The Official Super Bowl LI Game Thread - Patriots v Falcons

I'm pretty sure that photo is photoshopped. As much as I wish it were true, Brady is just way more classy than we could ever hope to be. ROFL

Watching some highlights and Malcolm Mitchell had a fantastic game, didn't have big numbers, but the dude had some key catches to either kickstart drives or keep drives going. He's had a great rookie season, and it bodes well for the future

Watching some highlights and Malcolm Mitchell had a fantastic game, didn't have big numbers, but the dude had some key catches to either kickstart drives or keep drives going. He's had a great rookie season, and it bodes well for the future

Malcolm Mitchell vs Falcons 6-7 for 85.7%, 70 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 10.0 YPA, 115.2 target rating. Our highest rated WR last night.

My boy!!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=400927752

1st Downs<table class="mod-data"><tbody><tr class="highlight" data-stat-attr="firstDowns"><td>
</td><td>37</td><td>17</td></tr><tr class="indent" data-stat-attr="firstDownsPassing"><td>Passing 1st downs</td><td>26</td><td>13</td></tr><tr class="indent" data-stat-attr="firstDownsRushing"><td>Rushing 1st downs</td><td>7</td><td>3</td></tr><tr class="indent" data-stat-attr="firstDownsPenalty"><td>1st downs from penalties</td><td>4</td><td>1</td></tr><tr class="indent" data-stat-attr="thirdDownEff"><td>3rd down efficiency</td><td>7-14</td><td>1-8</td></tr><tr class="indent" data-stat-attr="fourthDownEff"><td>4th down efficiency</td><td>1-1</td><td>0-0</td></tr><tr class="highlight" data-stat-attr="totalOffensivePlays"><td>Total Plays</td><td>93</td><td>46</td></tr><tr class="highlight" data-stat-attr="totalYards"><td>Total Yards</td><td>546</td><td>344</td></tr><tr class="highlight" data-stat-attr="totalDrives"><td>Total Drives</td><td>13</td><td>11</td></tr><tr class="highlight" data-stat-attr="yardsPerPlay"><td>Yards per Play</td><td>5.9</td><td>7.5</td></tr><tr class="highlight" data-stat-attr="netPassingYards"><td>Passing</td><td>442</td><td>240</td></tr><tr class="indent" data-stat-attr="completionAttempts"><td>Comp-Att</td><td>43-63</td><td>17-23</td></tr><tr class="indent" data-stat-attr="yardsPerPass"><td>Yards per pass</td><td>6.5</td><td>8.6</td></tr><tr class="indent" data-stat-attr="interceptions"><td>Interceptions thrown</td><td>1</td><td>0</td></tr><tr class="indent" data-stat-attr="sacksYardsLost"><td>Sacks-Yards Lost</td><td>5-24</td><td>5-44</td></tr><tr class="highlight" data-stat-attr="rushingYards"><td>Rushing</td><td>104</td><td>104</td></tr><tr class="indent" data-stat-attr="rushingAttempts"><td>Rushing Attempts</td><td>25</td><td>18</td></tr><tr class="indent" data-stat-attr="yardsPerRushAttempt"><td>Yards per rush</td><td>4.2</td><td>5.8</td></tr><tr class="highlight" data-stat-attr="redZoneAttempts"><td>Red Zone (Made-Att)</td><td>4-6</td><td>3-3</td></tr><tr class="highlight" data-stat-attr="totalPenaltiesYards"><td>Penalties</td><td>4-23</td><td>9-65</td></tr><tr class="highlight" data-stat-attr="turnovers"><td>Turnovers</td><td>2</td><td>1</td></tr></tbody></table>

Malcolm Mitchell vs Falcons 6-7 for 85.7%, 70 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 10.0 YPA, 115.2 target rating. Our highest rated WR last night.

My boy!!

Malcolm Mitchell’s up-down routine before making an 11-yard gain up the left sideline. He fell all the way to the ground, and he might have been on his belly even after Brady had released the ball. But he popped up in an instant, made the catch, and moved the chains. (Screen shot from NFL.com/GamePass)

(Screen shot from NFL.com/GamePass)

This was on the game-tying drive, mind you, and it got the Patriots out of trouble in their own end. Huge play.

Mitchell became the first rookie to catch a pass from Brady in a Super Bowl, which is pretty amazing. And he caught [many]. Kid is good.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/02/...process-and-other-leftover-patriots-thoughts/

I'm pretty sure that photo is photoshopped. As much as I wish it were true, Brady is just way more classy than we could ever hope to be. ROFL

I just saw a replay on tv and he didn't do middle finger thing, that's is indeed a photoshop.
too bad on the one hand, but it wouldn't be how I would want him to handle it.

of course dofus haters will latch onto it and say Brady/Pats have no class, blah blah blah

I love Matt Patricia for this!!!!
C4A7KjJWcAEjZPi.jpg

OMG Matty P FTMFW!

I almost wore my new Matty P sweatshirt for the game but I am superstitious so I wore what I'd been wearing all year.

That picture is as nice as hearing all those Pats fans booing Goodell and then switching to cheers when handed the trophy off

Remember in 2001 America's Game when Tom told the story about how they asked him to go to Disneyland and he was nervous about asking Coach Belichick because he had said they went down as a team and they'd go back as a team? And Coach Belichick said "**** yeah how many times are you going to win the Super Bowl?"

At least 5 now. :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7w-Go_PLIsA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Go right to the 8:05 mark and listen to the guy filming the elation, sums up what all of us are feeling I'd imagine... :shoot:

UT, is it possible to make giving rep unlimited, at least temporarily? I want to +rep each and every one of my Planet peeps posts until my thumb falls off, in celebration of this historic win by our Pats!!!!! Who's with me?! :)

ETA: PM request sent to UT on the off chance he doesn't wait in anticipation for my every post. :coffee:

Back