The punishment

Apparently not. And now I'm guessing Goodell must not be familiar with the phrase "career suicide." :coffee:

Or he feels having 1 owners support is okay but having 31 support is far better:shrug:

~Dee`

Yep.....I'll be at every God Damn Mother F*cking game this year wearing a Brady jersey. This is the time for support. I can see Pats fans going off BIG TIME at every home game this year!!!

I like that idea. However, I do hope that the unauthorized jersey business booms in NE while the real things collect dust on the shelves. Now is not the time to give the NFL my money to replace my dated, personalized Deion Branch jersey. Hey, I'm from Louisville....

NFL better watch out, the Feds may becoming down the road

Sincerely hope Kraft is taking care of this behind closed doors.........opening up all of his intentions to the press would be a big mistake. These things take time. Patience is our best friend right now.........

I've said it dozens of times, but Roger can't make a decision to save his life, or career in this case. Troy Vincent has nothing to do with it.

As mind-boggling as DFgate was, the punishment far exceeds on the astonishment meter.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that the other 31 NFL owners hate the Patriots and are grateful to their hired hand for dishing out this absurdly overblown foolishness. They know it's petty and vindictive and will be widely criticized.

My head is spinning. I need to think about this.

I never expected anything of this magnitude.

I guess Roger finally got his revenge for Kraft giving him the stare down at the Trophy presentation. That twisted fvck has got the upper hand now but I have a feeling things are going to look decidedly different very soon. The guy went too far. He doesn't have the clout he thinks he has.

I plan to watch NFLnet's coverage tomorrow morning to see if the fix is in. That'll be step one. Let's see if the talking heads are afraid to speak freely.

Also, I won't quit watching or following the Patriots no matter who is wearing the ties or how they try to fvck things up. I'll figure out how I can best play my game eventually, but I'm not walking away from the Pats.

I bet the folks over at GangGreen are just reveling in this thread.

Here's a friendly reminder to them: GUESS WHAT SUCKERS, YOUR QB IS STILL GENO SMITH

Now, now
there's no need to be vulgar :LOL:

Owner says Kraft/Goodell relationship dead and owners are nervous what Kraft will do

<aside>
An NFL owner said in an interview with Bleacher Report that he supports the decision by Roger Goodell to hit quarterback Tom Brady and the Patriots hard over Deflategate.

"The main thing (Troy Vincent) said is true," explained the owner, who asked not to be identified, "we need to make sure everyone is following the rules. All of us. I think Roger made the right decision and my guess is the rest of the owners agree."

That part isn't surprising. This other part might not be surprising, either. Yet it was still interesting to hear. The owner said he believes (but made it clear it's just his opinion) that the relationship between Goodell and Kraft is "pretty much dead."

"I can't say for certain but it sure seems that way to me," the owner, who knows both men well, explained.

The owner added: "Some of us (owners) are waiting a little nervously to see what Robert does next."
</aside>
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sm5lnq

<aside>
An NFL owner said in an interview with Bleacher Report that he supports the decision by Roger Goodell to hit quarterback Tom Brady and the Patriots hard over Deflategate.

"The main thing (Troy Vincent) said is true," explained the owner, who asked not to be identified, "we need to make sure everyone is following the rules. All of us. I think Roger made the right decision and my guess is the rest of the owners agree."

That part isn't surprising. This other part might not be surprising, either. Yet it was still interesting to hear. The owner said he believes (but made it clear it's just his opinion) that the relationship between Goodell and Kraft is "pretty much dead."

"I can't say for certain but it sure seems that way to me," the owner, who knows both men well, explained.

The owner added: "Some of us (owners) are waiting a little nervously to see what Robert does next."
</aside>
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sm5lnq

This last part gives me a smidge of hope

Well that is problematic then. Patriots suspending them implies they also believe these two acted outside the boundries and the that the footballs were deflated by human means.

Its bad pr/defense if your argument goes: Your science doesn't prove anything happened at all > If something happened it was just these two knuckleheads, our QB didn't know > If he did know he doesn't deserve the punishment you are giving.

Brady's defense has been "neither I nor these two employees did anything wrong as far as I know." Patriots undercut that a bit by suspending them without pay.

The punishment is fairly insane on the Patriots, But if Brady did know this was going on, or instigated it: He is a ****ing moron, how could he possibly not be aware of the post-spygate world we live in? The hatred and animosity for the Pats was clearly out there. Any accusation or evidence of acting out the bounds was going to be taken seriously and people with power were going to lose their god damn minds. Sure it is unfair and retarded but it is the reality on the ground.

That said, I can't believe Tom Brady is a ****ing moron, so I'm still on side "nothing happened"

A public stoning to protect the honor of the NFL and the imbecilic NFL Officials.

Back