Time perspectives

I remember in 1978 (I was 14) and Pope John Paul I was just elected. During his coronation, my Mom told me to watch closely because this may only happen one more time in my lifetime.

A month later, John Paul I died and John Paul II was elected.

My father used to call him Pope John Paul George and Ringo.

I remember in 1978 (I was 14) and Pope John Paul I was just elected. During his coronation, my Mom told me to watch closely because this may only happen one more time in my lifetime.

A month later, John Paul I died and John Paul II was elected.

My father used to call him Pope John Paul George and Ringo.

Big/Sky/Fly should be along presently to explain the details of the murder of John Paul I, but here's a quick refresher.

http://www.tldm.org/News3/JohnPaulI.htm

Cheers

:facepalm:

For the love of God, do not derail this thread with conspiracy BS. It was going along so well.

:confused:

I had no intention of derailing the thread. So I apologize if I've made that a possibility. It is a conspiracy theory. I have never bought it. B/S/F is our conspiracy guy. And I just thought I'd take a poke at him, as it seemed to be right up his alley.

Mea Maxima Culpa

Cheers, :toast:

I had no intention of derailing the thread. So I apologize if I've made that a possibility. It is a conspiracy theory. I have never bought it. B/S/F is our conspiracy guy. And I just thought I'd take a poke at him, as it seemed to be right up his alley.

Mea Maxima Culpa

Cheers, :toast:

I don't know much about pope's...or read about that niche. The new pope likes to talk about poop though. Kensil :rolleyes:

The new pope likes to talk about poop though.

Perhaps he's a combination science fiction and Bloom County fan, and is fixated on The Starship Enterpoop, and intoxicated nurses...

2f139d3951c9d761adbd6ff5f9e83868.jpg

...or maybe wild sorority girls ...

s640x640

...but on further consideration...

...it's probably both groups.

When I was a kid (late 70s), things like Woodstock seemed ancient even though it was only ten years prior (which, today, is only 2006). The Beatles and Elvis even more so, though only 15 years prior (2001 to today). The early 80s to late 80s seem like yesterday, yet 1985 (the year I graduated high school) is 31 years ago--as far from today as postwar America (1948) was from 1979 and my childhood of "Back In Black" and Led Zep's "4" and Van Halen's first album. Freaky.

My parents paid $17,000 for our first house in East Haven, CT in 1969.

In 1987, my first real job with Merrill Lynch, I earned an annual salary of $17,000.

I paid $17,000 in legal fees to try and keep my son from getting convicted of a possession with intent to sell charge (unsuccessfully) in 2014.

$17,000 is a key number for you... :coffee:

In 1986 I bought my first car, a '76 Mustang fastback, for $2,500. Thirty years later, the car, if I had it still, would be worth $2,500.

Lincoln gave the Gettysburg address in 1863 and referenced 87 years prior. What happened 87 years later? The Korean War started.

Kurt Cobain died in 1994, 22 yeas ago. 22 Years before that was 1972, the year of the Munich Olympics (talk about a TV Memory) and Nixon's 2nd election.

My parents bought their first home (new construction) in 1954 for $10,500. I bought my first new car in 1988 for $12,000.

Back