Week 15 gamete thread @ Indy Saturday December 18, 8:20 p.m.

Anyone else feeling like that @Minnesota game years ago, when Minn had the #1 rush D, and the Patriots just went 5-wide and paper cut them to death?

Anyone else remember the Tampa game?

If they're gearing up that heavy on the run, playaction is going to be incredibly effective, and their LBs bite on it pretty well.
And guess who that game was against? The #32 ranked pass D in Minny and Mike Tomlin. Only Mike Tomlin would somehow get a promotion after not fielding a good pass D in a passing league.

Just saw that the game will be broadcast locally on WBZ and another station in Indy.
Those of you outside those areas it's the NFLN or whatever way you can steal it online.

Hey Muse. Your good pal Tyler here. I hope we stay the best of friends after my boys dismantle your patriots. No hard feelings right :)

If anyone actually takes this post serious, check yourself at the door. Muse knows I’m totally kidding. Should hopefully be a great game.
It certainly will be. 😊

And no hard feelings. 😊

If I was making a plan to stop Indy I'd rotate Carl Davis and Lawrence Guy opposite Quentin Nelson and instruct them to submarine him and try to create a pile in the middle. Do not try to hold him off, because almost nobody in the league has managed it. The Colts win by rolling interior players backwards off the line and creating big cutback lanes for Taylor, who is a powerful runner, particularly with that bubble to let him get rolling. It's not just Nelson, either. All their inside guys get great push and we'll need Barmore and Godchaux to also play really tough inside. I'm hoping the bye helps Barmore with his knee, which limited him against Buffalo a little. This is not to say that Indy can't run outside, either. They can, and it's not a particular strength of ours defending perimeter runs, but Job No. 1 is don't let them run between the tackles with consistency or they can just grind people down and dictate. I don't want to see Godchaux over the nose and have Bentley and Hightower taking on their guards. We should see extra bodies in the box more than we usually do.

I've watched Indy just killing people inside enough times this year to have a major respect for what they can do. Put it this way: I'm pretty such that Bill won't watch their film and say "the key to stopping the Colts is that the timing of their offense goes through Jack Doyle".

I'm also curious to see Mac Jones throwing in dome conditions. I'd love to see him slicing and dicing and giving our D as much rest as possible with long drives.

Not saying I think Indy is a super team, because they've laid a few eggs, but their a lot tougher than they used to be, don't quit and are well-coached. It's a fascinating match-up.

sounds like we as pats fans should be glad we are playing indy now vs earlier in the year because where the pats were weak, indy would have stepped on their throats.

If I was making a plan to stop Indy I'd rotate Carl Davis and Lawrence Guy opposite Quentin Nelson and instruct them to submarine him and try to create a pile in the middle. Do not try to hold him off, because almost nobody in the league has managed it. The Colts win by rolling interior players backwards off the line and creating big cutback lanes for Taylor, who is a powerful runner, particularly with that bubble to let him get rolling. It's not just Nelson, either. All their inside guys get great push and we'll need Barmore and Godchaux to also play really tough inside. I'm hoping the bye helps Barmore with his knee, which limited him against Buffalo a little. This is not to say that Indy can't run outside, either. They can, and it's not a particular strength of ours defending perimeter runs, but Job No. 1 is don't let them run between the tackles with consistency or they can just grind people down and dictate. I don't want to see Godchaux over the nose and have Bentley and Hightower taking on their guards. We should see extra bodies in the box more than we usually do.

I've watched Indy just killing people inside enough times this year to have a major respect for what they can do. Put it this way: I'm pretty such that Bill won't watch their film and say "the key to stopping the Colts is that the timing of their offense goes through Jack Doyle".

I'm also curious to see Mac Jones throwing in dome conditions. I'd love to see him slicing and dicing and giving our D as much rest as possible with long drives.

Not saying I think Indy is a super team, because they've laid a few eggs, but their a lot tougher than they used to be, don't quit and are well-coached. It's a fascinating match-up.

Stopping, or at least slowing down, their running game from a big nickel formation will be crucial because the Colts have enough of a passing game to beat you sideways if more beef has to be employed in the trenches. They're scoring 30+ pts/game at home the last 5 games, evidence that no D has been able to slow them down much recently. Reich is a pretty savvy coach who has a solid old school approach to the game with this Colts team. It's a style BB respects.

Can we stop a really good running attack? We're about to find out.

On offense, as little as Mac's arm was used against Buffalo, I feel like Mac's passing will need to come up big in this game for a win. Another aspect of this game comes out of the self-scouting the Pats did during the bye. I have a sneaky feeling that Josh might have a thing or 2 to surprise the Colts' D. We need all the advantages we can get in this one.

Stopping, or at least slowing down, their running game from a big nickel formation will be crucial because the Colts have enough of a passing game to beat you sideways if more beef has to be employed in the trenches. They're scoring 30+ pts/game at home the last 5 games, evidence that no D has been able to slow them down much recently. Reich is a pretty savvy coach who has a solid old school approach to the game with this Colts team. It's a style BB respects.

Can we stop a really good running attack? We're about to find out.

On offense, as little as Mac's arm was used against Buffalo, I feel like Mac's passing will need to come up big in this game for a win. Another aspect of this game comes out of the self-scouting the Pats did during the bye. I have a sneaky feeling that Josh might have a thing or 2 to surprise the Colts' D. We need all the advantages we can get in this one.
I don't think we will stop their running game, I do think we can slow it down enough where we can at least make it hard for them on 3rd downs. The one advantage we have over many teams is our front 7 is big. We don't have the 230 pound speedy LB's, we do have the 250-275 pound thumpers though, so hopefully it will be a little more difficult to try and bully us on the ground. We have (arguably) the best group of tacklers on defense as well. They gang tackle and wrap up at the point of attack. Our defense is going to have their hands full on Saturday. Trying to tackle Taylor is like trying to tackle a fire hydrant but I think our defense will up to the task.

sounds like we as pats fans should be glad we are playing indy now vs earlier in the year because where the pats were weak, indy would have stepped on their throats.
It's a road game. We've played better on the road than at home, I like our chances on the road this year.lol

I don't think we will stop their running game, I do think we can slow it down enough where we can at least make it hard for them on 3rd downs. The one advantage we have over many teams is our front 7 is big. We don't have the 230 pound speedy LB's, we do have the 250-275 pound thumpers though, so hopefully it will be a little more difficult to try and bully us on the ground. We have (arguably) the best group of tacklers on defense as well. They gang tackle and wrap up at the point of attack. Our defense is going to have their hands full on Saturday. Trying to tackle Taylor is like trying to tackle a fire hydrant but I think our defense will up to the task.
Where did this Jonathan Taylor thing come from? Up until the middle of this year when he went on his run, he was known as Mr. Fumbles and a bit of a disappointment with the ball security. He had a whopping 18 fumbles in college. The Pats D will destroy him and Hynes.

If Indy had threats in the passing game, sure they'd be more concern, but this D will be ready to stay on point vs their RBs.

Last edited:
It's a road game. We've played better on the road than at home, I like our chances on the road this year.lol
Indy also hasn't seen Mac pass the ball in 2 weeks. I can see us coming out empty sets, 5 wide and just throw it all over the place, with plays not used this seasons on game film at all.

Indy also hasn't seen Mac pass the ball in 2 weeks. I can see us coming out empty sets, 5 wide and just throw it all over the place, with plays not used this seasons on game film at all.

I'll bet BB can't see 5 wide empty. :coffee:
The plays not used this season? For sure.

I'll bet BB can't see 5 wide empty. :coffee:
The plays not used this season? For sure.
Why is that?

I can see 5 and 4 receiver/TE sets. The bozo the clown LB who just told us what Indy wants to do is a dipshit. Tenn tried to do what Indy is going to try to do and we dropped 38 on them with that approach.

We've played better on the road than at home
I wouldn't say that, good defenses travel well for sure but Mac himself is considerably better at home than on the road(not even counting the Bills game). Those losses at home were early too, they are definitely not the same team now as they were then. They're a better home team overall IMO.

Last edited:
How is Indy against the run, and how do our STs compare?
Don't know about ST's but middle of the road run D as far as stats go but that could be scheme related like the Pats. Their RZ defense is horrible though, and AFAIK there's no scheme where giving up TDs is intentional.

Last edited:
Back