This Is really Starting To Get to Me...

Den-in-NH

Happy For Tom
Reaction score
After the AFCCG I was beyond thrilled - going back to the Superbowl, yeah!

However over the past week, my excitement is really starting to turn into anxiety. I mean this is nuts I know - but I just can't stop thinking about this game. And it's got me all nerved up. I see the stake's as being huge - I really think a win is neccessary to preserve the legacy of the Brady/Belichick era Patriots. I can't stomach the thought of dropping two Superbowls to the same team with the same QB/Coach combo. It would be a huge blemish - "Yeah TB and BB are some of the best ever, but they could never get past the Giants."

On the other hand, a win here gives us redemption for 07, 6 rings for BB, 4 for TB (with a 4/5 SB win/loss - pretty damn great) and cements each as the greatest of all time in their respective roles.

There's so much on the line...and it's got me going through some major obssessiveness.

I couldn't even sleep last night - I swear I was having a panic attack as the scenarios were running through my mind.

I don't know if I'm over-saturated with media (I listen to sports talk just about the entire way up and back on my two hour commute - that's four hours a day, and then I flip back between Comcast Sports and NFLN once I'm home)...

And I feel pretty good about the game - I really do like our chances. But there's certainly doubt and that is giving me major stress.

I know it's crazy - I gotta relax. Sunday night can't come soon enough, but I know it's either going to be one of the greatest nights ever - I mean pure ecstacy - or utterely devestating - emotionally destroying.

And I have nothing to do today - I mean nothing. That means more time to obsess and check out analysis. I can't help myself - OCD is kicking in hard.

Somebody talk me down here guys...I know I can't be the only one who is going through this. My stomach is knots and I don't know if I can take 3 more days of this!

Lot's of doctors, all down the years, have told lot's of fans (in your condition):

Cold Turkey. Now. It ain't worth dying over.

Cheers

Lot's of doctors, all down the years, have told lot's of fans (in your condition):

Cold Turkey. Now. It ain't worth dying over.

Cheers

Not gonna happen - The highs are too high!

But man the lows are real low...

I ain't dying - my rational mind knows that perpective will eventually rule the day.

But right now, emotions are kicking rational's ass.

Don't worry. It's a pattern.

The Pats won SBs 36, 38, and 39, for the 2001, 2003, and 2004 seasons.

They're now going to win SBs 46, 48, and 49, for the 2011, 2013, and 2014 seasons.

Have to say, I can't focus on a goddam thing. Not sleeping well, anxious. I agree with Den that there's so much at stake. We'll always have the monkey on our back if we can't beat the Giants.

I told someone last night that this week can only be analogized to filling a bathtub with an eye dropper. Absolute torture.

Have to say, I can't focus on a goddam thing. Not sleeping well, anxious. I agree with Den that there's so much at stake. We'll always have the monkey on our back if we can't beat the Giants.

I told someone last night that this week can only be analogized to filling a bathtub with an eye dropper. Absolute torture.

I know it's like every minute is ticking by in slow-motion...

Damn, I need a distraction...

Back