The Patriots' 2024 Off Season Thread

I’d rather spend two years tanking and having a shot at the next top 5 QB than see Russ play a down in a Pats uniform.
I live in VA and know a bunch of people who went to high school with him. You’d think that would be enough to be a fan for life of the guy, but he is insufferable. His ex wife is even worse but that’s a whole other story.
i had thought he was a good dude but it seems he's a phony.

The Pats do have a plan to sign a vet FA QB and to draft a QB at 3. (Just like we've been saying)
The Pats also intend to trade Mac for a 5th.
Brissett is one of the FA QBs they are considering. The other one played for AVP and our new OC McCartney last year in Cleveland. (I can't even make myself type his name)

The Pats do have a plan to sign a vet FA QB and to draft a QB at 3. (Just like we've been saying)
The Pats also intend to trade Mac for a 5th.
Brissett is one of the FA QBs they are considering. The other one played for AVP and our new OC McCartney last year in Cleveland. (I can't even make myself type his name)

i can't evennnnnn. is it JUMP BALL???

The Patriots have made an offer to Kyle Dugger. Negotiations are active. They'd like to re-sign him without resorting to the FT.

Anyone hear how long Mayo's contract is for?

My 2 WR FAs to target right away - Ridley and Pittman. Ridley will be the cheapest.

Burn some cash, Mr. Wolf.

Let's face it, Brady made a lot of people look good cuz he won. That spilled over into the front office. We all thought the Krafts were great owners (though I always thought they were on the cheap side). We thought they had great facilities. Now the players are giving them D's and F's. Mayo had to walk back his "Burn cash!" comment. If RKK wants to remain beloved, quit acting like John Henry and Jeremy Jacobs. Sheesh! 🙄

Looks like Pittman isn't hitting the market

Yeah, I read that last night. That extra $30M of cap is allowing a lot of teams to keep players this year who would normally be cap casualties.
Too bad for the Patriots it's hitting at a time when we have lots of cap but very few worthy FA weapons to spend it on.

Yeah, I read that last night. That extra $30M of cap is allowing a lot of teams to keep players this year who would normally be cap casualties.
Too bad for the Patriots it's hitting at a time when we have lots of cap but very few worthy FA weapons to spend it on.

Yep, people hoping for FA fixes and a quick turn around are going to be disappointed.

We are better looking to deal with internal guys, put average FA starters in places we have gapping holes, and looking for improvements on D where there maybe actual FA talent to get.

The Krafts are geeked!

Back