The Unofficial "This Will Not Stand" Thread

And this was a bad thing?

It's all contextual, and I'm not sure what situations exactly that you're talking about, but I'd have to disagree with you in general. If we're coming down, we generally have a good reason to do so and much of it has been discussed beforehand in the moderator forum.
that would be me taking exception to the threads that start out as teh car thread followed by multiple threads called the Carp thread, the cart thread, the capri thread and so on

in the sports section, a badminton thread was made followed by Fussball, Aerobics and other similar style topics, So just like I have been doing with all the other threads of this type, I merged them into one - even offering to remove a topic if it became viable.

the 2 patties or 2 pieces of cheese cause those are both different cliques you know
2 patties and 2 pieces of cheese clique. And my avatar will be the pick 6 pic of Porter holding that burger instead of a football.

Priceless photoshop.

ROFL

that would be me taking exception to the threads that start out as teh car thread followed by multiple threads called the Carp thread, the cart thread, the capri thread and so on

in the sports section, a badminton thread was made followed by Fussball, Aerobics and other similar style topics, So just like I have been doing with all the other threads of this type, I merged them into one - even offering to remove a topic if it became viable.

And yet everyone is going around saying nothing has changed.

The problem with the football threads being 'one click away on the second page' was that you had to go looking through a bunch of buttsechs threads to get them. Even then, half the football posts were hijacked into buttsechs threads.

Many, many people found that highly annoying.

I really just don't see what's all that complicated about this other than the fact that the organization has changed. But disliking it is certainly your prerogative.

While I detest the banning of religion and political discussion, I have mixed feelings about the segregation of the football thread.

I was the one that came up with the "Three Ring Circus" name for the forum. I felt that it was a good fit because the 3 rings referred to the Pats' Super Bowl rings as well as to the freak shows, animal acts, and clowns that made this place what it was. The name covered both the football aspect as well as the "anything goes" aspect.

I'm not sure this name really fits the restructured organization.

I can see the point that people wanting to stick to football discussion would be getting frustrated. But this place was never intended to be a KFFL. It was intended to be more like a bar. Where you could go and watch the game, talk sports, drink, joke, order a burger, argue, discuss politics, look at bewbies...

And, it did sometimes go too far in the non football aspect. I am sure that the one of the major factors in the recent tone of the Planet had to do with the Patriots themselves. Most people feel pretty negative after the most disappointing year of the Belichick regime; particularly the pathetic performance on their own field in the playoffs. As a group, Pats fans have lost their swagger and that is an unfamiliar position for us.

But as to the bar analogy. If you go into a bar, you might end up sitting at a spot where you can't see the game you wanted to watch. Maybe the TV closest to you has something different on. The normal thing to do is to ask if anyone is REALLY interested in the Northwest Regional Tiddlywinks Semi Finals; or can we switch the TV to the Pats game?

I mean, it might be somewhat annoying that they didn't have the Pats game on in the first place, but it's usually a pretty simple problem to solve. Sometimes a heated discussion might ensue, perhaps an argument. Prompting the other bar patrons to tell them to tone it down.

Or, it may escalate into a fight sometimes. That's what bouncers are there for.

My point is, it's generally not necessary for a bar to set aside a segregated room for watching football...where nothing but football talk is allowed. A KFFL room, if you will. Even if there were such a room, suppose you're intently watching the game, drinking your beer...when a buxom young beauty takes the stool next to yours. She asks you a legitimate football question regarding the "cover 2" defense while offering an unintentional full-on glimpse of tantalizing side-boob.

Now the natural response to her question would be "Honey why you asking me about cover 2 when you're barely covering one?"

But that would get you banned from the bar for a week.

Which I guess might not be so bad, as that's probably the point you realize your favorite bar has jumped the shark.

My God. Sandy vajayjays everywhere. Jesus H. on a raft, people. It's pretty damn simple. There were two major changes: 1) political board killed, and 2) football-talk board created. There is one rule enforcement: a reduction on the obvious amounts of nudity and perversion.

It's not friggin' rocket science. If you want to talk football, go talk football. If you want to talk about anything else, including boobs and sex, talk it here. If you want to talk politics, talk it somewhere else. Nudity is not allowed, as it (supposedly) never was. Try to be nice to your neighbors.

It's not... a... big... frigging... deal.

A board is made up of who posts there, not where they can post. If the same people stay, it'll be the same board. Claiming you're leaving simply because the football talk got put into a new thread is pretty silly.

This place IS NOT PATSFANS. Their membership is infinitely larger. They are infinitely more strict about what you can post and where you can post it. This board now looks more like ChiefsPlanet: no, they don't segregate football talk, but they DO segregate Pictures and Media and Politics, so it's the same idea. A few boards to choose from, not 274 of them.
I could give a shit about this stuff. I am bitching about, well, this-

We were having fun. Not mocking anything. You gave us shit about it. WTF?

I could give a shit about this stuff. I am bitching about, well, this-

We were having fun. Not mocking anything. You gave us shit about it. WTF?

Well, that's where the problem lies and looks to be a simple misunderstanding of the rules.

You can do that stuff all you like in the Three Ring Circus. The intention of the sports forums was to be serious discussions of sports and not a bunch of hi-jacking.

Things haven't changed HERE. In the Three Ring Circus.

That does NOT apply to the sports forums.

I guess its a matter of semantics.

I say PP has changed. You say only parts of PP have changed.

:shrug:

And yet everyone is going around saying nothing has changed.
it hasn't... I merged those threads preciously but you are too above the board to have noticed that

too be truthful I find the constant 'poor me' act to be rather childish and have grown tired of it and that includes yourself and several other posters the last couple days. Look the changes are made, the only difference is the the forum is being cleaned-up and no longer are posters, who prefer that their football thread not get hi jacked, subjected to those posts.

deal with it is the best advice Ihave because it isn't changing back at midnight

Well, that's where the problem lies and looks to be a simple misunderstanding of the rules.

You can do that stuff all you like in the Three Ring Circus. The intention of the sports forums was to be serious discussions of sports and not a bunch of hi-jacking.

My bad.

That's hijacking?

Cuz I saw a lot of that when I first joined 5 years ago.

I thought the only change was that we weren't supposed to be dooshes?

Back