Welcome to America

Pyxis

First one at MY house
Reaction score
Mr and Mrs Gomez have arrived in Denver, Colorado. :wave:

Let this be their thread whilist vacationing in our spectacular landholding.

Many kisses and hugs!
Posted via Mobile Device

I hope security took all the necessary steps and did a full body cavity search:coffee:

Mrs. Cat, Mr. GC - Have the time of your lives. Travel is wonderful. I'm off to Italy in less than two weeks and I M Stoked.

Re: Colorado - A friend of mine brought me a six pack of Russian River Brewery "Pliny the Elder" last month. It's a California brewerey but he brought (shipped) a case back from Colorado. I would describe it as like an IPA on steroids. Golden, creamy, super hoppy (seriously, can smell the hops from across the room), malty and fabulous. Try it if you can. All the Russian River stuff is 'sposed to be great and lots of great beers in the US these days. I also had a draft Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout in Boston that was a great Colorado stout.

Cheers, :toast: BostonTim

Have a good time trying to find a good spotted dick in the US!!

Have fun you limey's!!!

Thanks, guys. We've just got used to the time difference, seven hours. Really loving the place and people who are much friendlier than home. We're doing a blog as we go along - http://2jtour.blogspot.co.uk/
Posted via Mobile Device
Just remember, asking to borrow a f@g in an alley probably won't go over well until you get to San Francisco :Lecture:

This evening was fun. We've moved to a small town in the Rockies called Estes Park. We saw a herd of elk, which was really cool.
Posted via Mobile Device

Love Estes Park! Passed out from the lack of oxygen with the thin air up there and had to have someone else ride my motorcycle back down through Boulder. But I love Estes Park!

ROFL

This evening was fun. We've moved to a small town in the Rockies called Estes Park. We saw a herd of elk, which was really cool.
Posted via Mobile Device

If you see this guy at your hotel, you may want to move.

the-shining-jack_nicholson.jpg

Hope you enjoy the rest of the trip!

The Timberline Lodge at Mt Hood is in Colorado?:huh:

Not Exactly

The neoclassical hotel was the inspiration for the fictional Overlook Hotel in Stephen King's novel The Shining. While he and his wife were staying at the Stanley, King conceived the basic idea for the novel. The 1997 television miniseries version of The Shining was filmed at the Stanley, and it has been used as a location site for other films as well, most notably as the "Hotel Danbury" in Dumb and Dumber.[6]​

This place is awesome. We went on a tour with a local guy who do entirely justifies his amazing rating on Trip Advisor. He took us into the National Park, which is unbelievably stunning. We got really lucky as they have just had a touch of snow on the peaks. That really made the whole thing. We'll put awesome pics on the blog when we can find a decent pc with an SD slot.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not Exactly

The neoclassical hotel was the inspiration for the fictional Overlook Hotel in Stephen King's novel The Shining. While he and his wife were staying at the Stanley, King conceived the basic idea for the novel. The 1997 television miniseries version of The Shining was filmed at the Stanley, and it has been used as a location site for other films as well, most notably as the "Hotel Danbury" in Dumb and Dumber.[6]​
Posted via Mobile Device

Spent a night in Granby, CO, proper small town America. Spectacular scenery on the Zephyr up from Denver. Today we're doing a 24 hour stint on the train to Truckee, CA. The irony of this trip is that I'll be missing three Pats games.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds nice, other than the missing the 3 Pats Games part.You get to see the changing of the Leaves in some really Beautiful Country, my favorite time of the year besides spring.

I`m jealous, would love to get out West some day, Colorado, Grand Canyon, Utah, Vegas, and even Western Canada....someday..hopefully..

Back