The Wells Report

So what is this whole thing saying? That Tom told McNally to deflate the footballs illegally, probably? WTF?

Belichick and coaches exonerated.

Brady "more probably than not" knew. How do you punish a team for something that the team evidently knew nothing about but a player may have known ? Fine the player I guess but this is a whole lot better than the upper levels of the team knowing "more probably than not".

Also, most of the words of "evidence" in the texts sound like they were referring to ball prep before the refs checked not after. It's impossible to tell for sure though.

Belichick and coaches exonerated.

Brady "more probably than not" knew. How do you punish a team for something that the team evidently knew nothing about but a player may have known ? Fine the player I guess but this is a whole lot better than the upper levels of the team knowing "more probably than not".
In the court of law that statement does not hold weight, however Godell wont care. Brady will get a fine at worst.

"More probable than not" is a way of saying that there's no hard evidence, but it doesn't look right. The report could have also said that there's no conclusive evidence to support that the balls were intentionally deflated. It's all in the phrasing.

Just avoid the media for the next couple of days and enjoy the sunshine. It will all fade away.

page 21 is the most damning (or at least some of the most damning).

I am really shocked by this - so apparently the guy really did probably deflate the balls in the men's room. the email between the two guys - as the report says, it's not plausible that they did this without Brady's approval.

extremely damning.

page 21 is the most damning (or at least some of the most damning).

I am really shocked by this - so apparently the guy really did probably deflate the balls in the men's room. the email between the two guys - as the report says, it's not plausible that they did this without Brady's approval.

extremely damning.
Still hot air...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 25s26 seconds ago
NFL considering discipline for Tom Brady, locker attendant Jim McNally, equipment asst John Jastremski, per source close to investigation.

Nothing about Belichick or the Patriots.

Brady won't be suspended for the big Thursday Night game so it's hard to believe it would be more than a fine. But that's my logic. NFL ? Who knows.

read page 20.. I can't seem to cut and paste it here.

Page 20 in regards to what you're concerned about:

In sum, with respect to all of our conclusions regarding the Patriots, McNally, Jastremski and Brady, we believe that the totality of the evidence, including the text communications, McNally‟s breach of pre-game procedure, McNally‟s disappearance into a locked bathroom with the game balls for a period of time sufficient to deflate the Patriots game balls using a needle, the post-game communications between Jastremski and McNally, the increase in the frequency of text and telephone communications between Jastremski and Brady post-game, the halftime data showing a larger reduction in air pressure in the Patriots balls as compared to the Colts game balls, which our scientific consultants inform us is statistically significant, together with other facts developed during the investigation and set forth in this Report support our conclusions.

Couple of interesting tweets:

@JasonLaCanfora: Report contains text messages between game day employees and them actually making disparaging remarks about Brady. Whole thing is bizarre

@JasonLaCanfora: A good portion of the report goes to lengths about over inflated balls from a Jets game that were not to Brady's liking

@JasonLaCanfora: Report notes the Pats refused to make a key person in the investigation who deals directly with the football available for a 2nd interview

@AdamSchefter: Tom Brady declined to turn over his phone to Ted Wells, per the report.

@AdamSchefter: NFL considering discipline for Tom Brady, locker attendant Jim McNally, equipment asst John Jastremski, per source close to investigation.

Why was Brady playing with a ball at 16 in a game if the limit is 13.5?

Couple of interesting tweets:

@JasonLaCanfora: Report contains text messages between game day employees and them actually making disparaging remarks about Brady. Whole thing is bizarre

@JasonLaCanfora: A good portion of the report goes to lengths about over inflated balls from a Jets game that were not to Brady's liking

@JasonLaCanfora: Report notes the Pats refused to make a key person in the investigation who deals directly with the football available for a 2nd interview

@AdamSchefter: Tom Brady declined to turn over his phone to Ted Wells, per the report.

@AdamSchefter: NFL considering discipline for Tom Brady, locker attendant Jim McNally, equipment asst John Jastremski, per source close to investigation.

I wonder if that was actually the 5th interview that Kraft referred to as being excessive for a part-time employee who has a full-time job

Was there one text message that said Tom Brady like is balls under 12.5 psi? Anybody? Anybody? Brady knew this was a witch hunt, and he basically said Fvck you, and I'm not participating in it...:coffee:

Why was Brady playing with a ball at 16 in a game if the limit is 13.5?

I think that may be the subject of the text messages sent between the two equipment managers. They got the balls to how Tom liked it, sent it to the refs who then put air into the balls and they came back overinflated and apparently weren't re-measured.

I'm surprised that they didn't ask the Israeli data mining companies that have all of this information...pretty much all of it goes there.

Back