Week 2, 2022 - Pats @ Pittsburgh

What did you think of the rest of the team's performance today?

A win is a win. I’ll take an ugly win every single week. I love seeing good defense and a team that doesn’t beat itself. Keep it up. This team’s identity should be road grader power run offense with 2TEs, and play action, sprinkled in with 3WR sets. But the offense will be a much better offense maximizing WR snaps to Meyers, Agholor, Bourne. Bench Parker he’s a more-expensive NKeal Harry bust, zero fight within a jump-ball WR is death

A win is a win. I’ll take an ugly win every single week. I love seeing good defense and a team that doesn’t beat itself. Keep it up. This team’s identity should be road grader power run offense with 2TEs, and play action, sprinkled in with 3WR sets. But the offense will be a much better offense maximizing WR snaps to Meyers, Agholor, Bourne. Bench Parker he’s a more-expensive NKeal Harry bust, zero fight within a jump-ball WR is death
What was ugly about the win? What wasn't ugly?

Seems I misread your earlier post.

Yes, LOL you did. It is all good. I am dreaming of 8-10 more games of dink/dunk offense this year. The D is SOLID. We have QB that can manage the O if they just walk it down the field.

I knew you did, btw. Also, that is an awesome song. (y) (y) (y)

Last edited:
Just.....don't, please, just don't listen to sports talk radio. It's not good for anybody's mental health. C'mon, man.

Lost in all the griping about how Mac and our offense sucks is the fact that Agholor and Meyers had productive, clutch days. Bourne is coming around, our ground game is still punishing and Tyquan is waiting in the wings to be the catalyst that'll make us much more problematic to defend. Don't forget those same loudmouths were sure that Pittsburgh's D was tremendous and we wouldn't be able to do shit against them, but with the game on the line we shredded them.

Six minutes plus on that last drive against Steel Curtain II. If we punched in a garbage TD would anybody be griping now? No, they would not, but we shouldn't care what they think.

It's a clear step forward. Clear improvement with 15 weeks to go. What the Big O or whoever is on that station now thinks is totally irrelevant.

Fuck them.
Sports media, in general, around here was, for me, summarized by Little Albie Breer on NBC Sports TV's pregame show today when he was asked who seems to be the better QB prospect right now between Mac Jones and Kenny Pickett. Breer's response: it's a toss-up. Now, Pickett may end up being a fine QB, but "right now?" Are you shitting me? At least as telling was that that there wasn't one questioning, fucking syllable from any of the 4 panelists.

Sports media, in general, around here was, for me, summarized by Little Albie Breer on NBC Sports TV's pregame show today when he was asked who seems to be the better QB prospect right now between Mac Jones and Kenny Pickett. Breer's response: it's a toss-up. Now, Pickett may end up being a fine QB, but "right now?" Are you shitting me? At least as telling was that that there wasn't one questioning, fucking syllable from any of the 4 panelists.
I saw them both play in college. It's not close who was the better prospect coming out.

We have a very good run blocking O Line. Guys like Brown, Andrews, Wynn and now Strange can really pave the way for Harris and Mondre and then Monty when he comes back to have a great season,. And with that, play-action can really open up defenses as well. There is genuine potential there for this Offense to really grow and do some damage.

Just.....don't, please, just don't listen to sports talk radio. It's not good for anybody's mental health. C'mon, man.

Lost in all the griping about how Mac and our offense sucks is the fact that Agholor and Meyers had productive, clutch days. Bourne is coming around, our ground game is still punishing and Tyquan is waiting in the wings to be the catalyst that'll make us much more problematic to defend. Don't forget those same loudmouths were sure that Pittsburgh's D was tremendous and we wouldn't be able to do shit against them, but with the game on the line we shredded them.

Six minutes plus on that last drive against Steel Curtain II. If we punched in a garbage TD would anybody be griping now? No, they would not, but we shouldn't care what they think.

It's a clear step forward. Clear improvement with 15 weeks to go. What the Big O or whoever is on that station now thinks is totally irrelevant.

Fuck them.

The game was in our control all the way & we won that game going away. The 3 point margin could have been 10. There's really nothing to complain about. The coaches played the game conservatively to let the players gain confidence. Mac did pretty well, imo. Baby steps. Mission accomplished.
We out rushed them, we out passed them - 376 yds to 243 yds.
We won the turnover battle 2-1. That's big for us.
We overcame having more than twice as many penalties against us than they had - 7 for 55 yds vs 3 for 20 yds.
We won time of possession - 33:36 vs 26:25.
There's nothing not to like from a fan's perspective although the coaches still have plenty of coaching points.

Old school but I'll take it.

Last edited:
Just two games in that O Line looks very promising. If they can cut out the penalties (the Andrews one though was a joke), they will be a damn god unit. Pretty formidable looking already in run blocking. Mac said at the presser he wasn't touched and gave huge credit to his O Line.

Just two games in that O Line looks very promising. If they can cut out the penalties (the Andrews one though was a joke), they will be a damn god unit. Pretty formidable looking already in run blocking. Mac said at the presser he wasn't touched and gave huge credit to his O Line.

0 sacks by Pittsburgh. 7 vs the Bengals last week. Only 1 by Watt.

Agholor looks like he's come to ball this season. He's out there fighting for anything thrown his way and he's amped up. Great to see.
He looks comfortable here, with Mac, and with his role in the offense. I'm not a huge Agholor fan, but he's an important piece. As I said a few weeks ago, one of the best things for this offense in the longer term is for Agholor to establish himself as one of the top few threats. It will open up the ground game and everything underneath.

The only downside is that it might make the coaching staff less motivated to work Thornton in when he gets back. But as downsides go, that's a pretty good one.

The game was in our control all the way & we won that game going away. The 3 point margin could have been 10. There's really nothing to complain about. The coaches played the game conservatively to let the players gain confidence. Mac did pretty well, imo. Baby steps. Mission accomplished.
We out rushed them, we out passed them - 376 yds to 243 yds.
We won the turnover battle 2-1. That's big for us.
We overcame having more than twice as many penalties against us than they had - 7 for 55 yds vs 3 for 20 yds.
We won time of possession - 33:36 vs 26:25.
There's nothing not to like from a fan's perspective although the coaches still have plenty of coaching points.

Old school but I'll take it.
In a nutshell. Thank you.

Cheers, :toast:

Back