Week 14: Gronk vs Watt

MontanaBrady

Reaction score
Dec. 13th Texans vs Patriots.

Can't wait to see Gronk and Watt mix it up. You think they will? If so, bias aside, what kind of a battle to you see happening between these two monsters?

Gonna be good! :dbanana:

Rob-Gronkowski-2.jpg

nfl_a_jj-watt_mb_1296x729.jpg

None.

Watt's a DT, Gronk is a TE. I think any interaction between the two on the field will be limited and minimal.

I do hope Watt wears his letterman's jacket.

None.

Watt's a DT, Gronk is a TE. I think any interaction between the two on the field will be limited and minimal.

You think he still has it? If I were him I would had burned it right after that blowout..:coffee:

Watt, is a DE.

I fully expect to see some plays where they engage at the LOS. Also some in the running game.

Watt, is a DE.

I fully expect to see some plays where they engage at the LOS. Also some in the running game.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wdmv8b5DBU0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They don't match up directly? I'm hoping for some action between the two. Maybe Brady makes a short pass to Gronk and Watt is there to meet him. popcorn

He's a 3-4 End, which is an inside the tackles position. He plays DT in a 4-3.

I just don't foresee Gronkowski having much interaction.

Unless of course were forced to play him on the Oline because all our linemen are injured :banghead:

None.

You beat me to it, if Watt is ever covering Gronk it will be a TD.

I'm not arguing one way or the other, but I'm curious why you say that? You don't think Watt matches up with Gronk well?

I will take a defensive tackle covering Rob Gronkowski on every single down, please.

I will take a defensive tackle covering Rob Gronkowski on every single down, please.

Yeah, but Watt has a reputation of being one of the best in the NFL on Defense. That, plus his size, speed, and power..... I figured he was the defensive version of Gronk.

I don't think you need to much. He usually runs himself out of the play.

I think Josh will throw some in there. And it's just the type of thing to get that 8th grade mind in the stratosphere. He'll be absolutely Pete Carrol level jacked & pumped!

See...JJ Watt doesn't need to cheat. The Pats ALWAYS cheat. Just ask their owner. :coffee:

I actually like JJ...he would kick ass playing for the Pats.

Back