Week 4 Game Thread - New England at Dallas @4:25pm

The last time we faced them was the loss in Mac's rookie year and Dak was about as good as a QB
has played against us in recent years. He was outstanding in throwing for 458 or something , but......the
guy still just bonks out and throws bad picks at the worst times or just misses the obvious in a way that
makes you wonder how he's still got the big rep with the track record he has, but.......Dallas. Everything
they do gets magnified for some reason.

I guess I'd call him one of the more bi-polar guys at the position in the League capable of excelling
or looking terrible in a random way, but I feel that he isn't going to love what we're doing on the back end
so far this year with a strong ability to disguise and bait throws into coverage.

I wouldn't say that our co-ordination has been flawless, but watching games around the league I see a lot
of blown coverages and guys running wide open and we have been doing the opposite at a high level
right out of the gate.

Without getting overly metric about it, these two teams have totally different philosophies and that hasn't
changed. It's going to be an interesting game and a lot of people who still don't know what our D has been
doing will likely be surprised at what they see.

One thing I would like to see is old friend Brandin Cooks getting walloped by Peppers/Dugger and Co. early
because that is the best way to get him from getting frisky. Cooks is a hothouse flower.

To me, Dak is one of those quiet big ego guys who sees himself as a super hero capable of doing much more than he actually is, mentally or physically.
He wants desperately to be affirmed as the field general he isn't so he takes chances to be the savior when he shouldn't. He might make 2-3 great plays in a row and suddenly
he's feeling invincible & that's when he gets in trouble on the field.
To make it worse, his exaggerated mental image of himself has always been and still is continuously supported by Jerrah who won't or can't admit he is mistaken about Dak as a QB.
They're made for each other, imo.

To me, Dak is one of those quiet big ego guys who sees himself as a super hero capable of doing much more than he actually is, mentally or physically.
He wants desperately to be affirmed as the field general he isn't so he takes chances to be the savior when he shouldn't. He might make 2-3 great plays in a row and suddenly
To make it worse, his exaggerated mental image of himself has always been and still is continuously supported by Jerrah who won't or can't admit he is mistaken about Dak as a QB.
Bingo. It's kind of a Chinese finger trap. The better he does, the more dangerous it is for everyone, and the more stuck they are.

The Pats and Cowboys are the two most valuable teams in the NFL and two of the most valuable teams in professional sports globally. The Cowgirls have always been there, but the rise of the Patriots under Kraft has been spectacular, which must really irk Jerrah. :coffee:
Debbie!

key watch for me is:
I am thinking that Cowboys attack Myles Bryant since CeeDee Lamb should be covered by Gonsalez

does BO'B attack an older Gilmore now that Diggs is IR'd? :unsure:

speaking of Gilmore --- how does he square leaving the Pats "because my wife wants to live in the Carolinas"
since they only spent 1 year there before moving to Indianapolis :barf: then on to Dallas :)

key watch for me is:
I am thinking that Cowboys attack Myles Bryant since CeeDee Lamb should be covered by Gonsalez

speaking of Gilmore --- how does he square leaving the Pats "because my wife wants to live in the Carolinas"
since they only spent 1 year there before moving to Indianapolis :barf: then on to Dallas :)
Because his wife likes Carolina, but LOVES $$$$.

Glad that both you and Flagg have him sorted, because they need to phase him out if they intend to be serious contenders before Jerry Jones
fully turns the reins over to his kid or croaks.

I think Jerry is exactly why they are what they are. Good enough to get a lot of attention and win their share early and not good enough to get
much of a sniff in the playoffs. He's not a bad football guy, because they always have star players and do a good job of identifying talent, but
they just never seem to play smart, disciplined football when it counts.

They are our polar opposites in terms of team-building philosophy.

I remember sitting in a bar in Florida loaded with Cowboys fans a while back and there was some conversation going on, put it that way. It was
reasonably good-natured stuff, but it was clear they all agreed that we had SUB-PAR talent and were lucky flukes. Same as it ever was. Dallas
was going to kill us, according to them, and there was plenty of dumbass yukking it up for my benefit, which didn't phase me a bit.

As the game went on the hot air started to go out of the room as we systematically dismantled them in classic fashion while I schooled the ones
still there as a consolation prize. I even bought a round to say no hard feelings, just Patriot way business and safe travels, folks.

Honestly, that was a really fun game behind enemy lines and I was seldom more proud to be a Patriots fan than that day.

I think Sunday will be somewhat the same story. Team First vs. Star System--- who you got? I know my answer.

key watch for me is:

Well after he went to Carolina, at that point, he was about getting the jobs he was offered.

It's not 2019 Steph Gilmore back there.

Glad that both you and Flagg have him sorted, because they need to phase him out if they intend to be serious contenders before Jerry Jones
fully turns the reins over to his kid or croaks.

I think Jerry is exactly why they are what they are. Good enough to get a lot of attention and win their share early and not good enough to get
much of a sniff in the playoffs. He's not a bad football guy, because they always have star players and do a good job of identifying talent, but
they just never seem to play smart, disciplined football when it counts.

They are our polar opposites in terms of team-building philosophy.

I remember sitting in a bar in Florida loaded with Cowboys fans a while back and there was some conversation going on, put it that way. It was
reasonably good-natured stuff, but it was clear they all agreed that we had SUB-PAR talent and were lucky flukes. Same as it ever was. Dallas
was going to kill us, according to them, and there was plenty of dumbass yukking it up for my benefit, which didn't phase me a bit.

As the game went on the hot air started to go out of the room as we systematically dismantled them in classic fashion while I schooled the ones
still there as a consolation prize. I even bought a round to say no hard feelings, just Patriot way business and safe travels, folks.

Honestly, that was a really fun game behind enemy lines and I was seldom more proud to be a Patriots fan than that day.

I think Sunday will be somewhat the same story. Team First vs. Star System--- who you got? I know my answer.
Hopefully the offense will be clicking and all in sync.

Last edited:
my concern is if the dallas coaching staff has addressed being gashed by the run.
Ni doubt they tried to address it, but if it's a fundamental flaw in the personal they are going to have to commit extra bodies to the line, and that should one up the middle of the field. That would be opening up our strength. Going to be a chess game.

Back