Vote For The Next Pats HOF Member

Thought about voting for Parcells or Marion cause as others have pointed out, Troy would have been there eventually anyways, but only thought about it for a second.

Troy is my fave all time Pat and likely always will be, so what else could I do?

Yeah, Parcells was there when we were put back on the Map, but he wasn`t alone, and I do seem to remember some former players who had issue with how Parcells left, they seemed to allude to how impersonal it all was.

In all honesty, though I was a fan as far back as 1977, we didnt live in NE and didnt have Satellite TV until 1989 so didn`t get to see the Pats or Marion play much, so my memory is lacking.

Maybe I should pop in the 85 playoff games I recorded on VHS.

I am voting for Troy Brown, and it isn't for anything he has done on the field. Those who know me, know what I'm talking about, those who don't, let me know and I have a video to show you to prove my point. Troy was a great football player, but he is an even better human being. Join me in voting for Troy and let's not take anything for granted. Thanks.

I've certainly never heard that allegation before.

I got that from someone who knows Bob Kraft very well.

I don't want to say who it was, but another person on this board was there when I was told about this incident, and can vouch that the source is solid.

I got that from someone who knows Bob Kraft very well.

I don't want to say who it was, but another person on this board was there when I was told about this incident, and can vouch that the source is solid.

I find this story ironic since that's my pet name for Parcells.

They should just announce Mr. Patriot Troy Brown. As the newest member of the Pats HOF. No one had a chance in hell of beating him this year.

backofthepack said:
I am voting for Troy Brown, and it isn't for anything he has done on the field. Those who know me, know what I'm talking about, those who don't, let me know and I have a video to show you to prove my point. Troy was a great football player, but he is an even better human being. Join me in voting for Troy and let's not take anything for granted. Thanks.

<3 you know he's got my vote for the amazing player that he was and the even more amazing person that he is

It's Troy. wuv

Brown gains Pats’ Fame
By Jeff Howe | Tuesday, June 5, 2012 | http://www.bostonherald.com | N.E. Patriots
34afc7_ltptroy20120605.jpg

Photo by Herald file

Troy Brown never had just one home on the football field. That, in part, led to his greatness over the course of 15 seasons with the Patriots [team stats].
Now, Brown has his permanent residence at Gillette Stadium, as it was announced yesterday he was voted into the Patriots Hall of Fame. He captured the vote by record-setting proportions, outdistancing head coach Bill Parcells and free safety Fred Marion.
Brown will be inducted Sept. 15 in a public ceremony outside The Hall at Patriot Place. Brown was a wide receiver by trade, but contributions also came on special teams and at cornerback.
Troy Brown [stats] is the ultimate team player and one of the greatest competitors I have ever had the privilege of coaching,” coach Bill Belichick said in a statement. “Offense, defense, special teams, if there was a job to do, Troy embraced it and did it at a championship level.
“No matter the situation or conditions, Troy raised the bar of excellence and helped create a winning tradition we strive to uphold. The bigger the game, the more Troy stepped up. There is no more deserving player of any accolade that comes his way than Troy Brown.”
Article URL: http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1061136729

Troy got my vote...about 100 of them to be precise.
:toast:

Back