Tom Brady/Tampa Off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He already had that input while he was here. You seem to have already forgotten the famous weekly meetings Bill and Tom had? Where Tom would go over the game plan with Bill and tell him what he seen from the upcoming defenses from watching film etc. The meetings where Bill said he was under more pressure than Tom due to Tom being so well prepared.

It's sheer nonsense to suggest Bill never listened to Tom or that Tom had no input.
You're wasting your time. Just appreciate that Brady doesn't appear in the Patriots forums.

He knows more about football and certainly offense than most coaches in the game. Let him have some input, put his fingerprint on some things because he knows what he is doing and it will help the team.
He probably knows more than Arians, but not more than Belichick. With the Patriots he had a fingerprint on the offense, but not control. I doubt he had a say in the defense.

He seemed to be fine with this until BB went to a more run-oriented offense. Not sure why, but BB is smarter than you and I put together. Maybe it was the way defenses are trending to defend the pass. I don't know. But that's when Tom got really pissy.

With Arians, evidently, at least according to you, Brady has control of the offense. With factoring in opposing defenses, you get a "We do what we do - try to stop us" offense like the Steelers used for a while. And it worked for a while for the Steelers. But it didn't take long to figure out what was happening and defend the We-Do-What-We-Do.

Brady has done well for one year with the Bucs. Eli did well against the Pats for two years by catching lightning in a bottle, and Eli isn't even Elite. let alone the GOAT.

Just tone it down a bit. Try to accept that he is a QB, one of 11 players on the field. We all know Bardy is the GOAT QB. It doesn't mean he's Lombardi or Belichick.

He already had that input while he was here. You seem to have already forgotten the famous weekly meetings Bill and Tom had? Where Tom would go over the game plan with Bill and tell him what he seen from the upcoming defenses from watching film etc. The meetings where Bill said he was under more pressure than Tom due to Tom being so well prepared.

It's sheer nonsense to suggest Bill never listened to Tom or that Tom had no input.
That's a strawman. I was not saying Tom had zero input in anything. I am talking about a maturation beyond weekly game plans. Tom was looking to do more at a higher level, to have more collaboration on a scheme/personnel level. To put his imprint on the offense. That is what Tampa is providing and getting a super motivated player as a result that then transcends to the team.

That's a strawman. I was not saying Tom had zero input in anything. I am talking about a maturation beyond weekly game plans. Tom was looking to do more at a higher level, to have more collaboration on a scheme/personnel level. To put his imprint on the offense. That is what Tampa is providing and getting a super motivated player as a result that then transcends to the team.
Tom is a player Mazz. As much as it kills you, he's a player, not a coach. He has zero clue and would have zero input on FA, drafting, running the scout teams, dealing with ownership, the league front office, how to run a defense, special teams etc etc. Brady has one single area to focus on like any player, his immediate position.

Again, Tom is a player.

Your making Everything is about Brady. The Coaches & GMs should get his approval on anything. F BB he didn't give him that power. He treated him like johnny Foxboro according to Gisele.
That's kind of the point. Surely there is a happy middle ground between getting his approval and treating him like Johnny Foxboro. For an example of how that might work see Tampa Bay.

That's the difference between someone that's roots for a player. You make everything about him. Instead of a team. Patriots under BB has been no one's more important . Then the team. You didn't last long you acted different.
This isn't about a player being more important to the team. You just want to make it that way because you believe "Bill's Way" is the only way despite Tampa proving last year that another way can be just as successful. And that way is the way Bill should have gone with Brady the last several years as we would STILL be contending and winning chips if he did.

This isn't about a player being more important to the team. You just want to make it that way because you believe "Bill's Way" is the only way despite Tampa proving last year that another way can be just as successful. And that way is the way Bill should have gone with Brady the last several years as we would STILL be contending and winning chips if he did.

No we wouldn't be. The team needed a total re-build.

That's kind of the point. Surely there is a happy middle ground between getting his approval and treating him like Johnny Foxboro. For an example of how that might work see Tampa Bay.

LOL.
Arians is a weak minded “players” coach.
Just look how successful he was pre-Brady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Based on Brady’s little reaction in that interview, seems pretty clear that no one else wanted Brady.
He’s probably referring to either Tannehill or Trubisky.

So yeah, literally the only team with a real offer was TB. Saints May have low balled an offer to him too.

And whose fault is that?

Nobody's fault. Every single team in any team sport has to re-build due to, you know, things like players retiring, moving on etc? The Patriots went 10 years in between their 3rd and 4th SB, that's 10 whole seasons. The team needed a total re-build after the SB winning players, especially on Defense left. That took quite a while. You can't build new teams overnight.

Instead keeping living in past . blaming BB for Brady not being a Patriot . People posts just keep coming back to it. Talk about current season.
I do talk about our upcoming season in the other threads. This is the Brady thread so of course the past is going to come up given he just won the chip with Tampa and is the favorite this year. Bill royally screwed the Pats by not having a Qb succession plan after he traded Jimmy.

I agree with you. That BB F up last year. He refused to address. the huge weakness at QB& WR in Draft . Only Few teams in NFL history had a good succession plan from a elite QB.
The way I see it - he had 2 choices once he traded Jimmy. Either extend Brady or draft/acquire a legit Qb. He did neither.
That is the part that really bothers fans especially fans that wanted Brady to finish his career a Patriot. Bill had no one. He got awful Cam on June 28.

. The succession was just a excuse. . People just couldn't accept the fact Brady left. So they kept hijacking almost all Patriots threads.
. We had 1 bad year while being in Cap hell under Cam. BB did one hell of a job addressing the weakness this off season. While drafting the future QB. While Brady went on to win another SB. He had his entire team returning. So let the BB hate go. Brady happy with his current team.

I’m still waiting for these idiotic Brady worshippers to name ONE QB whom BB should have drafted and groomed.

Just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back