Week 14: Gronk vs Watt

Papa Gronk hasn't told us yet. :shrug_n:

Well, Papa Gronk told Schefter that he wasn't.

Can't wait for the "Where is Gronk" threads in the next few weeks.

Bone bruise, folks. Bone bruise. It hurts, but there's no actual damage.

Bone bruise is for public consumption but it was also reported as a sprained knee which is, from my perspective, a hyperextended knee. That means the joint capsules and all the fibrous connective tissues around the knee were stretched beyond normal limits. 2-4 weeks usually before swelling and pain subside.

Bone bruise is for public consumption but it was also reported as a sprained knee which is, from my perspective, a hyperextended knee. That means the joint capsules and all the fibrous connective tissues around the knee were stretched beyond normal limits. 2-4 weeks usually before swelling and pain subside.

That came later from Papa Gronk, so I don't know how much voracity there is to it, other than to lower expectations from fans in terms of a time table for return.

I don't expect him back before the playoffs.

Watt is a good player, but guys like the Rams Aaron Donald have been putting in Watt like shifts and of course are getting nowhere near the attention that the publicity whore Watt gets.

Watt is a good player, but guys like the Rams Aaron Donald have been putting in Watt like shifts and of course are getting nowhere near the attention that the publicity whore Watt gets.

The distance between Watt and the rest of the defensive players in the NFL is like comparing Brady to Flacco.

Well he needs to get his ass back on the field. We have to play the ****ing jets if the playoffs started today. I'm not thrilled playing teams without our top weapons

The same could be said the other way. If Gronk is kept in to block Watt, Brady might get blown up!

Gronk is the best blocking TE in the league. That being said, he would never be kept in to block on an obvious passing down.

Watt broke his hand yesterday, but is expected to play. Gronk practiced today, but is NOT expected to play. :sulk:

BIG difference between a metacarpal frx and a knee injury. I understand.

BTW Ian Rapoport is STILL saying today on NFLN that he was told Gronk's injury was a ONE WEEK INJURY.

BTW Ian Rapoport is STILL saying today on NFLN that he was told Gronk's injury was a ONE WEEK INJURY.

Because he got that from the Patriots, and not Papa Gronk.

I mean, I hope we're all pretty much at a consensus here: Gronkowski has a bone bruise on his knee, recovery time: 1-2 weeks. That said, we've all seen this movie before. Like I've been saying, if he's back before the playoffs, I'll be stunned.

I don't know whether that's a good thing or not. I will say if it costs the Patriots a bye, then it will outweigh "extra rehab rest" for a medically cleared, practicing player.

If it doesn't, then **** me, and do your thing, BB. :coffee:

Because he got that from the Patriots, and not Papa Gronk.

Kinda what I was thinking too.
Maybe Gronk should just get his contractually allowed second opinion by a physician of his choosing (yeah I know, it would probably be daddy's choosing) and leave daddy out of it.

I think that's the kind of infighting that led to the release of the joint statement by the Pats PR office and the Gronks.

Here's the thing, Rap can say whatever he wants, he can make shit up if he wants, but I find it odd that he doesn't say his source is reliable enough to have firsthand knowledge of Gronk's medical diagnosis. HIPAA is very real.

Just because Rap said something doesn't make the story true, eh, Mort?

I'm not buying it.

Watt kept touching his d*ck so much during the game that he had a black mark on his pants from his cast.

This announcement brought to you by the game within the game :)

Back