Vick, death threats

I once worked for a chain bookstore. We had an author cancel a book signing over a death threat. The book in question was a cookbook.

Just sayin'.

I once worked for a chain bookstore. We had an author cancel a book signing over a death threat. The book in question was a cookbook.

Just sayin'.

I hear you. You take those seriously. I don't fault him for his concern or standing down or upping his security.

I fault him for what he did to those beautiful innocent animals. For shits and giggles and money.

Cheers, BostonTim

Michael Vick is the most overrated QB of all time. I've hated him even before the dog thing. Heard an interesting stat on him last season about him having only one season where he played all 16 games in his entire career. How crazy is that? Why would anyone want this injury prone loser be a starting QB on their team?

But...Donte Stallworth kills a person, and he gets a pass. Cause he said he was sorry. :coffee:

Two completely different incidents and not even on the same planet of being compared.....a guy who was a bit over the limit hitting a guy that ran out in front of him and then took complete responsibility and a guy who tortured and kill animals, lied about it......one guy made a bad mistake and one guy is a freaking sociopath.

Two completely different incidents and not even on the same planet of being compared.....a guy who was a bit over the limit hitting a guy that ran out in front of him and then took complete responsibility and a guy who tortured and kill animals, lied about it......one guy made a bad mistake and one guy is a freaking sociopath.

Tommy does this every time. It's one of his things. But let me be magnanimous and condescending: It's his right.

Cheers, BostonTim

But...Donte Stallworth kills a person, and he gets a pass. Cause he said he was sorry. :coffee:

Remember a person is a dog is a cat is a rat is a snake.... But only in an Irish stew. (tying the first couple of posts together there...)

I dont fault and villify Vick that much, seriously. Dog and *rooster* fighting is a huge part of many cultures. Including the one Vick was raised in. Hell, the Koreans eat dog as part of their diet.

The guy is not my favorite, and he should have grown above his upbringing when he learned more as an adult, but I dont hate him like I do someone like Ray Lewis.

Tommy does this every time. It's one of his things. But let me be magnanimous and condescending: It's his right.

Cheers, BostonTim

He can't read my post anyway....there are some sorry ass people in this world, but I am not sure Stallworth is one of them. I believe Vick is, but thats my right I guess too. It takes a lot for me to just hate someone, it usually involves dogs or kids.

He can't read my post anyway....there are some sorry ass people in this world, but I am not sure Stallworth is one of them. I believe Vick is, but thats my right I guess too. It takes a lot for me to just hate someone, it usually involves dogs or kids.
He can read it now.

You have to cook them longer. It breaks down the connective tissue which gives the meat a juicier taste

I'll try that. Forget about the sulfur aromatics like onion or garlic tho. Brings the gamey taste big time.

Remember a person is a dog is a cat is a rat is a snake.... But only in an Irish stew. (tying the first couple of posts together there...)

I dont fault and villify Vick that much, seriously. Dog and *rooster* fighting is a huge part of many cultures. Including the one Vick was raised in. Hell, the Koreans eat dog as part of their diet.

The guy is not my favorite, and he should have grown above his upbringing when he learned more as an adult, but I dont hate him like I do someone like Ray Lewis.

The problem is he lied to Goodell when questioned about it. He KNEW it was wrong, part of the culture or not. Along with the fact he has skated on so much other stuff (the questionable water bottle, flipping off his home team fans, etc) partly thanks to a coddling owner. I have always believed he is a sociopath or narcissist at least.

The problem is he lied to Goodell when questioned about it. He KNEW it was wrong, part of the culture or not. Along with the fact he has skated on so much other stuff (the questionable water bottle, flipping off his home team fans, etc) partly thanks to a coddling owner. I have always believed he is a sociopath or narcissist at least.

First, since when is lying to Goodell a bad thing? If I ever meet that Jests loving asshat, I'd punch him straight in the face.

Second, although I do not approve of what Vick did, in comparison to someone like Lewis who literally got away with murder, he's small potatoes.

Ooh, I bet potatoes would be really good in jaric's slow cook recipe.

I'm pretty sure Vick's dogs didn't dart out in front of him in traffic on a road where you're coming downhill into a half blind corner with Jersey Barriers in the middle at a time and in a location where pedestrian traffic is not expected and the speed limit is 50mph. There's a reason the prosecutors were happy to get him to cop to vehicular manslaughter at a reduced sentence. This isn't a place where you expect a guy to run out into the road - there just isn't a reason to be there:

I'm pretty sure Vick's dogs didn't dart out in front of him in traffic on a road where you're coming downhill into a half blind corner with Jersey Barriers in the middle at a time and in a location where pedestrian traffic is not expected and the speed limit is 50mph. There's a reason the prosecutors were happy to get him to cop to vehicular manslaughter at a reduced sentence. This isn't a place where you expect a guy to run out into the road - there just isn't a reason to be there:

Exactly. The guy ran between two cars at five in the morning. It had nothing to do with being drunk. Stallworth blew fractionally above the legal limit, which we all know is about the equivalent of two beers. It could have happened to any one of us.

Also, if anyone is familiar with the Causeway in Miami where this happened, they wouldn't be so quick to judge Stallworth. The roadway is menacing.

I get stallworth was in the wrong place and Vick is a puke

But

Human life > dog life

I love my dog but I have to say Vick grew up in a world where dogs were nothing more than a squirrel in terms of caring for them

Back