Week 1, 2020 Other Games

To be fair to Tom, he can't be judged just on his first game out for Tampa.

No, certainly not, but it isn't like he did much different yesterday both on the field and on the sidelines than he's done the last couple of years.

Good thing I don't listen to ESPN and NFLN any more. They've probably already started leading off shows with "Is Tom Brady grëat or did Belichick make him great?"

Problem for the Bucs is that the Saints are a much better team. The story line was that the Bucs would push them in the division and both rosters are stacked with talent, but the truth is, the Saints have a much better all round team. They drafted better and that defense is a serious outfit.

In the NFC, the Saints look the business, the Packers too and the NFC West looks like the toughest division in the league. Wilson was outstanding for the Hags yesterday.

2nd was a really bad misfire. First was Evans quitting his route.

Gronk looks washed. Not too surprised after a year off.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Gronk had one catch... Brady looked pedestrian. You guys have no idea of the ball washing that has been going on down here. I know it's one game but... It wasn't good

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Just for accuracy, Gronk had 2 catches for 11 yards. He was practically invisible. Tampa may be better off rolling with Howard and Brate. Just use Gronk inside the red zone. Too early in the season to definitively say that, but it could become a reality.

I thought with a year off and with losing some weight that he would look a little rejuvenated. That wasn't the case at all. He looked schockingly slow. Like every bit as slow as he did during the last Super Bowl LIII. I don't think it's going to end well for him.

See how much “fun” he’s having in a few weeks with blunt, concise, description of his work after less than stellar performances.

They aren't very happy in Tompa Bay today
https://www.pewterreport.com/2-poin...h-brady-bucs-are-still-their-own-worst-enemy/

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Eh36U7LWsAEPB3K

Eh36U7MWkAAsyJW

ROFL at David Andrews for "liking" that

As difficult as it was to see Brady in another uniform (kind of like seeing an ex with a new boyfriend), I wish him nothing but success. If for no other reason than we don't have to hear from the "see - he's a system QB" morons.

Just for accuracy, Gronk had 2 catches for 11 yards. He was practically invisible. Tampa may be better off rolling with Howard and Brate. Just use Gronk inside the red zone. Too early in the season to definitively say that, but it could become a reality.

when I was watching it was only one catch. I was driving around yesterday. Mybad for the missed connection

I thought with a year off and with losing some weight that he would look a little rejuvenated. That wasn't the case at all. He looked schockingly slow. Like every bit as slow as he did during the last Super Bowl LIII. I don't think it's going to end well for him.

Interview with Bruce Arians before the game he couldn't suck Gronk's dick enough. "You know Gronk, he's always having fun. He was running 19mph on the radar gun we use at practice and Brady? He's been throwing 60 yard darts in practice so he hasn't lost any arm strength"

As difficult as it was to see Brady in another uniform (kind of like seeing an ex with a new boyfriend), I wish him nothing but success. If for no other reason than we don't have to hear from the "see - he's a system QB" morons.

Eh, it’s not a “system” argument.

It’s an “he’s friggin’ 43 and the best to ever play” argument.
He’s gone off the cliff . Not a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The whole TB12 saga makes me uncomfortable. Part of me wants to be petty and laugh at how bad he looked against the Saints with all those weapons. That pick six was horrid.

But then again, he's still the GOAT, and I wish he had the foresight to call it quits when he "sucks" as he said. Last year you saw the decline as the season went on. I saw no difference from last year's Wildcard game to yesterday's debacle. It's sad, really.

That's bad, Arians is now changing his tune and blaming Evans,

#Bucs coach Bruce Arians said after further review, the first INT was on Mike Evans. It wasn't Cover 2 and he should've bent it inside.

I hope Tom didn't push this with him.

The whole TB12 saga makes me uncomfortable. Part of me wants to be petty and laugh at how bad he looked against the Saints with all those weapons. That pick six was horrid.

But then again, he's still the GOAT, and I wish he had the foresight to call it quits when he "sucks" as he said. Last year you saw the decline as the season went on. I saw no difference from last year's Wildcard game to yesterday's debacle. It's sad, really.

You can laugh, I did.

I'm sure he'll clean some of that up (I hope for his sake) but he knows he's not the same player he was, at least I hope so. Maybe he should look at footage of himself from 10 years ago and see the bullets he was throwing and how quick he made a decision and the pinpoint accuracy. I saw none of that yesterday, except for a real nice throw up the middle with the pressure on him, and you KNOW he wanted to win yesterday because he knew the Pats had already won their game.

Listening to Mike Lombadri's podcast and he's not impressed at all with Arians blaming players in the way he did. As Mike says, he's sure Tom could criticise Bruce for some calls etc. Lombardi says they are not well coached. He's very critical of the Bucs, says they haven't a clue what offense they want to be and the Bucs are trying to be all things to all men.

I personally have no clue why Arians is rated as a coach.

Sorry Tom and Gronk- you have chosen unwisely.
Unless they're playing PGH or NYJ or something, I'm happy to see Tampa lose humiliatingly. 👍

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Sorry Tom and Gronk- you have chosen unwisely.
Unless they're playing PGH or NYJ or something, I'm happy to see Tampa lose humiliatingly. 👍

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Just want to say hi, any chance you want to venture over to the other side of PP?
I would love to get your newest thoughts on WTF is going on.

Go Steelers.

Jesus, Arians is all over the place. This will not end well.

"He looked like Tom Brady in practice all the time..."

Bruce Arians sounds genuinely confused by Tom Brady's rough Buccaneers debut:

LOL man, and based on the media washing his balls, you'd think Arians was destined for Canton...

Tom's finding out real quick just how much coaching matters.

Not that Tom didn't look old yesterday. But most of us expected that.

“One was a miscommunication between he and Mike,” Arians said. “He thought Mike was going down the middle – it was a different coverage – Mike read it right. He should have been across his face, but Tom overthrew it. The other one was a screen pass with an outlet called. He threw the outlet and it was a pick-six. Bad decision.”

That's exactly what I heard.
People call Arians a "players coach" ROFL
*struggles and fails to remember a single time BB criticized one of his players in the media like this*
I'd rather a boss like BB, have my back to the media, and leave the critique in a team setting where they all get it.

Back