The last dance: Patriots vs the Jets 1PM 1/7/24

Because people who don't watch college football saw a couple of highlights and clips, and listened to what other BSM people who don't watch college football said about it.
I actually watch college football games. I don't watch highlight tapes.
I am not sold on either Maye or Williams right now.

Specifically, what don’t you like? And who would you rather have?
I've been crystal clear - if it's not Caleb Williams, or Marvin Harrison, you have to consider trading down. I like Odunze a lot, but not at 3, necessarily.

I don't like that he doesn't take snaps from center, huddle, pre-snap read, post-snap read. He's another read-option product with a half-decent arm. Much like the last next big thing from North Carolina. Oh, and he's not as fast, and his arm isn't as good as Trubisky's. - in the ACC, a power 5 conference in name only. So if you draft him, you not only need to fix his mechanics, his footwork is poor - but you need to teach him how to read a playbook, how to take snaps from center - Maybe he learns this stuff, but I don't want to wait 3 years for him to figure it out.

I tend to agree at this point. I just wanted to high pick for assets if needed. Thats all. Early on it was about Williams, but now...hope against hope it gets to 2 and then they can have conversations.

Fair enough, and you have an argument on Williams. His mechanics are incredible though, he's on-balance for every throw he makes, in the pocket or out of the pocket, and he takes snaps from center and does pre-snap work. A lot less things to teach to be pro-ready. But I certainly see the negative stuff about him too.

Last L of the season midas whale

we suck again GIF

I tend to agree at this point. I just wanted to high pick for assets if needed. Thats all. Early on it was about Williams, but now...hope against hope it gets to 2 and then they can have conversations.

Yeah, it seems pretty easy at this point. If you love one of the QBs, you take him. If you don't love any of them, you either take Harrison, or you find some sucker to give up a boatload of picks for that #2/#3 pick .

You should be celebrating right now. Pats now own #3 pick. It would take a miracle Commanders win. To get the #2 pick. I much rather have Harrison Jr. . See if they can trade up for Penix Jr.

I've been crystal clear - if it's not Caleb Williams, or Marvin Harrison, you have to consider trading down. I like Odunze a lot, but not at 3, necessarily.

I don't like that he doesn't take snaps from center, huddle, pre-snap read, post-snap read. He's another read-option product with a half-decent arm. Much like the last next big thing from North Carolina. Oh, and he's not as fast, and his arm isn't as good as Trubisky's. - in the ACC, a power 5 conference in name only. So if you draft him, you not only need to fix his mechanics, his footwork is poor - but you need to teach him how to read a playbook, how to take snaps from center - Maybe he learns this stuff, but I don't want to wait 3 years for him to figure it out.

RE Maye:
And how to call a play and a cadence, too! Plays were from the sideline and the cadence was claps which is also common in college these days.
There's so much for these guys to learn.

A lot of talk from media pundits are claiming Maye is Josh Allen 2.0. Saying he has the same fundamentals but definitely needs work. Can Maybe be moulded into an NFL QB? More precisely, a good one? And is Jayden Daniels, not a possibility either?

A lot of talk from media pundits are claiming Maye is Josh Allen 2.0. Saying he has the same fundamentals but definitely needs work. Can Maybe be moulded into an NFL QB? More precisely, a good one? And is Jayden Daniels, not a possibility either?
I'd say he's actually better than Josh Allen coming out. I mean, Josh Allen was terrible his first three years - so it's cool if you want to wait 3 years. I don't want to wait 3 years. In three years this defense will be long gone.

I also read those comparisons and began watching him play and definitely saw the connection. Big arm, great long ball but raw.

I love Jayden Daniels' penchant for making things happen and he's damned fun to watch. But he's another guy who is raw and may well take 2 years before
becoming game ready. I can be patient. I'll have to be no matter who our GM is.

I also read those comparisons and began watching him play and definitely saw the connection. Big arm, great long ball but raw.

I love Jayden Daniels' penchant for making things happen and he's damned fun to watch. But he's another guy who is raw and may well take 2 years before
becoming game ready. I can be patient. I'll have to be no matter who our GM is.
If this defense was giving up 30 points a game, I'd have a lot less of an issue taking Maye. Or Daniels for that matter.

I honestly have never seen a problem with his mechanics. They’re polished. The scouting profiles on him also note his mechanics as well as his arm are strengths, so I’m not sure where you’re getting that from.

As for not playing in a pro-style offense? The majority of colleges don’t run pro-style offenses anymore. Mahomes came from the Air Raid. As for the reads? That’s a fair point. He definitely has a habit of locking on to his first read and forcing the ball.

I honestly have never seen a problem with his mechanics. They’re polished. The scouting profiles on him also note his mechanics as well as his arm are strengths, so I’m not sure where you’re getting that from.

As for not playing in a pro-style offense? The majority of colleges don’t run pro-style offenses anymore. Mahomes came from the Air Raid. As for the reads? That’s a fair point. He definitely has a habit of locking on to his first read and forcing the ball.
I didn't say his arm was bad. I said it wasn't as good as Trubisky's, and it's not. His throwing mechanics are fine. His footwork is kinda dogshit, but that's easy enough to clean up - that's not my main concern.

Most colleges don't run pro-style offenses, but there are variants within the shotgun/pistol oriented offense - those teams that do have packages to go under center, and those who take knees out of shotgun. Those that have pre-snap checks and those that don't. Those that rely on post-snap reads and those that don't.

I don't think he's a bad player. I think he's a long-term project. I think it's 3 years before he starts to grow into what people see, assuming he's coached correctly. I'd rather have someone who could get to an average level in a year. The only guy I really see that possibility with is Williams. For what it's worth, I think he's a better project than Rocks For Brains Allen.

Bill is live at the presser right now, Man he really sounds ill.

With regards to the future, he says he will sit down with Robert and talk about it as they do every year.

I don't understand the media at times. Bill said in his opening statement what i wrote above and ended it with saying I have nothing more to say on this, happy to talk about the Jets game.

And yet, questions now being thrown at him about his future and what he is going to do etc.

Bill is live at the presser right now, Man he really sounds ill.

With regards to the future, he says he will sit down with Robert and talk about it as they do every year.

I don't understand the media at times. Bill said in his opening statement what i wrote above and ended it with saying I have nothing more to say on this, happy to talk about the Jets game.

And yet, questions now being thrown at him about his future and what he is going to do etc.

It makes perfect sense.

There are millions of people interested in BB's future. There is a handful of people truly interested in a re-hashing of this Patriots/Jets game.

It makes perfect sense.

There are millions of people interested in BB's future. There is a handful of people truly interested in a re-hashing of this Patriots/Jets game.
He said he wasn't going to talk about it, and that he'd meet with Kraft just like every year.
It makes zero logical sense to keep asking him about something he said he wasn't going to talk about. It makes perfect Boston Sports Media sense to keep asking him, so you can get your clip for your radio show bumper.

Back