Tribute To Peyton* In 18 Words

BradyGirl

Reaction score
To counter all the gushing on ESPN, I'm taking a page from them and writing my tribute to Pey-Pey* in 18 words:

Peyton, you were the NFL's biggest fraud, a cheat, and sexual assaulter. Great regular season quarterback, lousy playoff performer.

I cheated and used 19 words, but I figured ManninHGH* wouldn't mind.

I can do it in just 5 words.

Biggest Underachiever in team sports.

Good QB, but also a whiny underachieving loser whose teams won rings in spite of his poor postseasons.

Forever upstaged by a sixth round pick on the field and off of it.

manning2202_228x181.jpg

You always sucked better than any other QB in NFL history.

ManninHGH offered back up role for several teams. In light of this and sexual assault allegations - he retires.

...nothing in his [football] life
Became him like the leaving it...--fractured Shakespeare

How long until you pitch isotoner gloves, so the tittle of this generation's Dan Marino will be complete.

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … let's just say we had some problems with protection."

17 words, but since he shouldn't have had #18 in Denver because he had to make them unretire it, I think 17 is just fine.

Proof that Peyton is junk:

“Peyton Manning’s extraordinary career was driven by his talent, an incredible work ethic, and an unwavering desire to be the best and ended so perfectly for him with a Super Bowl victory. Peyton’s competitive fire and love of the game made him a legendary player who thrilled fans for a generation. He has served as a great representative of the NFL both on the field and in his community. We are forever grateful for Peyton’s unmatched contributions to the game and know that his success will continue in the next phase of his life.”
- Roger Goodell, NFL Commissioner

Proof that Peyton is junk:

“Peyton Manning’s extraordinary career was driven by his talent, an incredible work ethic, and an unwavering desire to be the best and ended so perfectly for him with a Super Bowl victory. Peyton’s competitive fire and love of the game made him a legendary player who thrilled fans for a generation. He has served as a great representative of the NFL both on the field and in his community. We are forever grateful for Peyton’s unmatched contributions to the game and know that his success will continue in the next phase of his life.”
- Roger Goodell, NFL Commissioner

May Goodell be long gone before the Brady Retirement Party.

Won three out of four championship games vs the Patriots, and won 66.7% of his Championship games in NFL career (AFC Championships plus Super Bowls). Only a few QBs have a higher winning percentage in Championship games, and did it all with average defenses at his disposal for most of his career, and well below average special teams. He could win with below average all around teams around him, good offense, average to below average defenses, and very poor special team, not to mention average coaching staffs. Pretty good career, all in all.

Are the media going to castrate PM for :

1)smirking when being asked about the teabagging thing?
2) talking about god and quoting bible verses?

You know,just so we can ferret out who is a freaking hypocrite here.
I didn't see wifey there but his kids were there.

I think Brady and BB both said it much better than anyone here can or will.

Back