THE OFFICIAL: N00bs ~~ Jump In The Water's Fine Here Thread

OP
RoadGrader

RoadGrader

Pervertas Emeritus
Joined
May 20, 2005
Messages
19,348
Reaction score
2,234
Points
113
Location
going Into The Light
Ponder on 06-22-2007 at 10:18 AM said:
Okay. I've been lurking here for about three years, I'd say. I think I came over from indystar when somebody mentioned the girlypic thread. I also came over to get a Pats fans perspectives and to further wallow in my misery after the two playoff losses in 04 and 05.

I was going to choose the username "Unrepented Lurker" that I seen someone use on another site, but I hate copying other people and I use Ponder on a couple of other sites, so I went with that.

I'm not sure what kept me from registering and contributing for so long. You all seem to have such a tight little community here that I was hesitant to barge in. I wasn't sure you needed another membered Colts fan as a member.

I've always liked the way you've treated non-pats fans. The acceptance of CKA and ICB are easy to understand, but you give Jaric, BY and dred a fair listen as well.

There's some maintenance coming through on my computer and it's going to reboot shortly, so I'll end this now and wrap it up in a little while.

Hopefully, this will be the beginning of a long, interesting stay.
welcome aboard, Ponder, even though you admit to being a Colts fan (with a member :( :( )

while I personally am on a N00b memberless-member drive, you understand, we can always use new N00b blood of all kinds

don't be a stranger -- just be strange -- and you will fit in here just fine
 

cka203

GO COLTS!
Joined
Nov 1, 2005
Messages
15,198
Reaction score
977
Points
113
Location
Hoosier Heaven
Welcome, Ponder!

This is a great site, and you will find much to enjoy here (the girlie pic thread is just one example).

Jump right in and make yourself known!
 

JD10367

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 2, 2006
Messages
28,770
Reaction score
1,378
Points
113
Location
RI
Pinky... are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Yes, Brain, but burlap chafes me so...
 

Ponder

Active member
Joined
Jun 21, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
48
Points
28
Age
54
Location
Southern Indiana
The thread the really pushed me over the edge was the "coming to a location near you" thread. I owrk at Crane to, but I don't think I know CKA. Her username sure looks like the old login names to our first basewide network.

Other introductory info:
Ponder comes from a character in Terry Pratchett books.

I've been a Colts fan since the late-70's. My dad was one. He had met Johnny Unitas one time while he was at Louisville. He,( at the time) was dating the sister of one of Unitas teammates. There was no pro football anywhere close to Southern Indiana so he started loosely following the Colts. I was around ten years old when the Bert Jones/Lydell Mitchell teams won the AFC east three years in a row. It's weird how sports affiliations are hereditary though. I'm a Philadelphia Phillie for the same reason. Anyway, couldn't believe my luck when the Colts moved to Indy.

What else? Married. Three kids. Daughter - 10. Twin boys who will be 8 next week.

I'll also say that I admire how you guys keep Dashoe around. I never saw how the poll about assclowning him came out. But to just keep him around like a pet puppie that widdles on the floor but you have hopes that he'll come around eventually. I don't know how many times I've seen him start a thread, read the title and say to myself, "Boy, the response to this ought to be good."

Anyway, I have hopes that I won't fall into the same category.
 
OP
RoadGrader

RoadGrader

Pervertas Emeritus
Joined
May 20, 2005
Messages
19,348
Reaction score
2,234
Points
113
Location
going Into The Light
JD10367 on 06-22-2007 at 12:12 PM said:
Pinky... are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Yes, Brain, but burlap chafes me so...
yeah, that's good JD..........

scare the memberless-member lurkers away from joining us here on account of your strangeness :mad: :banghead:

jaysus, I'm surrounded by maroons
 
OP
RoadGrader

RoadGrader

Pervertas Emeritus
Joined
May 20, 2005
Messages
19,348
Reaction score
2,234
Points
113
Location
going Into The Light
Ponder on 06-22-2007 at 12:29 PM said:
The thread the really pushed me over the edge was the "coming to a location near you" thread. I owrk at Crane to, but I don't think I know CKA. Her username sure looks like the old login names to our first basewide network.

Other introductory info:
Ponder comes from a character in Terry Pratchett books.

I've been a Colts fan since the late-70's. My dad was one. He had met Johnny Unitas one time while he was at Louisville. He,( at the time) was dating the sister of one of Unitas teammates. There was no pro football anywhere close to Southern Indiana so he started loosely following the Colts. I was around ten years old when the Bert Jones/Lydell Mitchell teams won the AFC east three years in a row. It's weird how sports affiliations are hereditary though. I'm a Philadelphia Phillie for the same reason. Anyway, couldn't believe my luck when the Colts moved to Indy.

What else? Married. Three kids. Daughter - 10. Twin boys who will be 8 next week.

I'll also say that I admire how you guys keep Dashoe around. I never saw how the poll about assclowning him came out. But to just keep him around like a pet puppie that widdles on the floor but you have hopes that he'll come around eventually. I don't know how many times I've seen him start a thread, read the title and say to myself, "Boy, the response to this ought to be good."

Anyway, I have hopes that I won't fall into the same category.
1.) don't bother trying to ID her......if you find out who she is, she'll have to kill you :p

2.) dashoe: I had an epiphany concerning him while I was in my AM shower loofahing one day that changed me........and it came to me what a skilled craftsman he really was at what he does

since then I have been OK with it
 

Ponder

Active member
Joined
Jun 21, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
48
Points
28
Age
54
Location
Southern Indiana
Okay. Sorry. Side trip.

My sig line is paraphrased from Real Genius, right? Val Kilmer is depressed and says, "I was thinking about the immortal words of Socrates when he said, 'I drank what?'"

So, the other line that's great in that movie is when Val is going to that gathering at William Atherton's house wearing those doodlebugs on his head. Some stuffy guy says to him, Why are you wearing that thing on your head?" Val replies, "Because if I wear it anywhere else, it chafes."
 
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
13,365
Reaction score
402
Points
83
Location
Almost Heaven
Welcome out of hiding Ponder :wave:

Christ.... RG tries to get lurkers out of the bushes and brings out another fricken Colts fan.

Damn... Did I say that out loud? Or, I guess it would be writing out loud. But can you really write out loud? I guess it would just be actually writing.

Whatever.



Anyway.... Colts fans are fine. We welcome the poor creatures. Think of us as kind of a mission. We take in all of the football God's poor creatures. I mean, D22 is still swimming around the asylum, so that right there shows you that we pretty much welcome everyone.



And Real Genius is one of the most underrated movies ever. I mean, seriously, that was Val Kilmer at his comedic best. Top Secret doesn't even come close to comparing. The one-liners never stop. Chris Knight is one of my most favorite humorous, sarcastic characters ever.

Chris: Kent puts his name on his license plate.

Mitch: My mom does the same thing to my underwear.

Chris: Your mom puts license plates in your underwear? How do you sit?



Chris: Let's just take a step back. No, I was wrong, I'm sorry, take a step forward. Now, take a step back. Step forward. Back. And then we're cha-cha-ing!


ROFL
 
OP
RoadGrader

RoadGrader

Pervertas Emeritus
Joined
May 20, 2005
Messages
19,348
Reaction score
2,234
Points
113
Location
going Into The Light
Ponder on 06-22-2007 at 01:37 PM said:
Okay. Sorry. Side trip.

My sig line is paraphrased from Real Genius, right? Val Kilmer is depressed and says, "I was thinking about the immortal words of Socrates when he said, 'I drank what?'"

So, the other line that's great in that movie is when Val is going to that gathering at William Atherton's house wearing those doodlebugs on his head. Some stuffy guy says to him, Why are you wearing that thing on your head?" Val replies, "Because if I wear it anywhere else, it chafes."
in case you didn't quite understand mgoblue's response to your above post.........

"(((ding))) You are now free to move about The Planet"
 

Ponder

Active member
Joined
Jun 21, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
48
Points
28
Age
54
Location
Southern Indiana
MGO, you said that so much better than I did. Almost exactly what I was thinking was "All they need at PP is another freakin Colts fan."

Other Real Genius Quote:
Chris: "I passed but I failed"
Lazlo: "Then I'm happy and sad for you."
 

Ponder

Active member
Joined
Jun 21, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
48
Points
28
Age
54
Location
Southern Indiana
RoadGrader on 06-22-2007 at 01:21 PM said:
in case you didn't quite understand mgoblue's response to your above post.........

"(((ding))) You are now free to move about The Planet"

Thanks.:thumb:
 
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
13,365
Reaction score
402
Points
83
Location
Almost Heaven
Ponder on 06-22-2007 at 01:23 PM said:
Other Real Genius Quote:
Chris: "I passed but I failed"
Lazlo: "Then I'm happy and sad for you."


At the pool party.....


"Look at it this way. Considering the type of people you are and the environment you're in, you have to admit the strong possibility this may be the only chance you ever have in your entire lives... to have sex."

ROFL
 

Ponder

Active member
Joined
Jun 21, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
48
Points
28
Age
54
Location
Southern Indiana
I forgot about that one. There were so many great visual gags in that movie: the pulsating citroen, the geeky girl (can't remember the character's name, hope that doesn't offend anyone) using the pool party to conduct a scuba experiment and, of course, the giant pan of Jiffy Pop popcorn at the end.

Did Real Genius show up in the movie quote thread?

That being said, any time someone mentions Chocoate Mousse, I think of Top Secret.
 

Ponder

Active member
Joined
Jun 21, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
48
Points
28
Age
54
Location
Southern Indiana
Thanks SC. I've been enjoying your posts for a while now.

I'll say one other thing for the planet. The "Die Morman Scum" thread was amazing for the information, the candor and the reasonableness in a thread about religion. I wasn't sure I'd ever see anything like that on the internet.
 

southcarolina

But, really, im not southcarolina
Joined
Nov 25, 2006
Messages
9,268
Reaction score
439
Points
83
Age
115
Location
Not Montana*
I wasnt around for the Mormon Scum thread, but im sure that if i would have been, i would have made it even more memorable. Thats how great i am. :)
 

JD10367

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 2, 2006
Messages
28,770
Reaction score
1,378
Points
113
Location
RI
Never understood Mormons. Who in their right mind would want multiple wives? Most of us can't handle one!
 
Top