Alcoholic9 said:
That's one great thing that came out of the finale. The russians and Penny put to bed all the purgatory/group therapy/dream theories that have been floating around so long. The outside world exists and therefore so does the island.
yeah but know what? will Paulie shore and one of the great Baldwin bros come crashing into the isle and throw the eco-system off?

I need to sit down with the dvd's and watch them on a nice rainy afternoon with no kid interference

Those guys weren't Russians! They were clearly speaking some sort of spanish, sounded like Portugese to me. A sillier (not to offend) version of spanish. I know this because I understood what they were saying.

I don't know if that makes a difference. At first I thought they were Russian as well because of all the snow, but nope. I don't know if that has anything to do with the show. Just being a shit, I guess.

I still want to know what the smoke creature was (the thing that Eko stared down earlier in the season).

:confused:
________
marijuana pictures

Hawg73 said:
So you're saying the island is real, meaning not some kind of metaphysical limbo, but magnetically cloaked from our view.

Supposedly some of the writers/producers for the show post at a message board and they stated that it wasn't limbo.

As far as the "snowglobe" description, the magnetic thingy could explain that.

According to Einstein's General Relativity, gravity isn't a "force" but is the curvature of spacetime due to the presence of energy or mass.

If gravity can do this, perhaps the magnetic whateveritis can do the same.

The island would be in its own isolated highly curved piece of spacetime seperate from our existance.

So just as on a curved planet, with no continents, if you sail due west you'll get back to where you started.

Pushing the button kept the process running and kept the island isolated.

When the "System Failure" took place the island started to reintegrate with our spacetime and the airplane hit this and crashed.

Turning the key could shut down the whole magnetic thingy and reintegrate the island with the rest of the world.

Assuming this is true, then Dharma, presumably, intentionaly isolated the island from the rest of the Earth.

This ties in with the "quarantine" signs.

Jheavner said:
Those guys weren't Russians! They were clearly speaking some sort of spanish, sounded like Portugese to me. A sillier (not to offend) version of spanish. I know this because I understood what they were saying.

I don't know if that makes a difference. At first I thought they were Russian as well because of all the snow, but nope. I don't know if that has anything to do with the show. Just being a shit, I guess.

FWIW on the closed captioning when they spoke, it listed "speaking Portugese"

Ottawapatty said:
I am not sure, I would like that, but the woman at the door seemed only about 5 years older than Kate. Also, why would he want to see Kate in AUZ if she was really whackin' people in the USA?

Ana Lucia gives Christian the name "Tom". It also is the name of the boyfriend that abandoned Claire after she became pregnant.

how I keep track of Alive, Dead or whatever

link to lost dossier

Table of contents
1 Nose Section Survivors
2 Middle Section Survivors
3 Tail Section Survivors
4 Pre-Oceanic Islanders
5 The Others
6 Off Island Characters
7 Approximate Timeline of Fatalities
8 Passengers Killed in Crash

Ok, so I finally got around to watching the finale (been crazy since getting back from vacation). The writers are evil, plain and simple. Though I do like what we've learned, we have to wait however many months to see the status of the 3 in the hatch.

I have to admit, I kind of like the way they wrote the electromagnetic idea, though I'm not sure I agree on the curved space time idea (does make the radio signal they got make a bit of sense though). I'd think of it as more of a cloaking device, which if that's the case, they kinda stole a bit from Spy Kids II. The thing I'm wondering is Henry's reaction to the 'blowing of the damn'. If that did indeed either uncloak the island, or uncurve the space-time warp they're in, shouldn't he be a bit worried?

Moebius said:
I have to admit, I kind of like the way they wrote the electromagnetic idea, though I'm not sure I agree on the curved space time idea (does make the radio signal they got make a bit of sense though). I'd think of it as more of a cloaking device, which if that's the case, they kinda stole a bit from Spy Kids II. The thing I'm wondering is Henry's reaction to the 'blowing of the damn'. If that did indeed either uncloak the island, or uncurve the space-time warp they're in, shouldn't he be a bit worried?

Maybe he knows of another hatch or two that will continue to cloak/hide the island. Maybe if ALL the hatches are destroyed in the same way as the Swan was... THEN he'd get worried.

Who knows.. Maybe there's other groups of people on the island pushing the button! Yikes.. This show could go on forever!!! :p

But I agree with you... The writers ARE evil. We STILL don't know what exactly killed the Pilot from back in season 1... or Why! :confused:

PSC_Pats_Fan said:
But I agree with you... The writers ARE evil. We STILL don't know what exactly killed the Pilot from back in season 1... or Why! :confused:

Well, between bizarre polar bears and flying pterodactyl birds and black smoke monsters, it's pretty clear that something's having an effect. Either genetic experimentation, some sort of mutation from the electromagnetism, some sort of mutation due to psychic powers being unleashed (e.g. Walt), or some combination of all three.

for anyone who's interested, the 3rd portion of the online lost experience has started.

this will get you started

http://stophanso.rachelblake.com/index2.html

www.hansoexposed.com

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QvVJNYZ5PuQ"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QvVJNYZ5PuQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

oh, and you might want to put "rachel blake" in as a youtube search

Since it's the TV "offseason" I'm not paying too much attention to things, but I did hear that Josh Holloway (Sawyer) is pissed because Matthew Fox (Jack) got some sort of a raise or bonus. I wouldn't advise Holloway to hold out, though: despite the fact that he's one of the bigger stars on the show, it IS an ensemble and they won't hesitate to whack him off if he causes trouble. As Bo Schneider and Tom Wopat learned on "Dukes", and Bitty Schram on "Monk", almost no one is irreplaceable unless it's a one-star show OR you play the title character (e.g. Sarah Michelle Gellar in "Buffy").

NEW SEASON LESS THAN THREE WEEKS AWAY!

The season finale was really wonderously - phenomenally - creative and entertaining ... looks like the "expanded cast" won't be limited to "the Others" this season - we have that pair of wild and crazy Antarctic Russians (and be honest - when they cut to them - you thought it was a commercial too, right?) ... plus the Russians are ano in contact with Desmond's ever-faithful billionaire-heiress lovely.

When Desmond whipped out those printouts, and frantically asked the date and time of the crash, and then said "I think I caused your plane to crash," the hair stood up on my neck! I don't think that's ever happened on a mere TV show.

I don't know what's gonna happen to those three that Michael betrayed, but I will venture this: ANY guess is a shot in the dark, as the writers have proven predictions to be pointless in this series.

Here's my bet: I'll bet "the Others" are far more advanced than they're letting on (remember the fake beard? prolly to make the Oceanic survivors think them savages), and we'll determine that their "job", or what the Others think is their job, is to scare the Oceanic bunch and determine (for Hanso's Dharma Prooject) how far people will go when pushed to the brink. Remember - the Others haven't killed anybody yet! Annalucia killed the first two guys on the island trek, and Michael himself killed the two girls.
___

Man, I was really worried about this show when they made those wild-ass episode detours to kill off that crazy lesbian Michelle Rodriguez and that other woman ... but they REALLY rebounded in a big way.

I can't wait ...

BroncoBuff1 said:
Remember - the Others haven't killed anybody yet! Annalucia killed the first two guys on the island trek, and Michael himself killed the two girls.
___

Man, I was really worried about this show when they made those wild-ass episode detours to kill off that crazy lesbian Michelle Rodriguez and that other woman ... but they REALLY rebounded in a big way.

I can't wait ...

Actually, The Others have killed people already.

Tail Section survivor Nathan was killed by Goodwin and a guy named Scott Jackson was killed by Ethan (every bone in his body broken).

link

Back