Week 3 other Games

bideau

Offering friendly advice
Reaction score
There's a couple interesting games this week, but overall, a :shrug: weekend.

NYJ @ KC - Will be a big test for both teams.
Den @ Cin - Let's see if Denver can beat a good team on the road.

The NYJ know they have to have this one. Only real chance they have to stay close to the Pats. With Buffalo coming in next week and the GOAT back against Cleveland, the potential for the division to be out of reach real soon has to be on their minds...not like it won't be anyway. I'm guessing it's effectively over by Halloween.

I'm interested in the Denver@ Cinci game only because of their nauseating fan base on the Mane and whoever plays Seattle. When Seattle loses it's always a good day up here for me, then maybe I get to see more Pats games.

Important game for my boys. With Seattle coming to our place next week and then Pitt & AZ on the road, the Jets need to come out of this stretch 3-3. The schedule evens out a bit after that and we have 5 out of the last 7 games at home. Gotta weather the storm.

Jets game will probably have most of my attention. Although if the Colts drop another one I might be more interested in all the post game interviews.

Except here right? :coffee:
You are a fine and considerate guest and would never stoop to crass behavior with things like avatars designed to insult your hosts.

I don't think you understand the coffee guy yet, either.

Important game for my boys. With Seattle coming to our place next week and then Pitt & AZ on the road, the Jets need to come out of this stretch 3-3. The schedule evens out a bit after that and we have 5 out of the last 7 games at home. Gotta weather the storm.
Seahawks are frauds this year and AZ is over-rated except for Fitzgerald--he's a friggin' unstoppable beast. I can't figure out the Squeelers. They should suck, so I don't know if the team is better than the sum of its parts or if they've just been lucky.

You should have won the Cinci game and you wouldn't be in this fix. That's what you get for going all Reche Caldwell.

Jets game will probably have most of my attention. Although if the Colts drop another one I might be more interested in all the post game interviews.

Why? Do you have an interest in lumber jacking and metal sharpening? :coffee:

I'm interested in the Denver@ Cinci game only because of their nauseating fan base on the Mane and whoever plays Seattle. When Seattle loses it's always a good day up here for me, then maybe I get to see more Pats games.

One of my brothers lives in Juneau and he's coming back East for a wedding in November the same week as the Seapigeons come to town. It'll be his first game in 30 years and first look at Gillette.

It'll be fun to see his reaction.

BTW, I was up there in July and ran into a guy wearing a 'Hawks hat. He told me he watched the Super Bowl with his young daughter and when Butler made the big INT at the end, his daughter asks him "What happened, Daddy? We won, right?" and he had to do the old "Uhhhh, no dear, we didn't win, they did." and the kid bursts into tears and starts wailing loudly.

So, hearing that sad story I couldn't help but crack up laughing and apologized a bit and he goes "No, I get it. I'm eventually going to have to get therapy for her, though".

Seahawks are frauds this year and AZ is over-rated except for Fitzgerald--he's a friggin' unstoppable beast. I can't figure out the Squeelers. They should suck, so I don't know if the team is better than the sum of its parts or if they've just been lucky.

You should have won the Cinci game and you wouldn't be in this fix. That's what you get for going all Reche Caldwell.

That Cincy game is brutal for the Jets. Should have won. But then again they almost let the Bills win so ....

Playing at KC is no joke either even though its Reid and Smith running the show. Jets should win and then lose to Pitt and AZ. Pitt is legit but Ben will get hurt soon; the Cards only look THAT bad when they play the GOAT HC.

That Cincy game is brutal for the Jets. Should have won. But then again they almost let the Bills win so ....

Playing at KC is no joke either even though its Reid and Smith running the show. Jets should win and then lose to Pitt and AZ. Pitt is legit but Ben will get hurt soon; the Cards only look THAT bad when they play the GOAT HC.

Marshall and Decker did not practice Wednesday. If they're out or limited, the Jets offense will struggle.

Marshall and Decker did not practice Wednesday. If they're out or limited, the Jets offense will struggle.

That's for sure.

Enunwa can play a little, but the Jets offense went downfield vs. Buffalo more than any other team I've seen in quite a while. At one point there were 3 straight balls around 30 yards and Fitzgerald is trying to take advantage of their height by dropping his deep balls in the bucket and letting them play jump ball with pretty good success. At least he was against Buffalo which isn't saying much.

Well, they played the Redskins week 1, so you can throw that out the window.

Note that this post is not intended to start a political discussion about the riots or the trigger. Just pointing out the impact on Sundays game.

The riots in Charlotte could impact Sundays game. From PFT:

Panthers “continuing to monitor events” in advance of Sunday’s game

There are bigger problems in Charlotte right now than Sam Bradford and the Vikings.

So with riots gripping downtown last night and the potential for more in the future, the team is playing wait-and-see in regards to Sunday’s home game against Minnesota.

“We are in contact with government officials, the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department and the NFL,” team president Danny Morrison said in a statement. “We are continuing to monitor events as we prepare for Sunday’s home game.”

One of the primary concerns for the team at this point is simple public safety. With law enforcement resources diverted elsewhere trying to maintain order, the number of police officers able to work the game could be compromised.

Protests devolved into violence Wednesday for the second straight night following Tuesday’s shooting of Keith Lamont Scott by a black Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police officer. One person was shot during last night’s protests downtown, within blocks of where the Panthers play.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BREAKING?src=hash">#BREAKING</a>: Sources tell FOX46 <a href="https://twitter.com/Panthers">@Panthers</a> & NFL talking about possibility of moving Sunday's home game against the Vikings. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PrayForCharlotte?src=hash">#PrayForCharlotte</a></p>— FOX 46 Charlotte (@FOX46News) <a href="https://twitter.com/FOX46News/status/778959172494827520">September 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Spent two summers working at a bar in Charlotte (The Cellar on E. Morehead) while I was in college.

Loved being down there. People were really nice. Weather was great. I considered moving down there when I graduated.

I can't imagine the war zone that it must look like now.

So sad.

Back