To Members visiting from other sites: Tell us what happens to Coach Belichick

Sorry, folks. As much as I'd love to see the Pats have no first round pick, there's no way the players' union would stand for losing first round money for even one guy. Won't happen.

I think we'll see a 4 game suspension or the loss of a second rounder, and a fourth or fifth.

mgoblue101415 on 09-13-2007 at 04:34 PM said:
So....

If the league had gotten concrete evidence that the Colts were piping in crowd noise, which is against league rules ( read: illeagal ) and would be done to gain a competitive edge, then you would have fully supported Dungy being suspended for four games?
If we broke the rules then yes we should pay the penalty, regardless of what it is.

The incident in question though was a bunch of bull that was investigated by the league and deterimined to have no merit. Unless you consider a beat writer from pittsburgh crying concrete evidence.

Basically, a completely differant situation from the one in question, and completely irrelevant to the discussion.

BizarroMuthaF'inAnni on 09-13-2007 at 04:18 PM said:
Don't say what YOU would do....say what you think the LEAGUE is going to do.
I already said in another thread I thought Goddell was going to publically spank both Kraft and BB.

GOSH!

>)

mgoblue101415 on 09-13-2007 at 03:34 PM said:
So....

If the league had gotten concrete evidence that the Colts were piping in crowd noise, which is against league rules ( read: illeagal ) and would be done to gain a competitive edge, then you would have fully supported Dungy being suspended for four games?

If Dungy was behind it, yes.

CleatMarks on 09-13-2007 at 04:28 PM said:
Patriots are awarded two first round draft picks for having to put up with this mess.
:LOL: :LOL: ROFL :LOL: :LOL: ROFL

Dats da spirit, son!
:patriots!

jetfan4hire on 09-13-2007 at 02:05 PM said:
Surrender a first day pick, and suspend BB 8 games

Huh?

My honest opinion is that, IF there's a suspension, there is no way it's longer than the 5 games Cowboy's QB coach Wade Wilson got for the HGH stuff.

My guess....2 game suspension of BB and a single late 1st day draft pick in 2008. Basically, a punishment for the coach and for the organization.

I'm not sure what Goodell will do. I do know this though... given the success that New England has had it sickens me to think about it. This has been going on for a long time. I'm pretty sure about that.

Tarnish the Shield? BB took a dump on it.

BB is as bad as Michael Vick, I swear.

He should be banned from the game.
He doesn't need the NFL and the NFL doesn't need him. He should be tossed out. New England should be made to forfeit their draft. New England should be ineligible for the post season this season.

Kraft should be made to pay a $10M dollar fine. I don't think anyone should be awarded a win. New England likely cheated in most every game for the past 5 years so there is no point in awarding the Jets a W when in all probability New England hasn't won legitimately since the Bledsoe era.

Go ahead and call me bitter for last years week 17 loss. I am now. Now I wonder "what if"... that sucks.

But what will happen?

Not much. Big fine, small suspension. Loss of a few draft picks. No big deal. It will get glossed over.

Nothing personal people... but whatever happens NE desreves so much worse.

Sorry if I sound like an asshole. I'm really not. I just hate the idea that it's possible to win 3 world championships by cheating.

Bipolar Titan on 09-13-2007 at 05:17 PM said:
Sorry if I sound like an asshole.

You're apology is currently under review, whineycakes.

Bipolar Titan on 09-13-2007 at 06:17 PM said:
I'm not sure what Goodell will do. I do know this though... given the success that New England has had it sickens me to think about it. This has been going on for a long time. I'm pretty sure about that.

Tarnish the Shield? BB took a dump on it.

BB is as bad as Michael Vick, I swear.

He should be banned from the game.
He doesn't need the NFL and the NFL doesn't need him. He should be tossed out. New England should be made to forfeit their draft. New England should be ineligible for the post season this season.

Kraft should be made to pay a $10M dollar fine. I don't think anyone should be awarded a win. New England likely cheated in most every game for the past 5 years so there is no point in awarding the Jets a W when in all probability New England hasn't won legitimately since the Bledsoe era.

Go ahead and call me bitter for last years week 17 loss. I am now. Now I wonder "what if"... that sucks.

But what will happen?

Not much. Big fine, small suspension. Loss of a few draft picks. No big deal. It will get glossed over.

Nothing personal people... but whatever happens NE desreves so much worse.

Sorry if I sound like an asshole. I'm really not. I just hate the idea that it's possible to win 3 world championships by cheating.

You say this with an Adam Jones sig.
Oh the ironing.

amwreck,
ok. Vick is much worse.. you got me there. I think I threw that in there to insure responses... sorry. that was kinda trollish of me.

I still think that BB has no place coaching just as Vick has no place playing.. if it can be proven that BB employed these cheat tactics... and I mean proven without a shadow of a doubt... how could Kraft keep him? As a fan, if it were my team... I wouldn't want him. I'd be pissed.

TommyD420, what the hell do you mean ironing? Is that what BB is supposed to do? Iron things out? It's irony... and I suppose it is ironic... except that Adam Jones did most of his idiocy on the street and not on the football field.

If you want to make a more valid comparison I think Albert Haynesworth got off light. He should have had at least twice the penalty he was given... but in fairness no one had a suspension for an on the field incident quite like that and it was twice the precedent but I still think it was light.

But honestly, for real... if Goodell were to hold coaches to the same standard he's trying to hold the players to I don't see how anyone can reasonably argue that BB has a rightful place in the NFL if these allegations are true.

Imagine an accountant at a firm who cheats the books. Embezzlement or what have you... once he's found out is there a job there for him anymore?

What about the Arthur Anderson's, Tyco's, Enron's, and Adelphia's of the world? What do we tell our kids? There is no place for cheating in the NFL. Maybe there is in MLB, I don't know, but I have come to expect Goodell to hold the NFL to a higher standard.

I used to think BB was a genius... a master of the game. Now it's come to light that he is just a low life cheater...

it's IRONIC that I never had a problem BB being a sore loser. I'd be sore to if I cheated and lost anyways.

TommyD420 on 09-13-2007 at 06:28 PM said:
You say this with an Adam Jones sig.
Oh the ironing.

Lolz @ funny typos.

I keed of course. There is nothing humorous about poor spelling and grammer.

I think that will add at least another game or two to the suspension.

Bipolar Titan on 09-13-2007 at 08:25 PM said:
amwreck,
ok. Vick is much worse.. you got me there. I think I threw that in there to insure responses... sorry. that was kinda trollish of me.

I still think that BB has no place coaching just as Vick has no place playing.. if it can be proven that BB employed these cheat tactics... and I mean proven without a shadow of a doubt... how could Kraft keep him? As a fan, if it were my team... I wouldn't want him. I'd be pissed.

TommyD420, what the hell do you mean ironing? Is that what BB is supposed to do? Iron things out? It's irony... and I suppose it is ironic... except that Adam Jones did most of his idiocy on the street and not on the football field.

If you want to make a more valid comparison I think Albert Haynesworth got off light. He should have had at least twice the penalty he was given... but in fairness no one had a suspension for an on the field incident quite like that and it was twice the precedent but I still think it was light.

But honestly, for real... if Goodell were to hold coaches to the same standard he's trying to hold the players to I don't see how anyone can reasonably argue that BB has a rightful place in the NFL if these allegations are true.

Imagine an accountant at a firm who cheats the books. Embezzlement or what have you... once he's found out is there a job there for him anymore?

What about the Arthur Anderson's, Tyco's, Enron's, and Adelphia's of the world? What do we tell our kids? There is no place for cheating in the NFL. Maybe there is in MLB, I don't know, but I have come to expect Goodell to hold the NFL to a higher standard.

I used to think BB was a genius... a master of the game. Now it's come to light that he is just a low life cheater...

it's IRONIC that I never had a problem BB being a sore loser. I'd be sore to if I cheated and lost anyways.
:::: *Sighs* and then weeps for The Future ::::

please, for justice and humanity, do some research & critical thinking for yourself and don't let the framing of the issue by lazy/incompetent, ill-informed or agenda-driven members of the media be your only voice

on 2nd thought, forget everything I just said and BTW fvck Pacman Jones

I think that BB should be fined pretty heftily, something in the half a mil range.

The pats org should lose half that.

Also, they should lose some draft picks. If the pats keep winning, take away their first.

If it all falls apart, take their 2nd and 3rd.

No suspensions.

jaric on 09-13-2007 at 08:46 PM said:
I think that BB should be fined pretty heftily, something in the half a mil range.

The pats org should lose half that.

Also, they should lose some draft picks. If the pats keep winning, take away their first.

If it all falls apart, take their 2nd and 3rd.

No suspensions.
:noshit:

jaric on 09-13-2007 at 08:33 PM said:
Lolz @ funny typos.

I keed of course. There is nothing humorous about poor spelling and grammer.

I think that will add at least another game or two to the suspension.
Yo beyotch that was all intentional and ironic in its own right homes.

Back