Tom Brady/Tampa Off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dew Tampa Bay had a great passing attack. Stop trying to come up excuses to spin it . That was one of reasons why he choose Tampa. No one is faulting Brady for it. HE finally gave them a QB that won't cost. Them games with stupid mistakes & turnovers . Gronk was the only player that he brought with him. AB didn't join the team until late into the season.
Brady talked Fournette into signing with them...BB was interested in signing him.

That's revisionist history though. Find me anyone, literally anyone, who has something on record saying the Bucs are "loaded" prior to the announcement Brady was joining them. Search for content from 2019-2020, it doesn't exist. Here is a random fan page evaluating the Combine and the strength of it vs the current roster, March 1st of last year:

Their assessment was that the Bucs had significant needs at offensive tackle, defensive tackle, and QB. That the Bucs needed a better WR3 than Perriman who they should let walk. That Brate was worth trading as a replacement could be found for him in the later rounds. That the jury was out on JPP, but it was better to bring him back this year and maybe look for a replacement next year.

At no point were they saying, the Bucs are just drafting for depth, they're so talented. Here's someone talking about the best options for Tampa at QB Feb 27th:

They weren't saying 'oh we'll have our pick, we're so loaded' or 'obviously Brady will want to come here to play with our incredible WRs and TEs'. They were thinking 'hey Andy Dalton's pretty ok and maybe we can get him' or 'Derek Carr might be realistic'. The only one calling them a sleeping giant was Peter King... in regards to the Tom Brady sweepstakes.

Peter King said this: "The one that I believe is the sleeping giant in this is Tampa Bay. And when I say that, if Jameis Winston is realistic with what his contract demands/requests, whatever they are, in my opinion he will be the quarterback of the Bucs next year" The article said this: "With guys like Brady and Philip Rivers on the open market, it wouldn’t be surprising if the Bucs tried to use them as leverage in their negotiations with Winston".

The idea that Tampa was this loaded team, or that last year Tampa was a QB away from being real contenders, is one which literally did not exist prior to Tom Brady signing for them. The fact that it's "universally agreed" speaks to things which are pretty dark and terrible to me, the idea that consensus can be fabricated by repeating something enough times. "Oh of course Tampa was loaded" everyone says, enough times until it's true. But literally no one was saying it all of last year, so if 'of course' it was true, why did no one express that belief whatsoever prior to Brady signing with them?
The Bucs were absolutely loaded before Brady signed...I've said it numerous times. I said that all the Bucs need is a legit coach (Arians isn't legit imo) and a legit QB.

That's revisionist history though. Find me anyone, literally anyone, who has something on record saying the Bucs are "loaded" prior to the announcement Brady was joining them. Search for content from 2019-2020, it doesn't exist. Here is a random fan page evaluating the Combine and the strength of it vs the current roster, March 1st of last year:

Their assessment was that the Bucs had significant needs at offensive tackle, defensive tackle, and QB. That the Bucs needed a better WR3 than Perriman who they should let walk. That Brate was worth trading as a replacement could be found for him in the later rounds. That the jury was out on JPP, but it was better to bring him back this year and maybe look for a replacement next year.

At no point were they saying, the Bucs are just drafting for depth, they're so talented. Here's someone talking about the best options for Tampa at QB Feb 27th:

They weren't saying 'oh we'll have our pick, we're so loaded' or 'obviously Brady will want to come here to play with our incredible WRs and TEs'. They were thinking 'hey Andy Dalton's pretty ok and maybe we can get him' or 'Derek Carr might be realistic'. The only one calling them a sleeping giant was Peter King... in regards to the Tom Brady sweepstakes.

Peter King said this: "The one that I believe is the sleeping giant in this is Tampa Bay. And when I say that, if Jameis Winston is realistic with what his contract demands/requests, whatever they are, in my opinion he will be the quarterback of the Bucs next year" The article said this: "With guys like Brady and Philip Rivers on the open market, it wouldn’t be surprising if the Bucs tried to use them as leverage in their negotiations with Winston".

The idea that Tampa was this loaded team, or that last year Tampa was a QB away from being real contenders, is one which literally did not exist prior to Tom Brady signing for them. The fact that it's "universally agreed" speaks to things which are pretty dark and terrible to me, the idea that consensus can be fabricated by repeating something enough times. "Oh of course Tampa was loaded" everyone says, enough times until it's true. But literally no one was saying it all of last year, so if 'of course' it was true, why did no one express that belief whatsoever prior to Brady signing with them?

Anyone with clear eyesight could see that TB was loaded. The only weaknesses in 2019 were their QB and their underperforming O-line.
That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Bucs were absolutely loaded before Brady signed...I've said it numerous times. I said that all the Bucs need is a legit coach (Arians isn't legit imo) and a legit QB.
Anyone with clear eyesight could see that TB was loaded. The only weaknesses in 2019 were their QB and their underperforming O-line.
That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Said it multiple times... before Brady signed with them? Care to provide some quotes?

Anyone with clear eyesight... before Brady signed with them? If so then why didn't they say it?

Again the argument is not that no one is saying the Bucs are loaded now. Find me folks saying they were loaded in November, or December, or January, or February of 2020, Before Brady entered the picture. It's revisionist history, that just isn't what folks were saying.

Said it multiple times... before Brady signed with them? Care to provide some quotes?

Anyone with clear eyesight... before Brady signed with them? If so then why didn't they say it?

Again the argument is not that no one is saying the Bucs are loaded now. Find me folks saying they were loaded in November, or December, or January, or February of 2020, Before Brady entered the picture. It's revisionist history, that just isn't what folks were saying.
Yes, before Brady signed there...go look through my posts, you'll find them.

...someone somewhere said something uncomplimentary about Tom Brady and that cannot be allowed to stand.

Awesome. You lasted about 17 minutes and didn't even have time to change your forum ID.

Brady's Replacement is in the house:

64. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – QB Kyle Trask, Florida​

He led FBS with 43 TD passes in 2020. Trask is huge at 6-5 and 236 pounds, but doesn't necessarily possess the huge arm Bruce Arians generally favors. Lightly recruited out of high school, Trask could find something in common with 2000 sixth-rounder Tom Brady as the Bucs bring in a potential successor once TB12 decides he's had enough ... which is at least age 45 according to the five-time Super Bowl MVP.

Yes, before Brady signed there...go look through my posts, you'll find them.
You said to, so I looked through your posts. Between November 2019 and February 2020 you...
- Quoted a post about throwback uniforms (the bucs were on the list); quoted something about Kaepernick's workout (the bucs were on the list); and quoted a post about the KC / Titans game (the Bucs were anecdotally referenced). That was it. At no point that I can find did you ever say they were loaded, in any context, within that time period before Brady was on the scene. Possible I missed something but no, I looked through your posts, I did not find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back