The official "**** Bill Polian" thread

Yeah he stepped it up a notch they start playing crappy teams. I did not like the matchup of the Atlanta receivers or the saints either.....Manning has always had great receivers, nothing is new.
Very good points, and I hope you are correct.

What always sees to go right over the heads of people is the fact that you really don't hear BB bad-mouth people. He might be a poor loser and might mutter as he walks off the field but you don't hear him really go after anyone yet everyone calls him classless.

Just a personal anecdote. I have a relative that worked for BB at one time but had to leave for health reasons. That was several years ago. Although I can't tell you much else about the relationship because that relative doesn't discuss details, I can tell you that he still calls my relative to ask how he's doing about 3 or 4 times a year even though the relationship was fairly brief and a while ago. BB took a liking to my relative though. He's the only person that calls my relative out of the blue like that. I don't know if he puts something in his Rolodex to remind him to call but he does. He even calls during the season. BB even leaves messages telling him to call back when he gets a chance.

I'm sure others have heard about him doing stuff like this but I've never mentioned it publicly before. BB is the type of person that if my relative told people about it, he'd probably stop calling just because he didn't want people to know. I'm not saying he's an angel but I know he's not as heartless as he's portrayed to be and I know this by his actions. He's just very private and very guarded.

:***::toolroll::***:

When Colts owner Jim Irsay said that cutting Peyton Manning was a step toward building a team that could win more than one championship, it was perceived by many as a shot at Manning. But it was also perceived as a shot at Bill Polian, the man who built the Colts’ rosters during Manning’s time with the team.

Polian sounded like his feelings were hurt in an appearance on SportsCenter today in which he said he and Irsay aren’t speaking. A somewhat awkward exchange between Polian and ESPN’s Sage Steele went like this:

Steele: Have you spoken to Mr. Irsay?
Polian: I have not.
Steele: Do you plan to?
Polian: No.

When Polian was asked to expand on his thoughts about Irsay’s comments, Polian launched into a defense of his own record as the Colts’ president.

“My Lord, we won more games for 10 years than any team in the history of the league,” Polian said. “Eleven playoff appearances in 13 years so, you know, that’s the definition of winning.”

Polian also predicted that Manning “won’t like the pregame ceremony, whatever it may be” on Sunday because Manning likes to prepare for every game the same way with no distractions.

When Steele said the separation between Manning and the Colts was “amicable,” Polian disagreed.

“He wanted to stay very badly right up until the end,” Polian said of Manning. “They cut him.”

And when Steele asked Polian for his thoughts on Sunday’s game, Polian didn’t opt for the politically correct answer. Instead, he made clear that he hopes Manning goes to Indianapolis and sticks it to the Colts.

“My heart would be with the Broncos all the way,” Polian said.

Almost two years after Irsay fired him, Polian sounds like he still has hard feelings.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...aking-to-jim-irsay-and-im-rooting-for-denver/

:***::toolroll::***:

When Colts owner Jim Irsay said that cutting Peyton Manning was a step toward building a team that could win more than one championship, it was perceived by many as a shot at Manning. But it was also perceived as a shot at Bill Polian, the man who built the Colts’ rosters during Manning’s time with the team.

Polian sounded like his feelings were hurt in an appearance on SportsCenter today in which he said he and Irsay aren’t speaking. A somewhat awkward exchange between Polian and ESPN’s Sage Steele went like this:

Steele: Have you spoken to Mr. Irsay?
Polian: I have not.
Steele: Do you plan to?
Polian: No.

When Polian was asked to expand on his thoughts about Irsay’s comments, Polian launched into a defense of his own record as the Colts’ president.

“My Lord, we won more games for 10 years than any team in the history of the league,” Polian said. “Eleven playoff appearances in 13 years so, you know, that’s the definition of winning.”

Polian also predicted that Manning “won’t like the pregame ceremony, whatever it may be” on Sunday because Manning likes to prepare for every game the same way with no distractions.

When Steele said the separation between Manning and the Colts was “amicable,” Polian disagreed.

“He wanted to stay very badly right up until the end,” Polian said of Manning. “They cut him.”

And when Steele asked Polian for his thoughts on Sunday’s game, Polian didn’t opt for the politically correct answer. Instead, he made clear that he hopes Manning goes to Indianapolis and sticks it to the Colts.

“My heart would be with the Broncos all the way,” Polian said.

Almost two years after Irsay fired him, Polian sounds like he still has hard feelings.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...aking-to-jim-irsay-and-im-rooting-for-denver/
I can't blame Polian for being pissed...

For the Record I still want the Colts to kill the Donks 116 to 2..:coffee:

I can't blame Polian for being pissed...

and I cannot blame Irsay for wanting to get more out of a GM, and thinking that a hall of fame Qb should have a better record than 9-11 in the playoffs when he has a good record every year in the regular season.

Polian created a team that was soft. Looked pretty, but you could run on them all day, and whose offensive line could not be counted on to get a thrid and one to save their lives. In big games, just run the ball down the Colts throats. I think that is what Irsay was wanting to say, but as usual, put his foot in his mouth.

I don't see what all the uproar is about. We all know the Colts were top heavy bc PManning was using up so much of the cap. With Manning at QB, Polian had to protect him and give him weapons. That prevented Polian from throwing money at better players on D. Polian's only real fault here was not finding a better way to provide a better defense on short money. His latter drafts were bustworthy and he could have possibly signed older veterans for the minimum to fill holes.

Irsay loved Manning and shares the blame with Polian for the offense being top heavy so, in that sense, Irsay is being somewhat hypocritical by criticizing Polian.

It's hard to talk Spygate with Pats haters... This might be the only place where you can do it, and do it rationally.

One of the facts that truly amazes me (and shows how ridiculous the whole thing was)...
the guy that accused the Patriots of filming the Jets was Dante Scharnecchia's son, Steve who was director of video operations for the Jets.

and as Mangini has said several times, I never expected the accusation to spin out of control and lead where it did.

I've told this story many times, but never here.

I attended the 2006 Pats/Colts AFC Championship game in Indy.
The dome was cold pre-game and during most of the first half. Then, I noticed the vents in the ceiling were closed and the stadium had to get up over 75 degrees in the second half.

and there is no doubt in my mind that Polian/Irsay pumped in the noise. Having never been a dome before, I was blown away by the loudness of the crowd. I scanned the crowd with my binoculars and saw virtually no one cheering ! You might see 1 out of a 100 fans making noise. I pointed this out to my buddy, and he checked the crowd and agreed with my observation.

Not only was it tough on the Pats offense, but it was always impossible for the Pats defense to talk to each other on the sidelines.

Talk about cheating. That was the worst, by far.

I've told this story many times, but never here.

I attended the 2006 Pats/Colts AFC Championship game in Indy.
The dome was cold pre-game and during most of the first half. Then, I noticed the vents in the ceiling were closed and the stadium had to get up over 75 degrees in the second half.

and there is no doubt in my mind that Polian/Irsay pumped in the noise. Having never been a dome before, I was blown away by the loudness of the crowd. I scanned the crowd with my binoculars and saw virtually no one cheering ! You might see 1 out of a 100 fans making noise. I pointed this out to my buddy, and he checked the crowd and agreed with my observation.

Not only was it tough on the Pats offense, but it was always impossible for the Pats defense to talk to each other on the sidelines.

Talk about cheating. That was the worst, by far.

They won the right way. Honest and fair. Good ol' Bill.

I didn't like Bill Polian on the CC, and he fell off late in his career as a GM, but I don't dislike him like most Colts fans.

Plenty of the players he drafted years ago are still playing at high levels. Polian has to be happy to see guys like Manning with the most TD's right now, Mathis has the most sacks, Tim Jennings is tied for most pick sixes and 2nd in interceptions. Reggie Wayne just got 1000 receptions. Guys like Collie are helping the enemy win in the 2 minute drill.

I didn't like Bill Polian on the CC, and he fell off late in his career as a GM, but I don't dislike him like most Colts fans.

Plenty of the players he drafted years ago are still playing at high levels. Polian has to be happy to see guys like Manning with the most TD's right now, Mathis has the most sacks, Tim Jennings is tied for most pick sixes and 2nd in interceptions. Reggie Wayne just got 1000 receptions. Guys like Collie are helping the enemy win in the 2 minute drill.
I don't think anyone is arguing he doesn't know football. But (IMO) that doesn't make him any less of a pompous ass.

HAHAHA ok Polian.

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 4m
Bill Polian said on Countdown the $28 million option bonus on Peyton Manning was "placeholder" to restructure & allow for drafting Luck,too

HAHAHA ok Polian.

Bill Polian said on Countdown the $28 million option bonus on Peyton Manning was "placeholder" to restructure & allow for drafting Luck,too
:confused::confused::confused:

He signed that contract before we knew drafting Luck would even be the remotest of possibilities.

Also, I've seen the information regarding the salary cap ramifications of us cutting, trading, or Manning retiring after the first year of the contract. "Devastating" would be an understatement.

I think Polian is full of shit right now.

The thing is, I think it was Mortensen who is tight with the Mannings and Condon who had reported ages ago that PM/Condon were absolutely not going to renegotiate that deal. Might have even heard that right from Condon's mouth when they used the SB being in Indy to pimp their agendas.

The thing is, I think it was Mortensen who is tight with the Mannings and Condon who had reported ages ago that PM/Condon were absolutely not going to renegotiate that deal. Might have even heard that right from Condon's mouth when they used the SB being in Indy to pimp their agendas.
I'm not 100% sure he would have been able to renegotiate. Don't you have to wait more than a year before renegotiating a contract? Could be wrong on that but I know there were all sorts of issues.

:confused::confused::confused:

He signed that contract before we knew drafting Luck would even be the remotest of possibilities.

Also, I've seen the information regarding the salary cap ramifications of us cutting, trading, or Manning retiring after the first year of the contract. "Devastating" would be an understatement.

I think Polian is full of shit right now.

:confused: :huh:

HAHAHA ok Polian.

That's rich. Polian is so full of shit.

Back