The Official is Laurence Maroney a Bust(Ed) Thred

Bust or not

• He's a BUST!

Votes: 53 51.0%
  • He's not a BUST!

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • Define BUST?

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I am willing to give him even MORE time to figure shit out.

Votes: 23 22.1%
  • He's legitamately hurt (LMFAO)

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters
Kind of. It's a disappointment that he hasn't panned out how I thought he would. However, he did end here with a 4.3 ypc average.

Just goes to show, as I'd said in the past, that YPC doesn't mean the be-all and end-all for a running back.

It's far from the first prediction I got wrong and won't be the last.

Yeah, I wouldn't take that "I'm cutting the cake with a chainsaw" to the bank any time soon. ROFL

I don't think he's necessarily reached the pinnacle of his career. Many a back has gone on to Pro Bowl success following the departure from their original team (sometimes more than one team).

He's certainly worth taking a shot at if I'm looking at it from a league-wide perspective.

It's gonna be a sad day if he gets 1,000 yards rushing in the season for the Donks.

Why?

He's never run for over 850 yds here, never mind 1000. If anything, it would make me wonder why the **** he never tried when he was here.

Do you really expect 800+ yards rushing from a single back in a running-back-by-committee pass first system?

I don't think he's necessarily reached the pinnacle of his career. Many a back has gone on to Pro Bowl success following the departure from their original team (sometimes more than one team).

He's certainly worth taking a shot at if I'm looking at it from a league-wide perspective.

I think Thomas Jones is a possibility. He was a bust for the Cards (IIRC) and then went to Chicago and had some success there before finally becoming a lead back on his 3rd team.

Back