Week 2, 2022 - Pats @ Pittsburgh

Agree about the play calling. Thought Patricia did fine and was instructed to keep it conservative.
Don't think 17 points wins a lot of games so definitely hope they got more plays available.
The receivers always seemed blanketed and with minimum YAC. Would think that can improve with the players they have.

I heard comments that they had multiple WRs in the same area several times (though I didn't see that).
17 by choice. Had the defense given up more points the offense WOULD HAVE scored more. They chose to kneel rather than a chip shot FG (20). They chose not to score a TD when the Steelers could not stop them at all (24).

Ironic that the excellent D has folks undercutting the offense, LOL.

Nice problem to have and (again) smells familiar...

I agree with those who thought the Agholor TD could have easily been picked. I counted that one along with the pure dropped INT when evaluating how Mac did throwing the ball.

The Pats ran the ball for the last 6+ minutes of the game when everyone knew they were going to run the ball and the Steelers crumpled like plastic Barbie dolls. Fact. Not fact but an intriguing possibility: You or I could have run for a couple first downs at the end of the game.

Every team loses players during the year. Fact. If you can't generate a pass rush with Heyward and Highsmith, then you are might as well exchange your Terrible Towels for Terrible Toilet Paper. Fact.
Because our fucking offense kept the D on the field forever and now we got a game on thursday, that after 5 quarters the previous week. Ran out of gas.
To be honest your run game ain't all that. But puff your chest out.
malakas.

Because our fucking offense kept the D on the field forever and now we got a game on thursday, that after 5 quarters the previous week. Ran out of gas.
malakas.
It's not. Yet.

malakas.

Strange made Hayward look tired all game. 1st half included.

malakas.

Ain’t all that, but bulldozed your defense at the end.
And they ran out of gas? That’s some great conditioning. :rofl:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

beat ourselves is what actually happened. muffed punt, dropped int right in the bread basket.But yes end of story.
Just got pissed at sapcecrime's post.

beat ourselves is what actually happened. muffed punt, dropped int right in the bread basket.But yes end of story.
Just got pissed a sapcecrime's post.
No, actually the Patriots offense beat you like Salvation Army drum the last 6 minutes of the game. You knew we running the ball, everyone knew we were running the ball and there wasn't a thing you could do about it. That isn't beating yourselves. That's getting overpowered.

steelers had a better rushing per attempt average. look it up.
Statistics without context can be misleading.

The last three plays by the Patriots were Mac Jones kneel downs that totaled -9 yards.

Prior to those plays, the Patriots rushed 28 times for 133 yards. That's 4.75 yards/carry.

When the kneel downs are included, the final total is 31 rushes for 124 yards, yielding 4.0 yards/carry.

Thanks Tip
I know the Pats had control of the game but those 2 fuck ups by the Steelers earlier changed the complexion of the game.

you won...by 3.

Okay, sure, I'll look it up........

DANG!!!!! You're right!!!!!

Rushing12491
Rushing Attempts3122
Yards per rush4.04.1

And it was your defense that made it possible!!!!. We lost 6 yards on our last three 'rushes.'

Complementary football at its best. Nice job there by Steeler D because without those Victory Formation yards lost, we're 4.6 ypc (28 rushes for 130 yds).

Great run Defense right there!!!!!

Edit: My bad. It was 9 yards lost not 6.

Just got pissed at sapcecrime's post.
No worries. I was mostly replying to your tone which was reminiscent of Kordell Stewart (The best team didn't win today). I think the 2001 AFCCG????

Same with my reply to your "We out-rushed you" comment." Some things need to be replied to in the same spirit.

BTW, that muffed punt wasn't your punter's fault. You had two men on our right side gunner (slater) as it should be, but our left side gunner was uncovered (!?!?!) and ran free to Olzewsky, filled his vision with movement and was right there to grab the muff. That was bad ST coaching/execution. I was glad so see Tomlin put Olzewski back in for the end round sweep, and let him at least partially redeem himself.

A quarter of PIT's rushing yards came on an end around by Gunnar. The RBs ran for 3.3, 3.8, and 2.0 ypc. NEs RBs ran for 4.7 & 5.2 ypc.

It was a good game. It kinda sucked that Gunnar bungled that punt, because it left questions on our end and gave you guys a yeahbut.

But it happens. Good game.

Strange made Hayward look tired all game. 1st half included.

Heyward has been battling a high-ankle sprain since preseason and hurt his back (or something) during the Bengals game and I thought at the time
that he'd be on the shelf next to Watt for a while. He was in major pain and had to be helped into the tent. While I thought Strange had a solid game, I'm
not sure if he caught the best version of the guy who has regularly tortured us ever since Bill refused to draft him as I suggested at the time.

If Strange handles the Packers mooses, Kenny Clark and the other huge guy, whatshisname, the same way he did Heyward then I'll lead the parade. Clark is a
fucking planet killer. He's exactly the kind of guy that Strange was supposed to struggle against, so that'll be a matchup to watch.

Also, when you see a guy that wears number 69 do you assume that it's just random or it seemed funny in High School?

Don't think 17 points wins a lot of games so definitely hope they got more plays available.
I didn't realize that scoring 17 points on the road in week 2 means that the Pats will score 17 points in every remaining game.

Here's another way to use past performance to predict the future. The Pats scored 7 in week 1 and 17 in week 2. That means they're going to increase their scoring by 10 points each game for the rest of the season, and they'll put up 167 points in their last game.

Back