tOfficial Welcome Back to Balmy Foxboro Houston Texans!

It is what it is, a football game that if you look past the opponent you will get bit in the ass.

Reality is the pats have not been laying pipe in a sorority house the past few weeks so let's not live off our exploits of freshman year while we are seniors.

This will be an under, take the points game.

The Patriots have won 12 of their last 13 and beat their last opponent 28-0.

There are a few major differences between the Texans and the 2010 Jets. For one the Jets had several veteran players who knew the Patriots and they brought some real playoff intensity with them. Guys like Jason Taylor and Shaun Ellis. Secondly, those Jets were much more versatile than the Texans are. They were able to largely abandoned the pressure concepts that Ryan is known for in favor of coverage.

Even with a gutsy veteran defense stepping up, it still required a horrible INT by Brady on the opening drive and a truly bizarre drop by Crumpler in the endzone for them to win.

There are a few major differences between the Texans and the 2010 Jets. For one the Jets had several veteran players who knew the Patriots and they brought some real playoff intensity with them. Guys like Jason Taylor and Shaun Ellis. Secondly, those Jets were much more versatile than the Texans are. They were able to largely abandoned the pressure concepts that Ryan is known for in favor of coverage.

Even with a gutsy veteran defense stepping up, it still required a horrible INT by Brady on the opening drive and a truly bizarre drop by Crumpler in the endzone for them to win.

The gutsy vet defense made Sanchez look good....games are 60 minutes, it takes more than a play or 2 in order to lose. They brought it, the pats could not handle it...all of the Pats.

The gutsy vet defense made Sanchez look good....games are 60 minutes, it takes more than a play or 2 in order to lose. They brought it, the pats could not handle it...all of the Pats.

I wasn't talking about the Pats defense. The Jets defense won that game because of their veteran leadership. The Texans defense doesn't really have any older vocal leaders like the Jets did. The Texans have a lot of youth, much like us. Winning road playoff games is hard to do. It helps a lot to have someone to rally around. Such as Ray Lewis, Strahan, or Bruschi. Who do they have?

It's almost impossible to cook up a karma stew this week and lay out the reasons why we are in trouble against a team that we poleaxed a month ago.

I watched them Saturday and tried mightily to find something to worry about and was entirely unsuccessful. Arian Foster? Sure, he is really good and touched the ball 40 times for good yardage. Watt? He was making plays.

That's about it. There is no way we beat them by six scores again and it is possible that they do better by throwing a WTF game plan up on the board and executing it before we execute them.

We're going to beat these guys. Maybe not kill them. Maybe they get off to a better start and get all excited, but they are too much of a finesse team and deep down inside are still reeling over the reality check we handed them.

We're better than they are in all three phases of the game. Offense. Defense. Special teams.

The Patriots have won 12 of their last 13 and beat their last opponent 28-0.

against a team missing the Bess receiver and they were singing this

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go
I'm standing here outside your door
I hate to lose to you and say goodbye
But the season is over, it's early mourn
The taxi's waiting, he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could cry.

Chorus:
So hit me and pass for me
Tell me that you'll root for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go.
(oh, baby, don't let me go!)
I'm leavin' on a jet plane
I don't know when I'll be back again
Oh, babe, I hate to go.

There's so many times I've let you down
So many times I've played around
I tell you now, they don't mean a thing
Every place I go, I think of you
Every song I sing, I sing for you
When I come back, I'll wear your cham'ship ring.

(Chorus)

Now the time has come to leave you
One more time let me lose you
Then close your eyes, and I'll be on my way.
Dream about the days to come
When I won't have to leave alone
About the times, I won't have to say,

I think the biggest difference between the Texans and the Jets is that Ryan - for all the grief he gets - is a phenomenal defensive coach. Wade Phillips is more a "do what we do" kind of guy and other than taking out defensive lineman knees, I'm not 100% sure what Kubiak brings to the table.

It's almost impossible to cook up a karma stew this week and lay out the reasons why we are in trouble against a team that we poleaxed a month ago.

I watched them Saturday and tried mightily to find something to worry about and was entirely unsuccessful. Arian Foster? Sure, he is really good and touched the ball 40 times for good yardage. Watt? He was making plays.

That's about it. There is no way we beat them by six scores again and it is possible that they do better by throwing a WTF game plan up on the board and executing it before we execute them.

We're going to beat these guys. Maybe not kill them. Maybe they get off to a better start and get all excited, but they are too much of a finesse team and deep down inside are still reeling over the reality check we handed them.

We're better than they are in all three phases of the game. Offense. Defense. Special teams.

Good Post Hawg.

The one thing I would be worried about with Houston is their ability to pressure the QB without blitzing, which has been the recipe to beat the Pats for some time now. Their defensive line is pretty damn good. They hit Brady alot in the first matchup despite the ass kicking. That is pretty much my only worry going into this game.

That being said, the Pats offensive line is in much better shape this weekend than it was then and they have Gronk back. I think they win this one by a comfortable margin but it will be a much different game than the last one. They pull ahead late.

But what the F do I know. I am just some knucklehead on the internet.

Anyways.

Who is going?

Good Post Hawg.

The one thing I would be worried about with Houston is their ability to pressure the QB without blitzing, which has been the recipe to beat the Pats for some time now. Their defensive line is pretty damn good. They hit Brady alot in the first matchup despite the ass kicking. That is pretty much my only worry going into this game.

That being said, the Pats offensive line is in much better shape this weekend than it was then and they have Gronk back. I think they win this one by a comfortable margin but it will be a much different game than the last one. They pull ahead late.

But what the F do I know. I am just some knucklehead on the internet.

Anyways.

Who is going?

Legitimate concerns/points. I think NE might come out in the no-huddle to dictate the pace of the game and wear down their physical DL/JJ Watt much faster. I think we all saw how tired Watt seemed yesterday.

I am pretty proud of the work the OL has done this season and I hope they continue it.

Everyone always talks about how not blitzing is the key to beating Brady, but seriously, isn't getting pressure with only 4 guys the way to beat every QB in the NFL? If you rush 4 and drop 7 in coverage and the 4 can force the ball out quick you're going to win most of your games.

Everyone always talks about how not blitzing is the key to beating Brady, but seriously, isn't getting pressure with only 4 guys the way to beat every QB in the NFL? If you rush 4 and drop 7 in coverage and the 4 can force the ball out quick you're going to win most of your games.

Pretty much, if you can get pressure from your line from even base allignment and can drop the rest into coverage is the blueprint for most (if not all) teams. I think in the Patriots case it is different in the sense that the interior rushers are capable of disrupting more because it prevents the QB from stepping up in the pocket to avoid the rush. This is probably an issue with most traditional QBs.

Unless the Texans find a way to neutralize Wilfork, Scott, Jones, Hightower, Ninko, et al, they have no chance.

Unless the Texans find a way to neutralize Wilfork, Scott, Jones, Hightower, Ninko, et al, they have no chance.

I'm thinking they have to find a way to neuteralize Gronk.

Pretty much, if you can get pressure from your line from even base allignment and can drop the rest into coverage is the blueprint for most (if not all) teams. I think in the Patriots case it is different in the sense that the interior rushers are capable of disrupting more because it prevents the QB from stepping up in the pocket to avoid the rush. This is probably an issue with most traditional QBs.

No doubt about it. So few teams can bring pressure up the middle without blitzing. The Texans are one of those teams. That would be my one worry heading into this game.

Back