Tom Brady/Tampa Off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will give TB GM a lot of credit. The moves he pulled off in last 2 years is Amazing . Giving Brady a chance to win 8 SBs.
It has been a lot longer than 2 years. Licht has been hitting the drafts out of the park since 2015. This is why the team is in such great shape with a ton of talent and good cap space because he has so many guys on rookie contracts and is not overpaying many vet players. It is really textbook for how to build a team in this era and of course landing Brady was what brought it all together.

I have to mention age Roberto because this is amazing given the guy is 43 almost 44. He beat out 25 year old Mahomes who is the young, super talent.
Impressive. Everyone loves a winner.

I have to mention age Roberto because this is amazing given the guy is 43 almost 44. He beat out 25 year old Mahomes who is the young, super talent.
Impressive. Everyone loves a winner.

Not that impressive when you can clearly see that there is a good chunk of the Patriots fan base that are more Brady fans than they are Patriots fans so you basically have one and a half fan bases purchasing his stuff not to mention the casual NFL fans.

Not that impressive when you can clearly see that there is a good chunk of the Patriots fan base that are more Brady fans than they are Patriots fans so you basically have one and a half fan bases purchasing his stuff not to mention the casual NFL fans.
That's just it though. He has been playing for 20 years with 2 different teams and STILL winning that is what generates the sales nationally. To beat out Mahomes who is the young face of the league is extremely impressive.

That's just it though. He has been playing for 20 years with 2 different teams and STILL winning that is what generates the sales nationally. To beat out Mahomes who is the young face of the league is extremely impressive.

How so?

Chief fans have had a couple of years to buy Mahomes jerseys.

TB has only had the last year.

So of course Brady’s Jersey would outsell Mahomes. It’s only logical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It has been a lot longer than 2 years. Licht has been hitting the drafts out of the park since 2015. This is why the team is in such great shape with a ton of talent and good cap space because he has so many guys on rookie contracts and is not overpaying many vet players. It is really textbook for how to build a team in this era and of course landing Brady was what brought it all together.
When you're constantly in the top 5 in the draft for a LONG time, you're bound to hit on a few good players. Crab legs wasn't a hit though... :coffee:

Also, you sure sound giddy about posting all of this TB news...

When you're constantly in the top 5 in the draft for a LONG time, you're bound to hit on a few good players. Crab legs wasn't a hit though... :coffee:

Also, you sure sound giddy about posting all of this TB news...
Eh. You still have to make the picks every round and we know first hand how first and second round picks can be blown. Licht has found talented guys all over the board for 6 years now. I do wonder what he will do this year. They are drafting for luxury at this point.

I am always giddy about Brady. Love the guy.

I’d say there’s a good chuck of Patriots fan base who thinks the coach is an absolute idiot for drafting like crap for ten years and letting the greatest QB of all time leave while thinking he can coach up a washed up has been.

I’d rather have any five random people on this board run the draft than Belichick.

If you think I’m wrong please, please take the time to read the guys drafted since 08.

Yeah with Brady here we’d be in the playoffs every year still and always have a shot at a super bowl despite Bills awful personal decisions. But you’d prefer to say we aren’t fans.

Don’t worry I’ll be here in 5 years to remind y’all I was right.

Last edited:
I’d say there’s a good chuck of Patriots fan base who thinks the coach is an absolute idiot for drafting like crap for ten years and letting the greatest QB of all time leave while thinking he can coach up a washed up has been.

I’d rather have any five random people on this board run the draft than Belichick.

If you think I’m wrong please, please take the time to read the guys drafted since 08.

Yeah with Brady here we’d be in the playoffs every year still and always have a shot at a super bowl despite Bills awful personal decisions. But you’d prefer to say we aren’t fans.

Show us two other Patriot fans who agree with you here.

You’re not a Patriots fan. You’re a Brady fan. We’ve known this for a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I usually stay away from this thread, but I guess I'm bored.

Alright, I'll bite. How is Belichick an idiot having made the Super Bowl 9 times in 20 years and won two more as a DC? Maybe he's a savant if that's what you mean. You can't possibly say this was all on Brady.

The only game where it seemed like it was all Brady, the Pats lost the Super Bowl. Every other Super Bowl there were huge plays made by the defense to seal the game, or give Brady a chance. Any guess as to who the common denominator is between all those players? They were acquired by BB in some shape or form. Brady didn't recruit them. Brady sure as hell didn't coach them. And before you say it, it's not a slight towards Brady in the least. He did his job... but other players did, too. You know, the players all coached by BB.

Good lord midgar, did you read what I said? Here I'll put it in bold for you.

SkiptoMyLou said:

Alright, I'll bite. How is Belichick an idiot having made the Super Bowl 9 times in 20 years and won two more as a DC? Maybe he's a savant if that's what you mean. You can't possibly say this was all on Brady.

The only game where it seemed like it was all Brady, the Pats lost the Super Bowl. Every other Super Bowl there were huge plays made by the defense to seal the game, or give Brady a chance. Any guess as to who the common denominator is between all those players? They were acquired by BB in some shape or form. Brady didn't recruit them. Brady sure as hell didn't coach them. And before you say it, it's not a slight towards Brady in the least. He did his job... but other players did, too. You know, the players all coached by BB.

Not sure what this has to do with Brady vs Mahomes merchandise sales but whatevs...

I’m not trying to knock what Belichick did before 08. I just think he’s washed as a coach. He’s old, likes his guys, and it blinds him to talent in today’s NFL. And no. I don’t think he had much to do with the offensive successes of the past ten years.

Coaches reach an age limit just like players.

Last edited:
I’m not trying to knock what Belichick did before 08. I just think he’s washed as a coach. He’s old, likes his guys, and it blinds him to talent in today’s NFL. And no. I don’t think he had much to do with the offensive successes of the past ten years.

Coaches reach an age limit just like players.
In terms of your last sentence, Kraft recognized this which is why a team of people were brought in this offseason to help Bill with FA and the draft including Patricia. Smart move by Kraft at this stage and also good on Bill for being open to a more collaborative approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back