship with his players

pookie said:
Oh ya.... that Donahoe is a real frickin' genius. That's why half the fans and media are calling for his head. His slick work in getting Bledsoe and Milloy over there have really paid dividends.

McGahee seems to be panning out, but hey even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

I think it's clear that you are being exposed in this thread alone as a complete fool and flat out liar.

I'll gladly take you up on the honesty issue you brought up: Show me a single piece of evidence that suggests "half the fans and media are calling for his (Tom Donahoe's) head". If you're unable to provide this evidence, which of course you will be unable to, you will prove yourself to be no more than the term you brought into the conversation- a "liar".

And by the way- how much does it cost to build one of those Glass Houses these days?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The intriguing Belichick flaw, His own relationship with his pla

gaylord said:
I'll gladly take you up on the honesty issue you brought up: Show me a single piece of evidence that suggests "half the fans and media are calling for his (Tom Donahoe's) head". If you're unable to provide this evidence, which of course you will be unable to, you will prove yourself to be no more than the term you brought into the conversation- a "liar".

And by the way- how much does it cost to build one of those Glass Houses these days?

So i guess you never visit the bills MB. If you did you would not question the amount of bills fans asking for Dohahoe's head.

unfortunately for you ignorance is not bliss.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The intriguing Belichick flaw, His own relationship with his pla

gaylord said:

Ever been to the Buffalo Bills official board about 5 games into any given season Kurt?

Carry on.

And how many times did the Patriots sell out before they drafted Bledsoe? :archive:

gaylord said:
And how many times did the Patriots sell out before they drafted Bledsoe? :archive:

What will you do when the Bills no longer have him? Will you follow him to his new team?

gaylord said:
I won't hold your ignorance on the difference between the two against you since you don't watch Buffalo every Sunday, or any other team, for that matter. In fact your posts to a large degree suggest you don't watch the Pats every Sunday either.

Translation: I am trapped in a contradiction and lack the courage of my convictions so I'll resort to personal attacks instead.

Hey Patsy Fans,
I have lived in Boston for 20 years and let's face it, you know as well as anyone this is NOT a football area. It is one of the largest and most affluent markets in the nation so it should sell out a stadium. Before Parcells arrived it was a joke. I went to several games in that old dump and let me tell ya, it wasn't pretty. You have a new stadium. Congrats. This is your last chance to win a SB as your coaches are leaving for other opportunites, Law will be gone and your defense is aging. We will see how things around here shape when the team starts losing.
It is SO easy to back a winner. The Chiefs have sold out for decades in a tiny market without a champion. That is a football town. I will be lurking on this board next season when your team drops from grace.

Undertaker #59 said:
What will you do when the Bills no longer have him? Will you follow him to his new team?

This question just perplexes me....

If a tree falls in the woods, and there is nobody there to hear it, does it make a noise?

My math teacher tells me it doesn't.

Take my advice. Ignore this fool. You'll be better off.

Who really gives a crap what random posters on message boards think of Pats fans? Is any of that going to make any difference whatsoever on Sunday? Seems so trivial and pointless to waste time debating the quality of fanbases when the fans obviously have nothing to do with the outcome of the games. Seriously, does it really give anyone any comfort at all to believe that their fans are so much better than the fans of another team? How very petty.

gaylord said:
This question just perplexes me....

As far as I have seen, you have refused to divulge what team you are a fan of. I am making an educated guess.

gaylord said:
Hey Patsy Fans,
I have lived in Boston for 20 years and let's face it, you know as well as anyone this is NOT a football area. It is one of the largest and most affluent markets in the nation so it should sell out a stadium. Before Parcells arrived it was a joke. I went to several games in that old dump and let me tell ya, it wasn't pretty. You have a new stadium. Congrats. This is your last chance to win a SB as your coaches are leaving for other opportunites, Law will be gone and your defense is aging. We will see how things around here shape when the team starts losing.
It is SO easy to back a winner. The Chiefs have sold out for decades in a tiny market without a champion. That is a football town. I will be lurking on this board next season when your team drops from grace.

Huh?

What's your point? The Pats are going to lose Sunday because nobody attended Pats games when Dick McPherson was the head coach?

I'm confused.

spiderman said:
Huh?

What's your point? The Pats are going to lose Sunday because nobody attended Pats games when Dick McPherson was the head coach?

I'm confused.

I gave up trying to make sense of the stuff this guy is saying. I don't think he likes the Patriots.

It wasn't the coach, or Bledsoe, that stated things with the Pats fans. It was Kraft buying the team, putting in a good management team, and spending his own money. I know you hate Kraft, but this organization is considered one of the best in sports, and it starts at the top.

gaylord said:
Hey Patsy Fans,

The liar strikes again. The Chiefs do have passionate fans and it is a good football town, but to say that they have sold out for decades is a flat out lie. In the eighties, the Chiefs had several years where they averaged about 45,000 fans per game - in a stadium that holds 75,000+. Clown.

Coincidentally, their attendance rose when Schottenheimer got hired and they started winning some games.

Back