The Official Real Life Happens PP Member Support Thread

TBL,
I'll continue to remember you and your family in my prayers.
I know what you mean in relation to this yr not being good to your family. Last yr was not good for Paul's family - besides losing him, 2 other members of his extended family also left us.

Gina

Thank you Gina. I really am so glad you continue to join us here. It's really great having you here!

Thanks to TBL and Tim (and also for anyone else who might chime in) I enjoy looking at various threads to see what people have to say - it's fun, interesting, maybe puzzling at times, and joyful and sad when real life is sure to 'check in' too. There are probably more adjectives to use, but these will suffice for now.

Gina

Thanks to TBL and Tim (and also for anyone else who might chime in) I enjoy looking at various threads to see what people have to say - it's fun, interesting, maybe puzzling at times, and joyful and sad when real life is sure to 'check in' too. There are probably more adjectives to use, but these will suffice for now.

Gina

You grace us here on the Planet and we are thrilled. You are family to us.

Every so often I purge my ignore list.

I was considering posting regarding my recent situation, but then I saw this:

I hate seeing this thread pop up. I usually don't reply, but well wishes and prayers are sent.

And remembered your little gem when I had in fact mentioned a death in your family.

I'm sorry for your situation, did you consider mine when you were on the attack?

Yeah, you're a real great guy.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Now, granted, I don't allow someone with an IQ below 70 to bother me especially when dealing with a situation as serious as this was to me, but I feel the need to post this here so that anyone that might actually believe the crap you're spewing about supposedly caring about others.

You know I like you PC but you were wrong in the manner you brought that up in the other thread and you definitely shouldn't be dragging the other stuff into this thread.

Don't know if you're just looking to blow off some steam here as from what I've read you're in a pretty stressful situation, but I hope you can find a more positive way to relieve it.

Sorry for your loss and hope everything else is going well.

I learned of the death of a friend on Saturday evening. He's been sick for a few weeks and appears to have passed Friday night. His coworker discovered him Saturday morning. I'm saddened because he was such a smart and hilarious man. His wit and intellect will be missed. We need smart people in the world.

That said, I have to say that for the better part of 30 odd years, he never met a drug he didn't like (his words) and was a big time drinker. Just like my Boston friend who died in October 2010, neither could or would put the drugs and booze down and both are gone. She was 52 and he just turned 53 last week.

I'm not saying that I will never drink my wine again, but I am saying that after speaking with GM about this situation, we are purging self destructive souls from our lives. I feel bad for people with troubles like this, but we feel that our world will be a better place if we do not have this element close to us.

I'm certain that most of us have had a soul like this in our world at some point. They are the sad ones who cover up that saddness by being the life of the party. But damn...you cannot destroy yourself like this.

Hope I don't come off mean. Just being honest. I counted up the people that have passed away between the ages of 45-53...my generation...and it's just way too many.

Hard to believe it's been a year since my dad passed away.

Family got together and visited his grave today.

View of the mausoleum

grave1.jpg

This is the view my dad has

grave2.jpg

Noticed that there are a bunch of other WWII vets interred there, mostly from the Navy, so he's got some good company.

To all those who are suffering in any way. prayers to you. This is to any member in this thread or to those they know.

I hate to bring this one back but I ask that you all keep my mother in law's bf Joe in your prayers. He really has been fighting alot the past year more so. We celebrated his 70th Birthday back in May. He has been going for Chemo to keep his cancer where it was at. It wasn't going away but it also was not getting bigger. The doc said he would continue doing chemo as long as it keeps his cancer down. Well chemo is poison and I think his body might be at the point of having enough. He's been suffering from seizures and had one tonight while on the phone with his daughter. He's at the hospital now when he is stable but they are afraid once the adavan (spelling?) Wears off he will go right back into seizuring. They are also afraid that the adavan will make his breathing stop. If you all can keep prayers coming it would be greatly appreciated.

TBL, prayers for you mil's bf. Thinking you might be referring to Ativan ?

Gina

I'm so sorry TBL prayers of course. Chemo is a nasty tradeoff. I hope all turns out ok.

Thank you all. The last update I heard is he is still on the medication and they are going to likely put him in a hospice hospital :(

So sorry TBL your in my thoughts…………..

~Dee~

Please say a prayer for my friend and next door neighbor, Dan, who has stage four lung cancer. He has been in and out of the hospital as of late. Great guy, lovely wife, four fantastic kids all under the age of 11. They had a fund raiser at Fenway last month, Michael Strahan was the MC. You can see some of the fundraiser at www.careone/savedan. My wife and I cannot believe that this is happening to such a young family. Please say a prayer for Dan.

Please say a prayer for my friend and next door neighbor, Dan, who has stage four lung cancer. He has been in and out of the hospital as of late. Great guy, lovely wife, four fantastic kids all under the age of 11. They had a fund raiser at Fenway last month, Michael Strahan was the MC. You can see some of the fundraiser at www.careone/savedan. My wife and I cannot believe that this is happening to such a young family. Please say a prayer for Dan.

Consider it done from my family. Prayers sent.

TBL prayers sent also.

Back