the official: I work with an idiot thread..

I was just informed - "the sun is hot".

My job involves some helpdesk type stuff. One former regular "customer" didn't even know how to type in a f***ing password for our website. We have a screen that comes up with callers' numbers. After a bit, you recognise certain numbers. My colleagues and I had to take it in turns to deal with this idiot. She was truly brainless.

The bit that pisses me off the most is dealing with people who refer customers to us. We are really, really clear about the fact that you need a customer ID number (I'm being deliberately vague here). No ID number, no pass go. It's that simple.

The same people, again and again, refer people with no ID number. HOW F***ING STUPID ARE YOU EXACTLY?

Another one is (and, again, this is an analogy rather than anything to do with my job): "customer used to have a TV". Oh, really? Thanks. As I explained to you in the hour-long session, where I talked about customer referrals, I need to know what type of TV, for how long, when it stopped working and so on. If you can't write that, I'll refuse the referral.

Morons. :grrr:

Today the woman I work with ask's me what I've had for lunch in the last week or so:blink:

I'm a little puzzeld but I tell her to the best of my ability.

She then tells me someone dropped a noodle behind the microwave and if it's not cleaned up we will have mice.

So, I go pick it up and throw it away.

I tell her it's allset and she asks me why I picked it up:shrug:

She then tells me she thinks it belongs to another co-worker who's on vacation for another week and I should have waited to see if it was hers:blink:

I said: 'what about the mice?'

She says"Who cares?'

I said: 'YOU DO'

All this shit over a small petrified noodle:suicide:

You can't make this shit up.

Have you strategically placed more noodles behind the microwave yet?

Hilarity is sure to ensue.

ROFL

A girl in my group just referred to E-mail distribution lists and maintains that they update themselves. Holy shit. You are responsible for who you e-mail and no one can update your personal distribution lists but YOU

ROFL

A girl in my group just referred to E-mail distribution lists and maintains that they update themselves. Holy shit. You are responsible for who you e-mail and no one can update your personal distribution lists but YOU

This girl thinks her puter works as an independent entity?:huh:

Man. We need some OfficeCams with live feeds, like the African Watering Hole and Yellowstone.ROFL

ROFL

:spock: It's too bad you can't secretly tape these people. Now THAT would be a funny reality show

Man. We need some OfficeCams with live feeds, like the African Watering Hole and Yellowstone.ROFL

Oh, she's the epitome of moronic. And listen, I talk about several people in my group here for two reasons:

1) I have the unsavory job of "supervising" them and act as the first line of defense for their repetitve questions.

2) They have poor attitudes on top of it.

This one was just put on verbal warning. That was fun.

What ever happened to the 'africa cam'?

To: Number Cruncher

Subject: Financial Review

In reviewing your Financial Reports for the month, I have two questions I need answered.

1. You recorded a high "Severance Expense" this month - please explain.
2. You show reduced headcount in the month - please explain.

Regards,
Corporate

------------------------------------

To: Corporate Finance

Subject: RE: Financial Review

The answers to your inquiries are as follows.

1. See question 2
2. See question 1

Regards,
Number Cruncher

I haven't had a link in awhile. Is it gone? That would be tragic. I actually saw a lion kill some water buffalo thing once. Twas tre cool.

I lost the link if it is still there.

In the economic shitstorm of the past two years or so, my company's become much "leaner" (if ya know what I mean).

Virtually everyone has picked up some of the slack from one area or another and it's tough - but my company's fair and it all gets recognized.

There's one woman who I constantly make the mistake of asking the simple question, "How are you?" or "How's it going?" prior to the start of a telephone discussion and damn it if she doesn't tell me EXACTLY how it's going. Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch....

This annoying habit has earned her a new nickname. A hint:

eeyore_rain.jpg

In the economic shitstorm of the past two years or so, my company's become much "leaner" (if ya know what I mean).

Virtually everyone has picked up some of the slack from one area or another and it's tough - but my company's fair and it all gets recognized.

There's one woman who I constantly make the mistake of asking the simple question, "How are you?" or "How's it going?" prior to the start of a telephone discussion and damn it if she doesn't tell me EXACTLY how it's going. Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch....

This annoying habit has earned her a new nickname. A hint:

eeyore_rain.jpg

Schleprock ?

Back