Week 4: Brady Is Back

Note there is almost no velocity to JG's throws.

I'm not sure how much velocity I'd expect throwing to a person standing that close. I don't think I can tell anything from just this. I admit I'm more worried about his being physically able to back up than I am about seeing how TB is throwing.

A new banner reading, "2016 Colts' Season WAY More Successful Than It Should Have Been" would be an awesome addition.

That would somehow be less shameful than that ****ing "participant" banner

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

He did start 10-0 before the rest of the team got ebola. :shrug:

That's not very "angry god-king" like.

I'm kind of tired of the whole "OMG TB IS MAAAD" thing too. Do I think he'd love to be standing there with Badell watching him having to hand the Lombardi over and that could add extra oomph? Hell to the yes. But you can't sustain batshit mad over 15 games.
He has to be Mafia mad. Cold patient rage.

I'm kind of tired of the whole "OMG TB IS MAAAD" thing too. Do I think he'd love to be standing there with Badell watching him having to hand the Lombardi over and that could add extra oomph? Hell to the yes. But you can't sustain batshit mad over 15 games.
He has to be Mafia mad. Cold patient rage.

This. Seriously.

Y no like redskins? :(

See there's this thing white people do since we're not allowed to get offended when people talk shit about us, we like to get offended on behalf of the rest of you as a way to scratch that itch.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

For the record they should totally change the name.

What will you be sucking?

Cheers

Colts...:coffee:

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

See there's this thing white people do since we're not allowed to get offended when people talk shit about us, we like to get offended on behalf of the rest of you as a way to scratch that itch.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Nope...white guilt is BS dew...it's a disease even. :coffee:

Colts...:coffee:

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Nope...white guilt is BS dew...it's a disease even. :coffee:

So it's my fault for for bringing it up, but this is for sure not the place for that discussion.

That just put a great big grin on my face.

Cheers, BostonTim

Good take on Brady's suspension by Mike from Woburn on Boston.com

The very reason why the DeflateGate penalties have failed so completely is that Brady fought them. And that fight, while unsuccessful in overturning the NFL’s attempt to inflict parity on the Patriots at any cost, still rewarded Brady and his team with two valuable commodities: The truth and time.
If Brady hadn’t maintained his innocence from the start, and taken the league all the way to the neighborhood of the Supreme Court, the penalties would have been at least as severe, if not more so. But more importantly, the NFL could have controlled the narrative from beginning to end.
Chris Mortenson’s report would be gospel and would never have been exposed to be almost certainly a league smear campaign. We would never have gotten confirmation that Ted Wells and his report had less independence than East Germany, or that Goodell hired junk science purveyors Exponent to cover for his employees’ ignorance of the Ideal Gas Law. These facts were all uncovered as a result of Brady and the NFLPA legal battles with the league.
And as a result of the truths behind DeflateGate being exposed, Brady and the Pats now have a groundswell of support from objective national media members, like Joe Posnanski, Dan Wetzel and Sally Jenkins, among others. Without Brady’s legal crusade, the NFL would have gotten to say Brady and the Patriots cheated, and that would have been gospel.
But the second thing that Brady’s crusade bought the team was time. Say they did lay down and cop a plea with Goodell. Brady’s suspension would have been a year ago. That is a year of development that Jimmy Garoppolo never gets to experience. It’s a year of learning Josh McDaniels’ system and its weapons. That doesn’t happen if they follow SpongeBob Kraft’s lead. What if a less experienced Garoppolo not only doesn’t go 4-0 like Brady did, but looked raw and shaky doing it? He has nowhere near the value that he does today. And a year ago, there is no Jacoby Brissett to fill in if Jimmy got hurt in a similar situation. An injury to Jimmy G. would have almost certainly meant using a veteran retread. If say a Bruce Gradkowski, or similar career backup, came in and performed better than Garoppolo, is Jimmy still here this season or would Bill have cut bait?
Brady taking the penalties to court and fighting them as long as he did not only exposed DeflateGate as a duplicitous and malicious vendetta manipulated by Goodell himself, but also bought the team and Belichick time to position things to effectively negate the on-field penalties as well.
So while the Patriots went 3-1 this season without Brady, Tom still probably deserves a couple of game balls.
Mike From Woburn, formerly known as Mike From Attleboro, is a regular caller to the Felger & Massarotti Show. You can find him on Twitter @MikeFromWoburn.
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/10/...-lose-deflategate-fight/#.V_kTgRPzvkw.twitter

Back