Trowbridge Tavern of Awesomeness and Jaguars

I suggest they change the name to the cougars and get some hot MILF's, women retired by Hooter's, to cheerlead and make it a circus. No offense, I remember when the patriots were bad and all this talk went on. Either fix it or embrace it.

I suggest they change the name to the cougars and get some hot MILF's, women retired by Hooter's, to cheerlead and make it a circus. No offense, I remember when the patriots were bad and all this talk went on. Either fix it or embrace it.

If Jag really minded having his chops busted he would change his name.

And yes Jag, us lifelong Pats fans rememeber being the jags, so we are probably better at getting under your skin than any of the others.

And yes Jag, us lifelong Pats fans rememeber being the jags, so we are probably better at getting under your skin than any of the others.
I am sure he knows I am just busting stones. and man those days sucked but at the same time I miss waking up sunday and scoring some beers during the blue law days and heading to the game, buying tickets and having one hell of a good time.

some of my fondest memories are when those horrible teams some how won the game.

Is it too much to ask for the Jaguars to occasionally be mediocre? I'd like to establish at least one division rivalry, but the other three teams refuse to cooperate.

Hell, even the bumbling Jets manage to occasionally feign competence long enough to make things interesting.

They're hoping that the Brit pronunciation Jag-U-ars will really catch on, rebrand the product and help people forget about all the losing, empty seats and ugly helmets.

I think there is a chance that they could be the first franchise to move out of the U.S. and become the London Jaguars. For serious. I think this is Shad's long-range plan despite his pronouncements that he loves J-Ville.

I don't think it's completely random that they are playing over there. Wheels are turning and Roger would LOVE to get a team over there if he can figure a way around some of the logistical issues.

The London Jaguars. Has a ring to it, no?

Logistics is not the only problem, getting sufficient fan support will be another.
I've been to both Patriot games at Wembley and you see fans there wearing jerseys from many of the NFL teams so, support is spread across a number of teams, not just one, these are the people that have to be won over.
Obviously not an indicator one way or the other as the sample numbers were too small but, when we discussed on our forum if a UK based team would have any influence on us as Patriots fans, the consensus was that we would remain exclusively Patriot fans, although some people said they might go to one or two games, more a case of getting an NFL "fix" than a desire to follow as a fan, a UK based team.

For me the biggest issue is flying back and forth across the Atlantic every game. Not to mention for the London team every away game will be like an east-west coast trip.

Logistically it's a nightmare and leaves one team with a serious competitive advantage.

Did they rip out 20000 seats?

Yes they are with the renovation all of the seats in the north end zone that were tarped will be gone and many of the displaced in the north end zone due to renovations will be moved to the upper areas that were tarped off. The stadium will be closer to right sized for NFL stadium.

They're hoping that the Brit pronunciation Jag-U-ars will really catch on, rebrand the product and help people forget about all the losing, empty seats and ugly helmets.

I think there is a chance that they could be the first franchise to move out of the U.S. and become the London Jaguars. For serious. I think this is Shad's long-range plan despite his pronouncements that he loves J-Ville.

I don't think it's completely random that they are playing over there. Wheels are turning and Roger would LOVE to get a team over there if he can figure a way around some of the logistical issues.

The London Jaguars. Has a ring to it, no?

I am one that will never say never, but for a man to put about 50 million of his own money in stadium upgrades that his team doesn't even own says a bit. I know most will say that's chump change and maybe it is but I believe he is dedicated to the market.

I am sure he knows I am just busting stones. and man those days sucked but at the same time I miss waking up sunday and scoring some beers during the blue law days and heading to the game, buying tickets and having one hell of a good time.

some of my fondest memories are when those horrible teams some how won the game.

I don't care if chops are busted as you guys well know. And yes I remember when my dad would be pissed if it was New England that was being shown in our market on a Sunday especially if it was the crap bowl between Indy and New England. Oh how times change and most times it's due to new ownership as the Jags are going through now. I think Kahn is taking a lot of pages from Kraft's book he is investing not only in the stadium (no he hasn't built his own) but he has been investing heavily in downtown Jax as well as has his eye on a piece of prime riverfront property right across from the stadium to develop for retail etc. The team has said if a private company does not develop it Kahn will.

How is this possible? I thought Captain Kirk killed Kahn....
Posted via Mobile Device

Logistics is not the only problem, getting sufficient fan support will be another.
I've been to both Patriot games at Wembley and you see fans there wearing jerseys from many of the NFL teams so, support is spread across a number of teams, not just one, these are the people that have to be won over.
Obviously not an indicator one way or the other as the sample numbers were too small but, when we discussed on our forum if a UK based team would have any influence on us as Patriots fans, the consensus was that we would remain exclusively Patriot fans, although some people said they might go to one or two games, more a case of getting an NFL "fix" than a desire to follow as a fan, a UK based team.

This is something that's been discussed a few times here and you're point is well taken, but I don't necessarily believe that the right team at the right time couldn't be successful over there.

I don't believe that the NFL is holding games over there just to provide a treat to the expatriate Yanks and a few confused Brits looking for a novel day at the pitch. Roger is working on a business plan and he's still trying to prime the pump until his numbers guys say the time is right.

Just a matter of when, not if. Rog is a market guy and a little piece of the London market is a hell of a lot more attractive than the entire JVille market.

I don't believe the flight is all that big of a deal to him, or anybody, really.

There are ways to work the schedule to allow for a little more time to "recover" from sitting in first class luxury for a few extra hours. There are fortunes to be made and empires to build so the working class must suffer a bit. It's not like these guys are in steerage with the riff-raff.

Jet lag is bullshit, anyway. The problem with people feeling out of sorts after a flight is that a person's soul can only travel at a maximum speed of about 110MPH. When travel is faster than that the soul lags behind for a while until it can catch up and reunite with the body. A couple of hours then everybody feels whole again.

This is something that's been discussed a few times here and you're point is well taken, but I don't necessarily believe that the right team at the right time couldn't be successful over there.

I don't believe that the NFL is holding games over there just to provide a treat to the expatriate Yanks and a few confused Brits looking for a novel day at the pitch. Roger is working on a business plan and he's still trying to prime the pump until his numbers guys say the time is right.

Just a matter of when, not if. Rog is a market guy and a little piece of the London market is a hell of a lot more attractive than the entire JVille market.

I don't believe the flight is all that big of a deal to him, or anybody, really.

There are ways to work the schedule to allow for a little more time to "recover" from sitting in first class luxury for a few extra hours. There are fortunes to be made and empires to build so the working class must suffer a bit. It's not like these guys are in steerage with the riff-raff.

Jet lag is bullshit, anyway. The problem with people feeling out of sorts after a flight is that a person's soul can only travel at a maximum speed of about 110MPH. When travel is faster than that the soul lags behind for a while until it can catch up and reunite with the body. A couple of hours then everybody feels whole again.

ROFL

I think it will only work well when there's an entire division of NFL teams in Europe ---> AFC Europe or NFC Europe. I could see the entire AFC South moved over there. I know I wouldn't miss the AFC South over here!

Anyway, pick 4 of Istanbul, Moscow, London, Berlin, Madrid, Rome, Paris, Bucharest, Hamburg, Budapest, Vienna and Warsaw. Those are the 10 largest cities in order with Istanbul having a population of 14M, Moscow, 12M, London, 8.3M all the way down to Warsaw with 1.7M people.

Going 110 mph it would only take about 5 days to travel to Moscow and Rome. Maybe teams could have walk throughs on their big cargo planes.

Souls saved. Goodell should get going on it now.

Jags have only lost once . Since I been taking my brother in law to a game . Once a year the only time they lost when I went to a game . Was that shit performance . The pats had in Jacksonville. On the blight side they had a sell out. Had to remove most of the tarps for that game

Originally Posted by Hawg73

I think you're absolutely right, it will be a case of when not if, of this I have no doubt.
As for the market, I'd say England as a whole, primarily, being a small country by comparison to the U.S. and by having reasonably good transport links the fan base would be countrywide rather than a city based one.
And now, here is the elephant in the room!
For a team to have a countywide appeal over here, my own personal view is, what ever the team name is, it should not include London as part of that name, I personally do not believe that's a winner; it's just too centralised.
That elephant by the way, has a twin!
If you were to ask me now which team would make the best candidate to bring their franchise to the U.K. I could tell you without a moments hesitation, it would be the Patriots; why?
The name! You ask UK based Patriot fans why they became fans and here I'm talking about long term committed fans, invariably but not in every case, the true fans will tell you it was because there was an affinity with the name, we identified with a name that had England in it, perhaps a latent reflection of the pride in our own country.

The Patriots also have a pretty strong fan base here at present, so work to increase that fan base capable of supporting the franchise might not be so difficult and if the team name was changed from the New England Patriots to the Old England Patriots, straight away you've tapped into that latent national pride!

I think from a geographical stand point, it makes the most sense of all!

What I've written, amounts to nothing more than my own personal thoughts, maybe slightly of the wall and a little left field, but then, maybe that's just me.

ROFL

I think it will only work well when there's an entire division of NFL teams in Europe ---> AFC Europe or NFC Europe. I could see the entire AFC South moved over there. I know I wouldn't miss the AFC South over here!

Anyway, pick 4 of Istanbul, Moscow, London, Berlin, Madrid, Rome, Paris, Bucharest, Hamburg, Budapest, Vienna and Warsaw. Those are the 10 largest cities in order with Istanbul having a population of 14M, Moscow, 12M, London, 8.3M all the way down to Warsaw with 1.7M people.

Going 110 mph it would only take about 5 days to travel to Moscow and Rome. Maybe teams could have walk throughs on their big cargo planes.

Souls saved. Goodell should get going on it now.

Won't happen, too ambitious for starters and it's just another version of NFL Europe and look how that ended.

Back