The Man who Hacked Jeopardy

Steve-o

TACOS
Reaction score
This dude is really smart, but the key is that he's using a strategy to game the board. He is slaughtering the competition. The gist is that he jumps around the board, going after the high dollar amounts, so he can hit the double jeopardies, so that he can either roll up his cash, and/or prevent others from getting them. It's apparently become very controversial, and people are freaking out about it.

I say good for him. I hope he takes all the cash.

Jeopardy 'Villain' Arthur Chu Makes Another Appearance

Controversial Jeopardy contestant Arthur Chu and his unorthodox strategies turned up again on tonight's Jeopardy.P

Spoilers for tonight's episode of Jeopardy follow.P

How'd he do? Chu finished in first place on tonight's show, bringing his total earnings over five days to $123,600.

Some videos of him in action here:

http://kotaku.com/meet-the-man-who-hacked-jeopardy-1516792430

Never understood why more contestants don't do this. The game is mostly going to come down to if you know things or not, but wagers and picking the next board are things you can have control over, so why not use it to your advantage?

Power to the guy. If you're smart enough to figure it out, why not?

Never understood why more contestants don't do this. The game is mostly going to come down to if you know things or not, but wagers and picking the next board are things you can have control over, so why not use it to your advantage?

Exactly. I don't see the problem with it and wondered why more don't attempt a strategy similar to this as well.

Ell-oh-ell at the vitriolic twitter messages he is receiving. He isn't breaking any rules, and if the "smarter" contestants are truly smarter, they will adopt his strategy when opposing him and negate his advantage. :shrug:

There's nothing new in this strategy. Many contestants have done it in the past. The player still needs to get most of the questions correct.

I don't understand why it's only getting attention now.

jeopardy is so boring. all the questions are freaking easy. one of these days I hope they come out with a senior jeopardy when they have real hard questions to answer...:coffee:
Posted via Mobile Device

jeopardy is so boring. all the questions are freaking easy. one of these days I hope they come out with a senior jeopardy when they have real hard questions to answer...:coffee:
Posted via Mobile Device

I knew a drunk who watched it at home then would answer all the questions at the bar that night when played at a different time, it was awesome when we caught him.

There's nothing new in this strategy. Many contestants have done it in the past. The player still needs to get most of the questions correct.

I don't understand why it's only getting attention now.

Because ratings are dropping, travek is a tool and it creates a buzz

+1 or what is correct!

~Dee~

Back