Tom Brady/Tampa Off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dew Tampa Bay had a great passing attack. Stop trying to come up excuses to spin it . That was one of reasons why he choose Tampa. No one is faulting Brady for it. HE finally gave them a QB that won't cost. Them games with stupid mistakes & turnovers . Gronk was the only player that he brought with him. AB didn't join the team until late into the season.
Brady talked Fournette into signing with them...BB was interested in signing him.

That's revisionist history though. Find me anyone, literally anyone, who has something on record saying the Bucs are "loaded" prior to the announcement Brady was joining them. Search for content from 2019-2020, it doesn't exist. Here is a random fan page evaluating the Combine and the strength of it vs the current roster, March 1st of last year:

Their assessment was that the Bucs had significant needs at offensive tackle, defensive tackle, and QB. That the Bucs needed a better WR3 than Perriman who they should let walk. That Brate was worth trading as a replacement could be found for him in the later rounds. That the jury was out on JPP, but it was better to bring him back this year and maybe look for a replacement next year.

At no point were they saying, the Bucs are just drafting for depth, they're so talented. Here's someone talking about the best options for Tampa at QB Feb 27th:

They weren't saying 'oh we'll have our pick, we're so loaded' or 'obviously Brady will want to come here to play with our incredible WRs and TEs'. They were thinking 'hey Andy Dalton's pretty ok and maybe we can get him' or 'Derek Carr might be realistic'. The only one calling them a sleeping giant was Peter King... in regards to the Tom Brady sweepstakes.

Peter King said this: "The one that I believe is the sleeping giant in this is Tampa Bay. And when I say that, if Jameis Winston is realistic with what his contract demands/requests, whatever they are, in my opinion he will be the quarterback of the Bucs next year" The article said this: "With guys like Brady and Philip Rivers on the open market, it wouldn’t be surprising if the Bucs tried to use them as leverage in their negotiations with Winston".

The idea that Tampa was this loaded team, or that last year Tampa was a QB away from being real contenders, is one which literally did not exist prior to Tom Brady signing for them. The fact that it's "universally agreed" speaks to things which are pretty dark and terrible to me, the idea that consensus can be fabricated by repeating something enough times. "Oh of course Tampa was loaded" everyone says, enough times until it's true. But literally no one was saying it all of last year, so if 'of course' it was true, why did no one express that belief whatsoever prior to Brady signing with them?
The Bucs were absolutely loaded before Brady signed...I've said it numerous times. I said that all the Bucs need is a legit coach (Arians isn't legit imo) and a legit QB.

That's revisionist history though. Find me anyone, literally anyone, who has something on record saying the Bucs are "loaded" prior to the announcement Brady was joining them. Search for content from 2019-2020, it doesn't exist. Here is a random fan page evaluating the Combine and the strength of it vs the current roster, March 1st of last year:

Their assessment was that the Bucs had significant needs at offensive tackle, defensive tackle, and QB. That the Bucs needed a better WR3 than Perriman who they should let walk. That Brate was worth trading as a replacement could be found for him in the later rounds. That the jury was out on JPP, but it was better to bring him back this year and maybe look for a replacement next year.

At no point were they saying, the Bucs are just drafting for depth, they're so talented. Here's someone talking about the best options for Tampa at QB Feb 27th:

They weren't saying 'oh we'll have our pick, we're so loaded' or 'obviously Brady will want to come here to play with our incredible WRs and TEs'. They were thinking 'hey Andy Dalton's pretty ok and maybe we can get him' or 'Derek Carr might be realistic'. The only one calling them a sleeping giant was Peter King... in regards to the Tom Brady sweepstakes.

Peter King said this: "The one that I believe is the sleeping giant in this is Tampa Bay. And when I say that, if Jameis Winston is realistic with what his contract demands/requests, whatever they are, in my opinion he will be the quarterback of the Bucs next year" The article said this: "With guys like Brady and Philip Rivers on the open market, it wouldn’t be surprising if the Bucs tried to use them as leverage in their negotiations with Winston".

The idea that Tampa was this loaded team, or that last year Tampa was a QB away from being real contenders, is one which literally did not exist prior to Tom Brady signing for them. The fact that it's "universally agreed" speaks to things which are pretty dark and terrible to me, the idea that consensus can be fabricated by repeating something enough times. "Oh of course Tampa was loaded" everyone says, enough times until it's true. But literally no one was saying it all of last year, so if 'of course' it was true, why did no one express that belief whatsoever prior to Brady signing with them?

Anyone with clear eyesight could see that TB was loaded. The only weaknesses in 2019 were their QB and their underperforming O-line.
That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This thread is defend Brady at all costs. They don't want to admit . He went to TB because they had a good defense . One of Best WR's duos in the NFL . That got better with Addition of Gronk & fournette . AB later in the season .
Oh man that was going to be my last post, but I found something that was just too great. I went through the Brady going to Tampa thread, and with all of Pats09 BS of Brady going to a stacked superbowl team here was his first post when he found out Brady was going to Tampa.

"

Quote from Patsfan09:
And the 28th ranked defense, a terrible run game, and a below average O-line .

Doesn’t seem like a smart move by Tom.

Someone let Patsfan09 know that he basically said brady was an idiot going to that shit team, but now since they won the superbowl, they were stacked. Man, its going to be tough leaving this board, some of you are way to predictable.

The Bucs were absolutely loaded before Brady signed...I've said it numerous times. I said that all the Bucs need is a legit coach (Arians isn't legit imo) and a legit QB.
Anyone with clear eyesight could see that TB was loaded. The only weaknesses in 2019 were their QB and their underperforming O-line.
That’s it.

Said it multiple times... before Brady signed with them? Care to provide some quotes?

Anyone with clear eyesight... before Brady signed with them? If so then why didn't they say it?

Again the argument is not that no one is saying the Bucs are loaded now. Find me folks saying they were loaded in November, or December, or January, or February of 2020, Before Brady entered the picture. It's revisionist history, that just isn't what folks were saying.

Said it multiple times... before Brady signed with them? Care to provide some quotes?

Anyone with clear eyesight... before Brady signed with them? If so then why didn't they say it?

Again the argument is not that no one is saying the Bucs are loaded now. Find me folks saying they were loaded in November, or December, or January, or February of 2020, Before Brady entered the picture. It's revisionist history, that just isn't what folks were saying.
Yes, before Brady signed there...go look through my posts, you'll find them.

I found the thread where Brady signed with him. Lets say nobody on here was saying that. lol In patsfan09 pretty much thought Brady screwed up badly.

...someone somewhere said something uncomplimentary about Tom Brady and that cannot be allowed to stand.

Awesome. You lasted about 17 minutes and didn't even have time to change your forum ID.
No someone lied or let hindsight cause them to argue something they completely disagreed with. I'm still leaving the board, but this was too good. I found some of your old posts too, especially in the has brady lost his mojo thread. lol.

The funny thing is chev was about the only one that thought Brady would have success no matter where he went in that thread. Most didnt really say one way or another a few were flat out insistent that Brady was screwed if he left the pats. Roberto was spot on, so was some others. Then the thread started in on how Brady had declined so he will not be good on the bucs and that was done and should retire. Then lots of Pats will win more games with Stidham, this was back when everyone thought stidham was Joe Montana. Boy spacecrime really was hitting that home. Then space went into how Brady would start off well and then the wheels would come off as the season went along. Oh then a few said that Brady is only going to tampa to further his brand and he does not really care about winning superbowls anymore. Man this thread was great. Then someone said the pats will be a bottom 10 offense in 2020 and man, he got torched for saying that...I do not remember where the pats offense ranked to go see if they were right. Toward the end, it turned into that the reason the offense struggled was because Brady is done and the weapons were fine. Well quite a thread.

Brady's Replacement is in the house:

64. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – QB Kyle Trask, Florida​

He led FBS with 43 TD passes in 2020. Trask is huge at 6-5 and 236 pounds, but doesn't necessarily possess the huge arm Bruce Arians generally favors. Lightly recruited out of high school, Trask could find something in common with 2000 sixth-rounder Tom Brady as the Bucs bring in a potential successor once TB12 decides he's had enough ... which is at least age 45 according to the five-time Super Bowl MVP.

Devin White was the real SB MVP
Weird thing is Devin White never went to the playoffs before Brady, I bet he appreciates him more than pats fans do. Ah here we are...Yeah I think he was ok with it.

Brady's Replacement is in the house:

64. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – QB Kyle Trask, Florida​

He led FBS with 43 TD passes in 2020. Trask is huge at 6-5 and 236 pounds, but doesn't necessarily possess the huge arm Bruce Arians generally favors. Lightly recruited out of high school, Trask could find something in common with 2000 sixth-rounder Tom Brady as the Bucs bring in a potential successor once TB12 decides he's had enough ... which is at least age 45 according to the five-time Super Bowl MVP.
Didnt you say that about Stidham?:dancingcucumber:
I mean yeah at some point Brady will retire, I think you have to fill the position after that. They didnt really have that on the roster. Might as well take a shot that Trask can do something he is learning from the goat.
Oh wait, I found another good post from that thread...check this out.

"Tom Curran actually made a good point in his article yesterday. The Patriots and the success there is not just simple down to Belichick and Brady. It's the whole infrastructure that's been built up there over the past 20 years and that is also down to Kraft. The quality of the facilities, the support staff, the way BB pays the reserve team players more than other teams to keep them in NE and ensure he has great scout teams every week etc. All of that, Tom won't be able to replicate on his own in Tampa."

I like this poster so I will not say their name.

Oh another good one...
"This is going to be one of the most interesting things about Tampa Tommy.

Arians has suggested he'll run whatever Brady wants to run, but it seems like a massive stretch to think they'll scrap what they had and adopt the complex "sight-read-option" style that he ran here for almost his entire career.

I think that'd be a formula for disaster and with guys like Evans and Godwin you don't want to leash their natural talents in by forcing all of them to try and get on the same page using our system in one off-season. That ain't happening.

We've seen the issues with just trying to add a guy or two into the WR rotation-- only a few guys seem to get it right away and a lot of them never do or struggle for a while.

I think we'll see Brady running a conventional NFL offense featuring a lot of deep patterns and I have my doubts that he can handle that very well, but it'll be a fun train wreck to see him try.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I think the odds are higher that he has a really shitty year than a great one."

Man dwight really hit some great points, he was basically the only one that was saying Brady would do well after he left and that the pats would fall hard on offense, and boy was he taking a beating for it.

I also like this poster, so I will not call it out. But yeah lets just say the mind set around here was that Brady was not going to be much after he left here, but since he won the superbowl, now the talk is, well of course he did he went to the greatest team ever, the Tampa Bay Bucs!!! Man for some of you calling people bucs fans, you seem to like them more than anyone.

Last edited:
Yes, before Brady signed there...go look through my posts, you'll find them.
You said to, so I looked through your posts. Between November 2019 and February 2020 you...
- Quoted a post about throwback uniforms (the bucs were on the list); quoted something about Kaepernick's workout (the bucs were on the list); and quoted a post about the KC / Titans game (the Bucs were anecdotally referenced). That was it. At no point that I can find did you ever say they were loaded, in any context, within that time period before Brady was on the scene. Possible I missed something but no, I looked through your posts, I did not find them.

No one was talking about a stacked team. Until Gronk & Fournette joined him. They had a very strong Recieving group . That's one of big reasons Brady choose them.
Yeah I read through the thread when gronk went there, boy thats all the pats fans could talk about was how Gronk was going to save the day. Yeah not so much, more prediction of failure for Gronk when he got there. As far as Fournette he didnt even play until their starter got hurt. Also, no not why Brady chose them, brady chose them because they are the team that offered him a contract. There were not 20 teams out there offering him anything. He almost went to Tampa by default. I think Brady chose them because they were a flat out losing team who had more losses in the last 20 years than any team in the NFL...I didnt hear how great they were until after the superbowl, hell even leading up to the superbowl every prediction was the other team they played. For an all time stacked team they didnt get much respect. Gronk basically blocked for more of the time he was there until the bucs starting TE went out for the season. Gronk was basically playing blocker.

You said to, so I looked through your posts. Between November 2019 and February 2020 you...
- Quoted a post about throwback uniforms (the bucs were on the list); quoted something about Kaepernick's workout (the bucs were on the list); and quoted a post about the KC / Titans game (the Bucs were anecdotally referenced). That was it. At no point that I can find did you ever say they were loaded, in any context, within that time period before Brady was on the scene. Possible I missed something but no, I looked through your posts, I did not find them.
AS I said, I went through the entire 48 page Brady signed with tampa thread. The only people that did not think Brady was going to fall on his face on that sorry team was me, Dwight, chev at the start and then he changed his mind, and a few people that hardly post here, the rest was predictions of Brady not being able to do shit with that awful coach, that horrible oline and that sorry 28th ranked defense. Nobody said stacked team or anything even close. king did predict the pats would go 11-5 though. He didnt really say much about brady leaving.

Ok this was fun, one last harrah. Kings no hard feelings you are a great guy, but I will say this, a team being so called stacked or gathering players in the offseason and all that, this is not wins the superbowl. Tampa could not get out of their own way with that stacked team. What Brady brought there is what put them over the top, its more than throwing the ball, its about leadership, situational football, knowing when to go fast or go slow, knowing when you have to do something and when you should hang back. Tampa did not know how to win and it didnt matter what players they had. Brady saw some holes and he filled them with people he recruited there, like Gronk and Fournette, which by the way nobody wanted. This was a huge factor that the pats lost when Brady left, not his throwing and things like that, it was the other things that when players step into the huddle and look at them, they feel they can win. Not everyone can pull that off.

I love this thread.
The great thing about this thread was it was made so mazz could talk about Brady and tampa offseason so that it would not get in the way of the pats stuff, people said to make it so she did so they did not have to bear that talk, yet the same people that cried about that come over here. lol Its quite comical. Fact is Brady will always be a subject with the Pats regardless of who likes it or not. It will never go away, and frankly not sure why a pats fan would want it to. But thats why we all have our own voices. You guys live strong and be nice to animals. I will see you on the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back