Tribute To Peyton* In 18 Words

One of the all time greats. Will miss rooting against him.

We'll be hearing about this soon

1. Tom Terrific ‏<s>@</s>TomFcknBrady <small class="time"> </small>
    I heard during Peyton's retirement press conference when asked about the sexual allegations the feed cut off.......
    1f602.png
    <s>@</s>espn

mandy shahara ‏<s>@</s>siesienna<small class="time">17m17 minutes ago </small> New Hampshire, USA
    <s>@</s>TomFcknBrady it did. Another one if those ESPN mysteries.

David ‏<s>@</s>Watooosh<small class="time">10m10 minutes ago </small>
    <s>@</s>siesienna <s>@</s>TomFcknBrady heard it just a coincidence, ahhahaha lmao

mandy shahara ‏<s>@</s>siesienna <small class="time"> 8m8 minutes ago </small> New Hampshire, USA
    <s>@</s>Watooosh have it dvr'd. It starts with her question and ends when he finishes his answer. Today was wrong day to ask but still smh.

Won three out of four championship games vs the Patriots, and won 66.7% of his Championship games in NFL career (AFC Championships plus Super Bowls). Only a few QBs have a higher winning percentage in Championship games, and did it all with average defenses at his disposal for most of his career, and well below average special teams. He could win with below average all around teams around him, good offense, average to below average defenses, and very poor special team, not to mention average coaching staffs. Pretty good career, all in all.

Average defenses?

Well let's look at those "championship game" teams.

'06 had a healthy Bob Sanders for a change.

That made a huge difference for that defense and he was the post season MVP for the Colts, IMHO.

I wouldn't call that defense during those playoffs "average".

They averaged 16.25 points/game in those playoffs.

'09?

They were ranked #8 in points allowed that year.

'13?

That Bronco's defense was ranked #2 in DVOA.

Far from "average".

'15?

Well if that was an "average" defense, then well, I don't know just what it takes to be "good".

So it simply isn't true that in his "championship" seasons he had "average" defenses.

Oh and if we look at his total post season record, it's 14-13, but hey 9 one and dones will do that to you.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

We'll be hearing about this soon

1. Tom Terrific ‏<s>@</s>TomFcknBrady <small class="time"> </small>
    I heard during Peyton's retirement press conference when asked about the sexual allegations the feed cut off.......
    1f602.png
    <s>@</s>espn

mandy shahara ‏<s>@</s>siesienna<small class="time">17m17 minutes ago </small> New Hampshire, USA
    <s>@</s>TomFcknBrady it did. Another one if those ESPN mysteries.

David ‏<s>@</s>Watooosh<small class="time">10m10 minutes ago </small>
    <s>@</s>siesienna <s>@</s>TomFcknBrady heard it just a coincidence, ahhahaha lmao

mandy shahara ‏<s>@</s>siesienna <small class="time"> 8m8 minutes ago </small> New Hampshire, USA
    <s>@</s>Watooosh have it dvr'd. It starts with her question and ends when he finishes his answer. Today was wrong day to ask but still smh.

It was probably the Patriots. Everyone knows that they fvck with the communications of other teams.

Forget Lipton, Tetley, Salada: too wimpy. Go for the gusto, get Peyton tea bags - the in-your-face tea bag.

(In-your-face counts as one word, because hypens happen.)

Top 5 all time QB.

Crappy attitude and ads.

Never put a team on his back in playoffs.

Won three out of four championship games vs the Patriots, and won 66.7% of his Championship games in NFL career (AFC Championships plus Super Bowls). Only a few QBs have a higher winning percentage in Championship games, and did it all with average defenses at his disposal for most of his career, and well below average special teams. He could win with below average all around teams around him, good offense, average to below average defenses, and very poor special team, not to mention average coaching staffs. Pretty good career, all in all.

Average defenses? He had 3 td's and 7 ints in his first SB run, in one of those games, his team did not even enter the endzone and they won. In the superbowl despite 2 turnovers, and going 3 and out about 10 times, they gave up 10 points 7 of which was a direct result of Peyton screwing up. So please tell me these superbowls he won with a average defense? Fact of the matter is, anytime he had to do a lot to win, he failed. If you want to see what winning and having a bad defense game looks like go to last year when the pats played the ravens. You think Manning could win a game like that? Or come back down 10 in a superbowl? LMAO. Fact is, the only thing he ever won was on the back of a team that won in spite of his crap play.

Yeah and Revis is FAT. Not the good FAT either. :thwak:

brilliant reply:clap:

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

One of the players who pats fans would circle jerk over if he were a patriot

brilliant reply:clap:

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

One of the players who pats fans would circle jerk over if he were a patriot

So salty. I understand. Losing Fitz to FA and potentially having glass jaw Geno back as your starter would make anyone a little edgy.

So salty. I understand. Losing Fitz to FA and potentially having glass jaw Geno back as your starter would make anyone a little edgy.
And yet another dead on topic response.

Yeah the two SB's were not Manning based.

we know Denvers D was top three all time in his second SB win

in his 1st you forget that Adam V beat the Ravens 15-12, the Pass defense was number 3 that season and the sack duo of Freeney and Mathis were the best in the NFL. And the Pat sucked wind in that game with Caldwell dropping several passes while the team was sick - not an excuse but part of the story - Colts won.

the two losses were embarrassing, hell the Pats gave Chicago a better game with Eason the skirt wearing QB starting the game.

And yet another dead on topic response.

Can't help it. When Jests fans show up, I just have to rank on their team. Just so MUCH fodder to choose from.

Manning retirement inspires nasty attacks on reporter

By James Warren • March 8, 2016
Good morning.

• How USA TODAY reporter "spoiled" farewell fawning
    Peyton Manning was asked 10 questions at his retirement press conference, with nine predictably reverential and generally banal. But USA TODAY sports reporter Lindsay Jones courteously inquired about sexual harassment allegations that have resurfaced and date to his college days. The famously organized quarterback, whose advisers include former White House spokesman Ari Fleischer, referenced "Forrest Gump" as part of a clearly premeditated response as he made eye contact with Jones. “...And so this is a joyous day, and it’s a special day, and like Forrest Gump said, that’s all I have to say about that.” There was laughter in the room. Presumably folks thought the rather lame Gump line to be funny. The laughs elicited a quick condemnation in a column by Jones' Washington-based colleague, Christine Brennan, who's chided sports media for giving only modest attention to the harassment allegations. (USA TODAY)
    What then ensued for Jones was not the least bit funny. In a phone chat last night, she told me that she was bombarded with sexist, nasty and X-rated hate emails and tweets. Many said she was on a witch hunt, just trying to make a name for herself. "I pride myself on being fair and accurate, so that was frustrating." Ultimately, she turned off her "notifications" on Tweetdeck. "I couldn't keep up with them; the majority were very ugly, horrible, hateful, disgusting." There were some nice mentions, too, but mostly from other journalists. As for the initial press conference coverage from ESPN, it was a fawning homage to Manning. (Poynter) Only much later did ESPN include any on-air reference to Jones' questions. This morning its online story buries the matter in the final paragraphs (ESPN), placing far less emphasis on it than some others. (The New York Times) Jones' was very much an appropriate question to ask, even if it briefly pierced an air of adulation.
Lindsay Jones ‏<s>@</s>bylindsayhjones <small class="time">https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones/status/706913667627884544 </small>
Manning deserved a chance to respond to what everyone has been saying about him for the last month. I had to ask.
The Manning family is here: Olivia, Archie, Cooper. Don't see Eli.

lmao

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-new...nference-tennessee-sexual-assault-allegations

Peyton Manning got rave reviews for his teary 12-minute retirement speech on Monday.

As for the press conference that followed? The now former Broncos quarterback completely blew it.

Hand it to USA Today's Lindsay H. Jones, who asked the smartest, toughest question of the session. Shame on Manning for ending his answer with another joke.

Manning deserved a chance to respond to what everyone has been saying about him for the last month. I had to ask.

— Lindsay Jones (@bylindsayhjones) March 7, 2016

Yes, someone should have asked about how the resurfacing of a sexual assault case at the University of Tennessee has hung over Manning's legacy like a black cloud ever since the Broncos won Super Bowl 50 a month ago. It was the right time to do it, because who knows if there will be another time he would ever need to talk about it?

In essence, the presser served as a celebration of Manning's playing past and present. As he tends to do, and did for the last time as an NFL player, Manning disarmed much of the media watching with his folksy charm.

Jones' question then prompted most serious and least emotional moment.

"It is sad that some people don't understand the truth and the facts. I did not do what has been alleged and I'm not interested in re-litigating something that happened when I was 19 years old," Manning said. "Kind of like my dad used to say when I was in trouble, I can't say it any plainer than that."

He should have stopped there. However, it was what came next that was really disappointing.

"This is a joyous day, this is a special day. Like Forrest Gump said, 'That's all I have to say about that.''"

Then came the laughter in the presser again. All good, right?

There's no doubt Manning's humor has been a big reason he has become everyone's favorite media darling over the past 18 years. It's also why he can deftly deflect any of the limited criticism he has faced.

It doesn't get any more folksy than channeling the fictional epitome of simple Southern stupidity. You can bet Manning — someone lauded for being so smart — acting so dumb wasn't so funny to Jamie Naughright.

An apology would have been a lot more enduring than a joke. It was all right there for Manning to do anything other than treat it as chance for another one-line zinger.

Manning is well deserving of having his great career on the field praised in so many ways. But when he was given an opportunity to really improve his legacy off it, he whiffed.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-new...nference-tennessee-sexual-assault-allegations

Peyton Manning got rave reviews for his teary 12-minute retirement speech on Monday.

As for the press conference that followed? The now former Broncos quarterback completely blew it.

Hand it to USA Today's Lindsay H. Jones, who asked the smartest, toughest question of the session. Shame on Manning for ending his answer with another joke.

— Lindsay Jones (@bylindsayhjones) March 7, 2016

Yes, someone should have asked about how the resurfacing of a sexual assault case at the University of Tennessee has hung over Manning's legacy like a black cloud ever since the Broncos won Super Bowl 50 a month ago. It was the right time to do it, because who knows if there will be another time he would ever need to talk about it?

In essence, the presser served as a celebration of Manning's playing past and present. As he tends to do, and did for the last time as an NFL player, Manning disarmed much of the media watching with his folksy charm.

Jones' question then prompted most serious and least emotional moment.

"It is sad that some people don't understand the truth and the facts. I did not do what has been alleged and I'm not interested in re-litigating something that happened when I was 19 years old," Manning said. "Kind of like my dad used to say when I was in trouble, I can't say it any plainer than that."

He should have stopped there. However, it was what came next that was really disappointing.

"This is a joyous day, this is a special day. Like Forrest Gump said, 'That's all I have to say about that.''"

Then came the laughter in the presser again. All good, right?

There's no doubt Manning's humor has been a big reason he has become everyone's favorite media darling over the past 18 years. It's also why he can deftly deflect any of the limited criticism he has faced.

It doesn't get any more folksy than channeling the fictional epitome of simple Southern stupidity. You can bet Manning — someone lauded for being so smart — acting so dumb wasn't so funny to Jamie Naughright.

An apology would have been a lot more enduring than a joke. It was all right there for Manning to do anything other than treat it as chance for another one-line zinger.

Manning is well deserving of having his great career on the field praised in so many ways. But when he was given an opportunity to really improve his legacy off it, he whiffed.

He said more than that. He also talked about how he missed the days when all that was talked was his performance on the field and how he got compared to Marino and Barkely. It was frankly disgusting.

I agree with this reporter. He blew it big time. It would have been better to just say "I can't say anything about that for legal reasons" instead of continuing to claim his innocence and then cracking an ill timed joke.

And nothing about the HGH. (ie are you retiring now to avoid the results of an investigation)
He got off pretty lucky IMO.
I still don't get how someone who scripts everything and reads off of it is called smart. Someone who handles things well as they come up is smart.

And nothing about the HGH. (ie are you retiring now to avoid the results of an investigation)
He got off pretty lucky IMO.
I still don't get how someone who scripts everything and reads off of it is called smart. Someone who handles things well as they come up is smart.

Or not a liar.

Back