The Official Screw Work Nothing's Getting Done On Divisional Weekend Friday Thread

harrisonhits

NFL Can GFY
Reaction score
I told my boss an hour ago to piss off and not expect me to get much of anything done today since I've been bouncing off the walls in anticipation of the game.

I hereby declare this a holiday for all Pats fans and excuse you from doing anything that could even vaguely be considered productive.

Only productive thing I'm doing is planning the weekend menu, buying booze and bringing up dry firewood.

Wife is out buying booze now I think I'm going to go buffalo wings and onion rings for Sunday along with some other apps and thanks for the wood reminder

I usually don't do anything on Friday anyways..

Lordy! At least you East Coasters are already half way through the longest day on record. I, on the other hand, just got to the office and am facing a V-E-R-Y L-O-N-G and restless "work" day. Think anybody would be suspicious if I had to go home sick... :grovel:

I can't listen to sports radio anymore, particularly since they've started to invite jets fans to explain why the Pats will lose on Sunday. Shit people say never ceases to amaze me.

Is it Sunday yet?

Lordy! At least you East Coasters are already half way through the longest day on record. I, on the other hand, just got to the office and am facing a V-E-R-Y L-O-N-G and restless "work" day. Think anybody would be suspicious if I had to go home sick... :grovel:

I only work until 1 on Fridays, so I have 45 minutes left.

:coffee:

I'm outta here after reading some of the threads.

I'm making thai peanut / green curry salmon with green peppers, onions and red potatoes in it mmmmmmmmmmmmmm lunch is gonna be good today !

I arrived at work at 7:00am today and will put in a full day's work, and getting plenty of work accomplished, until 4:30pm or so. So far, I have had a very productive day. Tonight and tomorrow night I'm going to watch the NU Huskies Ice Hockey team play UVM at Matthews Arena on the NU campus. I'll be in the Varsity Club both nights so there will be plenty of Patriots talk at hand. Sunday morning I'll begin to get things ready for the game. My son and I will leave the house about 12:30 or so and get to Gillette Stadium about 1:00pm. Not sure whether or not we will tailgate or just go to the Pro Shop then to Patriots Place for something to eat. Plenty of sports to go around this weekend.

I'm working at home today so there really isn't anywhere for me to go. I did just go out and grab a coffee and listen to Weei for a while. The game talk is getting stale. Pats should have played on Saturday. Waiting through a bye week then through 3 games before the Pats play is cruel and unusual!

It will all be worth it on Sunday night though.

I'm making thai peanut / green curry salmon with green peppers, onions and red potatoes in it mmmmmmmmmmmmmm lunch is gonna be good today !

Hey, that sounds wundy - - all except for the salmon part (can't stand seafood). Would it work with chicken breast? I'm big into the Thai food and LOVE green curry.

<<
Would it work with chicken breast? I'm big into the Thai food and LOVE green curry.
>>

I'm sure it would. I get the curry and peanut sauce mix at an Asian grocery, and the coconut milk you can get there or Stop & Shop.

All the Thai curry stuff you can make will work well with chicken, shrimp, seafood, don't know about beef and pork since I don't eat those.

Back