Trouble In Packerland - Where It Went Wrong

It seems that sports need a 'face'. Who that 'face' is can be subjective based on a number of different factors, but it's generally a guy who, amongst other accomplishments, has multiple championships under his belt and/or plays for a historic franchise. Additionally, fantasy football is sickeningly huge. Rodgers puts up big fantasy numbers and plays for a historic franchise. Make a lot of highlight reel plays. Therefore, he's the face of the NFL. Before him it was ManniHGH.

Agree 100%, the NFL wants a face for the fans to follow and to generate more fans. It helps if this face also ties himself of sponsors of the NFL so he is always on the tube when the NFL is on the tube.

Whether he is the best or not does not really matter, just that he is likable, makes highlight plays the look pretty to the masses, and is on a big team.

Rodgers fits the bill and followed in Manning footsteps.

Correct.

When all along the face should’ve been Tom over both.

Yes generally the face is the best and/or the most accomplished player in the sport. At the same time though it helps if one can present to the public and i thinks both Manning and Rodgers present better than Brady.

Manning is comfortable being the dumb country boy (when he kind of is :dbanana:) and he is comical. Rodgers has kind of a swagger about him and present well.

For Brady likely never liked the limelight and does not present as well imo.

However, with the above said we agree who the best in the sport is and frankly it is not too close.

Getting back to Rodgers and McCarthy.

Be interesting to see how the Packers do without McCarthy and how he does without the Packers.

I think Rodgers is overrated be interesting to see how he and the team fairs with a different coach.

As for firing McCarthy, i think some of this falls on Rodgers and to be honest another reason why i am not a fan of him, he is not the team.

Be interesting to see how the Packers do without McCarthy and how he does without the Packers.

I think Rodgers is overrated be interesting to see how he and the team fairs with a different coach.

As for firing McCarthy, i think some of this falls on Rodgers and to be honest another reason why i am not a fan of him, he is not the team.

I'm going to contend that McCarthy somewhat lucked in to his "success" in Green Bay. Put him in a spot where he has to draft and develop a franchise QB, let's see what it looks like then.

Rodgers is 35. Any tempted coach is going to see his numbers compared to his peers are a bit inflated. He just knocked off his HC. He eats a ton of cap. He has little talent around him. And by the time it’s fortified up there he’ll be on a noticeable downswing most likely - he is a QB more reliant than most on his legs.

Personally, I think Cleveland is the more attractive destination at this point.

I'm going to contend that McCarthy somewhat lucked in to his "success" in Green Bay. Put him in a spot where he has to draft and develop a franchise QB, let's see what it looks like then.

I hear yah. Drafting and coaching are two different things. Not sure about his drafting skills.

But would be interested to see how he does in say Cleveland with a first round QB and we can see his coaching side of things. Or for that matter another team that has is QB in place.

Rodgers is 35. Any tempted coach is going to see his numbers compared to his peers are a bit inflated. He just knocked off his HC. He eats a ton of cap. He has little talent around him. And by the time it’s fortified up there he’ll be on a noticeable downswing most likely - he is a QB more reliant than most on his legs.

Personally, I think Cleveland is the more attractive destination at this point.

Yes i agree. I can see a coach going to GB as a stepping stone, have a potential to get a few good years on one resume, and maybe go from there and/or hope you can bring in a solid QB after Rodgers.

Long term though, I agree, go to a franchise like Cleveland that has a potential QB that is going to be around a while and the new coach has the potential to have success for more than just a few years.

The Packers parted with Winston Moss, who had been with the team for 12 years and coached linebackers, after he tweeted a message that seemed to question the leadership qualities of Aaron Rodgers, a quarterback who is about as Teflon-coated as a human can be.

Winston Moss‏ @Insanecane99 <small class="time"> Dec 4 </small>
Ponder this... what Championship teams have are great leadership! Period! It’s not the offensive guru trend, it’s not the safe trend. Find somebody that is going to hold #12 and everybody in this building to a <s>#</s>LombardiStandard! Period! <s>#</s>losingsucks!

9 hours later...

The Packers have informed me that there letting me go.

I have serve the Packers with all my heart and soul. I’ve given it my all. no regrets!

also:
Mark Chmura said that the reputation of Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers will be sullied with the events that led up to McCarthy's dismissal, and that his actions even led up to that firing."(Rodgers) may be happy, but I don't think he doesn't come out of this looking good. He got a coach fired."

"Aaron to me looks like the prima donna basketball player in the NBA that wants his coach fired. There were rumblings last week...that Aaron Rodgers is difficult to coach."
Chmura also claims the Packers did not pull out total effort on Sunday in the 20-17 loss to Arizona.
"That team quit. They quit. They didn't even want to play today," he said.
"This was, as long as I can remember, the most embarrassing loss the Packers have had since I've been a part of the organization and followed them."

The Packers parted with Winston Moss, who had been with the team for 12 years and coached linebackers, after he tweeted a message that seemed to question the leadership qualities of Aaron Rodgers, a quarterback who is about as Teflon-coated as a human can be.

Ponder this... what Championship teams have are great leadership! Period! It’s not the offensive guru trend, it’s not the safe trend. Find somebody that is going to hold #12 and everybody in this building to a <s>#</s>LombardiStandard! Period! <s>#</s>losingsucks!

9 hours later...

I have serve the Packers with all my heart and soul. I’ve given it my all. no regrets!

also:
Mark Chmura said that the reputation of Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers will be sullied with the events that led up to McCarthy's dismissal, and that his actions even led up to that firing."(Rodgers) may be happy, but I don't think he doesn't come out of this looking good. He got a coach fired."

"Aaron to me looks like the prima donna basketball player in the NBA that wants his coach fired. There were rumblings last week...that Aaron Rodgers is difficult to coach."
Chmura also claims the Packers did not pull out total effort on Sunday in the 20-17 loss to Arizona.
"This was, as long as I can remember, the most embarrassing loss the Packers have had since I've been a part of the organization and followed them."

Bububut...tehRoderesez is teh GOAT!

9 hours later...

also:

I dont believe one word that scumbag Mark Chmura says.

Back