The Official CRUSH KILL DESTROY The Jets Gameday Thread

harrisonhits

NFL Can GFY
Reaction score
Finally ! Two weeks of sh*t talking by the Jets after a whole season of it.

Please oh Football Gods, bless us this day with a good ol' fashioned Jets thumpin' ! From their lair nothing but verbal diarrhea hath flowed and the stench can no longer be tolerated by any fan of any other team.

No guarantees but I think as long as there are no disasters in the first couple series by both teams the Pats will be in good shape. Once the kids settle down and play their game I hope to see a steamroller with a Pats logo every time we touch the ball.

I just listened to Tom Brady's interview with D&C and it is clear that he thinks they are going to kill NY. Several times he said, "they are who they are" and "they're the team they've been all year" often with a hidden negative inference.

It really jumped out at me when he had the perfect chance to say, "we beat them once and they beat us once" and instead said "we can't play into their hands like we did the first time".

Anyone nervous about this game should give it a listen.

Jets will get physical with Woodhead
Jets will get physical with Woodhead
January, 15, 2011
By Ian Begley

Before Jets-Pats was personal for Rex Ryan, it was personal for Danny Woodhead.

Back in the Jets’ Week 13 Monday night matchup in Foxborough, the ex-Jet exacted revenge on Gang Green by catching four balls for 104 yards for New England in the Pats’ 45-3 win.

After the game, Woodhead, reading straight from the Bill Belichick guide to public relations, insisted that he was happy to be a Patriot and that his past history with the Jets didn’t play a role in his performance.

Even though Woodhead wouldn’t say it, finishing with a career-high in receiving yards against his former team had to be sweet.

Woodhead has another chance to stick it to his former employer on Sunday in the Jets-Pats Divisional Round showdown in Gillette Stadium. This time around, the Jets will be sure to keep an eye on Woodhead’s pre-snap position and are likely to take a more physical approach with their former teammate.

Some Jets said on Friday that Woodhead was lost in the shuffle of New England wideouts during a few plays in the Jets’ 45-3 loss.

One example was in the third quarter when Woodhead slipped out of the backfield uncovered to receive a shovel pass from Brady.

Safety Eric Smith said Woodhead was able to turn that short completion it into a 50-yard gain because some Jets defenders were picked during the play and lost sight of the 5-8, 195-pound back. Woodhead also had a 35-yard reception in the second quarter.

“We knew the type of player he was when he was down here and he showed us again,” safety Brodney Pool said.

Woodhead, an undrafted free-agent out of Division II Chadron State, was behind running backs Shonn Greene and LaDainian Tomlinson on the Jets' depth chart earlier this season, and the team opted to waive him in early September over draft pick Joe McKnight.

Four days after the Jets released Woodhead, he signed a one-year deal with the Patriots. At the time, the move was seen by many as a bit of gamesmanship by Belichick, who, the thinking went, would pump Woodhead for information on his former team.

But instead of being simple pawn in the year-round chess match between the Jets and Pats, Woodhead turned into an invaluable piece for the Patriots’ offense.

He finished the regular season with 547 rushing yards (5.6 yards per rush) and 379 receiving yards (11.1 yards per catch).

“We knew he could do that when he was here,” linebacker Bryan Thomas said on Friday.

Neither Pool, Smith nor Thomas said the defense spent any extra time studying Woodhead this week. They also said it would be difficult to predict any of Woodhead’s routes on Sunday based on what they saw in the teams' last meeting because the Patriots have multiple formations and do a great job of disguising any “tells” that may develop from previous games.

“They’re really good at scouting themselves,” Smith said.

Antonio Cromartie said the Jets will try to be more physical with Woodhead at the line of scrimmage on Sunday. Timing is everything in the Patriots’ short-route attack and hitting Woodhead at the line could disrupt New England’s rhythm.

The Jets communication in the defensive backfield should be sharper than it was in the last meeting with the Patriots. Starting safety Jim Leonhard, the quarterback of the Jets’ secondary, went down with a broken leg and was placed on injured reserve two days before the Monday Night Massacre.

What you saw from the secondary that night wasn’t pretty, as Brady threw for 326 yards and four touchdowns.

“We played flat as hell,” Cromartie said.

They've tightened things up since. Outside of Pierre Garcon’s 57-yard touchdown, the secondary did a good job of controlling receivers after the catch, limiting Peyton Manning to 225 yards passing in their 17-16 Wild Card round win last Saturday. Pool and Smith also combined for 13 solo tackles, a large portion of which came close to the line of scrimmage.

Pool would like to see a similar performance on Sunday. And he doesn’t want Woodhead to finish with anywhere near 100 yards receiving. But it’s nothing personal.

“We don’t want anybody to get over 100 yards on us, no matter who it is,” Pool said. "It has nothing to do with him. He just so happens to be a Patriot now."
ROFL

<<
I just listened to Tom Brady's interview with D&C and it is clear that he thinks they are going to kill NY.
>>

I think the Pats are very confident, they're just not going to outright say so.

It's clear the Jets intend to try and beat our guys up and fully intend to get away with as much in the way of late hits and dirty hits that they can get away with. They will be hitting with intent to injure as opposed to just stopping a given play, and I hope the refs will be on top of that.

<<
I just listened to Tom Brady's interview with D&C and it is clear that he thinks they are going to kill NY.
>>

I think the Pats are very confident, they're just not going to outright say so.

It's clear the Jets intend to try and beat our guys up and fully intend to get away with as much in the way of late hits and dirty hits that they can get away with. They will be hitting with intent to injure as opposed to just stopping a given play, and I hope the refs will be on top of that.
Yeh, I expect them to play that AFC North cheap shot ball we saw so much of yesterday. As long as NE's players keep their cool and don't retaliate they will take advantage of the penalty yardage and can cheap shot the Jesters in the end zone.

Expert breakdown: Brady vs. Jets DBs
Expert breakdown: Brady vs. Jets DBs
January, 15, 2011
By Rich Cimini

ESPN Stats and Information did a thorough analysis of the New York Jets' secondary, from a tactical and performance standpoint against New England Patriots QB Tom Brady. Good stuff here; you won't find a better analysis anywhere else:

No team saw more pass attempts against Brady this season than the Jets. As we get ready for Sunday’s matchup in New England, here is a breakdown of Brady passing against the Jets defense in 2010.

Brady’s 65 pass attempts against the Jets were re-tracked on film and analyzed to determine the type of coverage and the defender accountable on each play. With one attempt thrown away and another batted down at the line of scrimmage, the final breakdown consists of the other 63 passes Brady threw against the Jets this season.

Brady attempted 42 of 63 passes in single man-coverage situations. Brady completed 59.5 percent of those attempts including four touchdowns and two interceptions for a 96.3 passer rating against the single man-coverage of the Jets.

The other 21 pass attempts came against a defender who either had help over the top, zone coverage or missed assignments. Against zone coverage, Brady completed 83.3 percent of passes good for a 106.9 passer rating, his best numbers against any type of Jets coverage.

Brady’s best numbers also came as a result of receivers who cut outside or away from a Jets defender toward the sidelines. On outside cuts, Brady completed 15 of 20 attempts, threw four touchdowns and finished with a 135.4 passer rating.

When the Jets used press coverage, Brady attempted just 21 of 63 attempts, only one out of three passes.

What fans will be wondering come Sunday is which defender Brady will target most and how successful will he be against the New York secondary? During the regular season, Brady picked on Antonio Cromartie more than any other Jets player. Cromartie was the defender responsible for 17 of Brady’s pass attempts with seven of those coming while matched against Deion Branch.

Cromartie used press coverage nine times. While Brady picked on Cromartie most often, he also posted his worst passer rating in that direction among any New York defender with at least 5 targets.

Brady passed in the direction of Darrelle Revis on nine attempts, six times matched across from Randy Moss and three against Wes Welker. Revis lined up to Brady’s right side on seven of nine passes and did an excellent job of sealing off sideline routes against passes in his direction. Receivers cut to the inside of the field against Revis on eight of nine attempts.

Safety Dwight Lowery was the third-most targeted defender, matched up six times, all against a tight-end or running back.

The war of words started by Cromartie this week could make for an interesting dynamic come Sunday if Brady continues to pass in that direction as he did during the regular season.

Tom Brady Pass Breakdown Against Jets’ Defenders

2010 Regular Season

Player --- Targets --- Passer Rating

Cromartie --- 17 --- 72.5

Revis --- 9 --- 101.6

Lowery --- 6 --- 95.8

Coleman --- 5 --- 157.1

Scott --- 5 --- 105.0

Harris --- 5 --- 118.8

--Minimum 5 targets

So the more Coleman and Harris are on the field the more Brady will torch them. Excellent

Isn't hard to beat people up that you can't catch? :coffee:
PS_0483_TOUCH_RK.jpg

TFB poised to make history yet again.

With a win Sunday against the Jets, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady will set another impressive record. It would mark his 15th career playoff victory, which would be the most for any quarterback with one team in NFL history. Brady (14-4 postseason record) entered Sunday tied with Joe Montana (14-5 with the 49ers), Terry Bradshaw (14-5 with the Steelers) and John Elway (14-8 with the Broncos). Montana, Bradshaw and Elway are all first-ballot Hall of Famers.

Overall, Montana has the NFL record with 16 playoff victories, including a 2-2 mark with the Chiefs. Brady, Bradshaw and Elway are all tied for second.

Looking further ahead, if the Patriots win Super Bowl XLV, Brady would notch his 17th playoff win to set the all-time record there, and he'd also match Montana and Bradshaw with an all-time high four Super Bowl rings.

Brady would put himself in good position to retain the record for all-time playoff wins because he's got a cushion over the next crop of active players. Brett Favre, who appears likely to retire this offseason, has 12 playoff victories, while Peyton Manning (nine), Donovan McNabb (nine), Ben Roethlisberger (nine), Jake Delhomme (five), Matt Hasselbeck (five), Drew Brees (four), Joe Flacco (four), Eli Manning (four) are the only active players within 10 wins of Brady.

"Look, we try to win games, you know?" Brady said this week. "Look at what we’ve accomplished over 10 years, and that speaks for the whole preparation of our team. That’s why we play. We play to win games, more so than anything else. We’re not trying to do anything other than win. The goal of playing football is to win, every time you take the field, score more points than the other team. However you need to get that done, that’s what you need to do."
http://www.nesn.com/2011/01/tom-bra...ant-playoff-record-with-win-against-jets.html

I don't know if I'm gonna make it til 4:30. I had a restless sleep, and I'm a nervous wreck. I wish I could slip into a time capsule and zoom into 7:30 tonight and see a checkmark in the win column.

:banghead:

I don't know if I'm gonna make it til 4:30. I had a restless sleep, and I'm a nervous wreck. I wish I could slip into a time capsule and zoom into 7:30 tonight and see a checkmark in the win column.

No Problem, PFL. I have just what you need as a pick-me-up. Just read this and you will be invigorated!

These guys have been standing between you and the Lombardi Trophy long enough. Take it to them, and take the AFC East heavyweight championship from them. It is there for the taking. And you are the right men to take it.
Be the Rexterminators, once and for all.
No better day to do this than Hateriots Day.
It will be Ali-Frazier in shoulder pads and helmets, a cold-blooded fight to the finish that will be won — survived — by the one with the indomitable will and nerve and grace under pressure.
Rexterminators and Belichick’s Patriots, standing toe-to-toe, trading punches instead of barbs, a chiller and a thriller a long, long way from Manila.
From Namath’s mouth to God’s ears, this will be a long-awaited night of payback for everything from HC of NYJ to Spygate.
When Ryan, soaked in Gatorade, is either carried off on his players’ shoulders, or reduced to making the long, empty walk to midfield to shake Belichick’s hand, and trudge off into the night to the taunts of footloose Patriot fans, wondering whether he will be able to stomach the sight of President Obama kissing Belichick’s fourth ring.
When Cromartie intercepts a confused Brady and points to the Patriots bench while taking it to the house, or Brady methodically humbles Ryan’s beloved defense and blows the Jet coach a kiss after each one of his four touchdown passes.
When Mark Sanchez shows up as the Sanchise on a night when Belichick will dare him to win the game. When Ground & Pound drives the Patriots back to Copley Square, or Vince Wilfork drives Sanchez’s throwing shoulder into the ground, making a fourth-quarter hero out of Devin McCourty.
When LaDainian Tomlinson and Jason Taylor, forever young, dance 60 minutes away from their first Super Bowl, or stagger forlornly out of Last Chance Saloon.
Cinderella Men, finally able to distance themselves from F-bombs on “Hard Knocks” to Ines Sainz to Braylon Edwards’ DUI to Sal Alosi, piercing the hushed, shell-shocked New England air with shrieks of joy, or returning home with their feet in their mouths.
Darrelle Revis, two days before the Colts game, said he felt it in his heart that the Jets would win. Does he have the same feeling?
“Yes,” Revis said.
Even more so?
“Yes, ‘cause it’s one more step closer to where we want to be, and that’s getting back to the AFC Championship, and anything less of that is failure, if we don’t reach the AFC Championship game to try to get over that hump itself.”
This is the most difficult hump. That diabolical genius across the way in the gray hoodie, that dashing golden boy with the golden arm, forever conspiring to keep the Jets down.
Enough is enough.
The Patriot Way has worked so well that Woody Johnson installed Patriots South. He found out that The Patriot Way works wonderfully if the modern-day Lombardi is the coach and the modern-day Montana is the quarterback.
Enter the Rex Way.
The Patriot Way is walk softly and carry a big stick. The Rex Way is walk loudly and carry a big mouth.
The Patriot Way is never give your adversary a word of bulletin board material. The Rex Way is say whatever you damn well please.
It won’t be 45-3 this time.
“Guys are very upset about getting embarrassed, and losing like we did, so I think that’s the extra edge we have, of guys are just anxious for this game, and ready to prove the Patriots wrong,” Revis said.
It’s time.

Or this one: Jets can 'Sox' it to em!
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/left_for_dead_jets_T1IPsP1DUxVOUHOv4K5TyI

Thanks, Chev. I also found some motivation from watching this, NY's 2nd biggest National Disaster.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MsoWP4_fZFg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MsoWP4_fZFg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Interesting breakdown vs. their DBs, but it doesn't really tell the whole story which would include any Jet responsible for pass coverage.

Their LBs are built for controlling the box and they do a good job of that and the stats show it, but they aren't going to be able to tee off and smash the line vs. us without major consequences.

I was surprised to see how many completed passes were towards the sidelines. I would have guessed the middle was a more popular target and New York would attempt to seal it up more this time.

I guess we'll just have to wait another seven hours to see what we can of the chess match, but even a capable D like the Jets must have realized by now that there are only so many holes you can cover and we can play it any way we need to.

Gonna be a lonnnnnng day waiting.

Wait a minute, this isn't the GO JETS thread? Shit, I messed up again.
:bang:B e l i c h e a t

Back